September 20, 2019, 11:55:11 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 247592 times)

Offline AidanaWillowRaven

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #435 on: December 18, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
Hello, all.

My name is Aidana WillowRaven and I am a cover artist/illustrator with a particular love for scifi/fantasy. I don't see an art thread, but I'll try to find a spot out of the way.  :)
Aidana WillowRaven
WillowRaven Illustration & Design Plus
http://WillowRaven.weebly.com

*Any images I share are under copyright and are not to be claimed as your own, sold, or redistributed without my written permission. My clients pay good money for usage rights, as should any supposed art fan.

Offline ShadowKing

« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »
Hi all, I am The Shadow King (or Adam) I have been meaning to join for while as I am friends with Paul Wiseall and Overlord (Marc) and love the website.

I have a love for all things fantasy and mainly read the Warhammer books (not Warhammer 40,000) and have a slight obsession with anything to do with Elves/Dark Elves/Dwarves/Assassins/Mages and Dragons!

I equally love anything to do with Anime/Manga!

;D

Xxx

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Hello, all.

My name is Aidana WillowRaven and I am a cover artist/illustrator with a particular love for scifi/fantasy. I don't see an art thread, but I'll try to find a spot out of the way.  :)

Welcome Aidana!  Glad to have you here. :)  We don't have an art section yet, but I'll suggest it to the Overlord.  If you like, you can start an art topic in the general category for now. :)

Hi all, I am The Shadow King (or Adam) I have been meaning to join for while as I am friends with Paul Wiseall and Overlord (Marc) and love the website.

I have a love for all things fantasy and mainly read the Warhammer books (not Warhammer 40,000) and have a slight obsession with anything to do with Elves/Dark Elves/Dwarves/Assassins/Mages and Dragons!

;D

Xxx

Welcome Adam!  Glad you could make it!  Hope you enjoy your stay. :)  It's always nice to have more classic fantasy lovers in the mix. ;)

Offline AidanaWillowRaven

« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »

Welcome Aidana!  Glad to have you here. :)  We don't have an art section yet, but I'll suggest it to the Overlord.  If you like, you can start an art topic in the general category for now. :)

;D

Xxx

Thank you, Autumn2May. I will see if I can find a cozy spot in the general category. :D

ShadowKing, nice to meet you. I just finished a dragon piece you may like and am working on my first Manga inspired cover art piece. Look in the general area soon for the art thread. :D
Aidana WillowRaven
WillowRaven Illustration & Design Plus
http://WillowRaven.weebly.com

*Any images I share are under copyright and are not to be claimed as your own, sold, or redistributed without my written permission. My clients pay good money for usage rights, as should any supposed art fan.

Offline DRMarvello

« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Greetings fellow fantasy fans!

I'm Daniel R. Marvello, former Dungeons and Dragons player (we're talking the 70's and 80's here), and avid fantasy/sci-fi reader. As of this year, I'm also a fantasy writer. My first novel is going through editing right now and is scheduled for release January 31, 2012.

I found out about Fantasy Faction through Twitter. I hope to commune with other fantasy readers and writers here, and I promise to behave myself regarding self promotion. I'm here to build friendships and learn, not to sell you something.

Here's a link to my blog, which has links to my social networking accounts. I look forward to meeting you all!

Daniel's Blog: The Vaetra Files

Daniel R. Marvello
Blog: The Vaetra Files
Books: The Vaetra Chronicles

Offline sennydreadful

• Ambient Mage
  • Fantasy Writer and X-Box Obsessive
    • View Profile
    • sennydreadful.com
« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »
Hello all!

My name is Jen, and I'm a fantasy writer from London.  ;D Lovely to be here!

Reading wise I love Terry Pratchett, George R.R Martin, Neil Gaiman, Bernard Cornwell, and, gawd, loads of others. I'm reading The Steel Remains at the moment and loving it.

Looking forward to talking to you all soon!
The Copper Promise

http://sennydreadful.co.uk/

Offline Arbie

« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2012, 01:15:32 AM »
Hey,

I'm Arbie, a novice writer. I found this site through Twitter. =]

See you around the forum!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
Welcome to all our new members!  We hope you enjoy your stay! ;D

Offline RobertC

« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:22 AM »
Hi to all,

I am Robert and I found out about this from a blog(I frequent) about a contest and then headed over here from Fantasy Faction. I'm a published writer of short stories and flash fictions, I had to start somewhere for the pleasure and exposure only. Of course, I got a payment by getting a contributors copy and one is pending. If you want to know more just click on left to find more about me where there is the pictographs of the the green circle, emails and such.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:54:34 AM by RobertC »
Cheers,
Robert Cristante.

"To err is human..."

Offline Dianna

« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »
Hi there! I'm Dianna, alternatively known as Litharukia/Lithy wherever there are Nanowrimo types. I blog but I haven't quite published any fiction yet. My critique partner sent me a link to the contest and I decided to check out the community too. I hope I like it here.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »
Welcome!  I hope you both enjoy your stay!  And if you need any more information on our contests, please feel free to ask. :)

Offline RobertC

« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
Welcome!  I hope you both enjoy your stay!  And if you need any more information on our contests, please feel free to ask. :)

Thank you for the welcome.
Cheers,
Robert Cristante.

"To err is human..."

Offline Spiced Wine

« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
Hi, I'm new!

I'm Spiced Wine on Live Journal, and write fanfic under that name, but I'm fine with people calling me Siân, my real name. I don't even know why I gave myself a pen-name, except every-one else seemed to, and I was such a noob a few years back I thought it was an unwritten rule.

I live in Wiltshire, UK, and spend half my time reading, and half of it writing. I try and fit the rest of my life into any cracks.

I found the site via Twitter.

Offline RobertC

« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
Hi, I'm new!

I'm Spiced Wine on Live Journal, and write fanfic under that name, but I'm fine with people calling me Siân, my real name. I don't even know why I gave myself a pen-name, except every-one else seemed to, and I was such a noob a few years back I thought it was an unwritten rule.

I live in Wiltshire, UK, and spend half my time reading, and half of it writing. I try and fit the rest of my life into any cracks.

I found the site via Twitter.

Hi Sian or should that be Spiced Wine.  ;) There is no written rule about pen names, that I know of. Anyway there is a lot of writers out there that do write with pen names, such as Stephen King and his son are just a few that I know of. I only wish I could but I feel that I can do it with my real name. Anyway it is about feeling comfortable so I say good luck Spicy. ;)
Cheers,
Robert Cristante.

"To err is human..."

Offline Jasmine

« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »
Hi all! -waves- I'm Jasmine. Eighteen, Egyptian, and future Empress of the World. I've been an avid fan of Fantasy Faction for a long, long while, but for some reason I just never got around to joining. But here I am, finally emerging from stalk-mode to chat with all you lovely fellow fantasy-nuts. ^_^

I fancy myself a writer, and I have J.K. Rowling to thank for that. I'm not all that familiar with the more recent works of fantasy, although they all sound amazing, because no one ever remembers Egypt. ;__; And the books I order keep getting lost in the mail. But whatever I can get my hands on, I devour, and my favourites include George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, Carol Berg's Rai-Kirah trilogy and anything by Guy Gavriel Kay. I'm also a huge Godfather fan, but that's not fantasy. =P Although it should be. Somebody needs to write a fantasy version of The Godfather. Like, now.

Ah... I also talk too much.  ;D