September 18, 2019, 11:24:32 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246964 times)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Chris, from Canada.

I've been lurking for a few weeks, and finally decided to step out from the shadows.  I've been a fan of fantasy for a long time, a writer for a few years (as of yet unpublished).  I like what I see here - it seems a friendly, respectful community with lots of people passionate about the genre. 

I'm looking forward to procrastinating here.

Hi Chris!  If your mission is procrastinating and your love is fantasy then you have definitely found the right site!  Welcome! :)

Offline JasonBeineke

« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »
Hello, my name is Jason Beineke and I am a newly self-published author.  I came across Fantasy-Faction while at Twitter and started following links.  Very nice place you've got here :D
“Can’t you just wave that big sword of yours at him and make him disappear?” - Hiroe

“And if I get the wrong horse,” Hiroe called back, “take mine and we’ll trade up when we’re sober.”

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/85530

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BCPEHG

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
Hello, my name is Jason Beineke and I am a newly self-published author.  I came across Fantasy-Faction while at Twitter and started following links.  Very nice place you've got here :D

Thank you very much sir we're happy you like it!  Glad to have you here! :)

Offline Not-So-Bloody-Nine

• Coreling
  • I lie a lot, and that's the truth
    • View Profile
    • Reality Infringement
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
****** Greetings and Salutations! *******

My name is... a secret, actually. And not one I take lightly, like when your co-worker tells you that so-and-so is having an affair with him. Certainly, the latter is a piece of information I would gladly spread in the interest of public service. I am a good samaritan, after all.

But my name? No, no, no, no. That is an altogether different matter. We know from The Lies of Locke Lamora that knowing a person's name gives you power over them. Power to control, power to hurt, power to kill. I would really rather not risk that chance. Not to say I don't trust you, not at all. But I really rather like having free will, at least within the confines of the predetermined path our Overseers have set for us. Even this illusion of free will is better than the reality of control.

So who am I? I am a wanderer, a mystic, a philosopher and a sage. I offer guidance out of the darkness to those who do not desire it, and I abandon those who cry out to me. I am a sinner, but less so than most saints. I am also a saint, but that's not a claim I can prove. (Unlike the others; those are entirely verifiable.)

I don't suppose you will be surprised to learn that none of that is true. The truth is... I just love Fantasy; Epic, mostly, though I have never been known to shy away from fantasies... And that is why I'm here.

I hope that is enough.
Currently reading - Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »
****** Greetings and Salutations! *******

My name is... a secret, actually. And not one I take lightly, like when your co-worker tells you that so-and-so is having an affair with him. Certainly, the latter is a piece of information I would gladly spread in the interest of public service. I am a good samaritan, after all.

But my name? No, no, no, no. That is an altogether different matter. We know from The Lies of Locke Lamora that knowing a person's name gives you power over them. Power to control, power to hurt, power to kill. I would really rather not risk that chance. Not to say I don't trust you, not at all. But I really rather like having free will, at least within the confines of the predetermined path our Overseers have set for us. Even this illusion of free will is better than the reality of control.

So who am I? I am a wanderer, a mystic, a philosopher and a sage. I offer guidance out of the darkness to those who do not desire it, and I abandon those who cry out to me. I am a sinner, but less so than most saints. I am also a saint, but that's not a claim I can prove. (Unlike the others; those are entirely verifiable.)

I don't suppose you will be surprised to learn that none of that is true. The truth is... I just love Fantasy; Epic, mostly, though I have never been known to shy away from fantasies... And that is why I'm here.

I hope that is enough.

Welcome!  Glad to have you! :)  Excellent choice of usernames by the way. ;)

Offline Not-So-Bloody-Nine

• Coreling
  • I lie a lot, and that's the truth
    • View Profile
    • Reality Infringement
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »
Glad to be here. And thanks for the kudos on the name. I had initially signed up under my initials (afa) but then decided that I need a name that stood out a little more, and this just came to me. As you can imagine, I am an Abercrombie fan.

By the way, what is this I see under my name called "Trade Count"? I'm still learning the ropes around here.
Currently reading - Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2011, 01:03:13 PM »
Glad to be here. And thanks for the kudos on the name. I had initially signed up under my initials (afa) but then decided that I need a name that stood out a little more, and this just came to me. As you can imagine, I am an Abercrombie fan.

By the way, what is this I see under my name called "Trade Count"? I'm still learning the ropes around here.

You're welcome! :)

Trade count is part of our book swap program.  You can learn more about it here. :)

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/book-market/welcome-to-the-market/

Offline Elisa Nuckle

« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2011, 03:00:24 AM »
Hi,

I wandered over here from Twitter. Been in need of a good fantasy hangout online and this place seems pretty nice. I'm a fantasy novelist, or at least I want to be. I know that's probably not unique around here, haha, but there you have it. My online handle has always been Amriah, but my name's Elisa Michelle. Nice to meet y'all.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2011, 03:12:08 AM »
Hi,

I wandered over here from Twitter. Been in need of a good fantasy hangout online and this place seems pretty nice. I'm a fantasy novelist, or at least I want to be. I know that's probably not unique around here, haha, but there you have it. My online handle has always been Amriah, but my name's Elisa Michelle. Nice to meet y'all.

Welcome Amriah!  We love having new aspiring writers join us. :)  Make sure you check out the Writer's Corner, where all of us fantasy writing nerds hang out. ;)

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/writers-corner/

Offline Elisa Nuckle

« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2011, 04:08:54 AM »
Sounds fun! Can't wait to join in. This place has some amazing articles. I'm really in love so far. =D

Offline Thyra

« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »
It`s only been about four years since I "found" fantasy and I`m still trying to find my way through it all. I`m "a book a day" kind of person - at least when real life doesn`t interfere with her stupid demands (I run a PR agency so demands often hard to ignore).
Living in a country where bookstores generally frown upon the whole fantasy genre (unless a movie has been made from it and teenagers form lines outside the stores), I have to rely on the mighty web for information and inspiration. I`ve been lurking here a little while, enjoying all the directions you`ve been pointing me at. Now I figured it was time to participate.
Thank you for making a forum like this!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
It`s only been about four years since I "found" fantasy and I`m still trying to find my way through it all. I`m "a book a day" kind of person - at least when real life doesn`t interfere with her stupid demands (I run a PR agency so demands often hard to ignore).
Living in a country where bookstores generally frown upon the whole fantasy genre (unless a movie has been made from it and teenagers form lines outside the stores), I have to rely on the mighty web for information and inspiration. I`ve been lurking here a little while, enjoying all the directions you`ve been pointing me at. Now I figured it was time to participate.

You're welcome!  And thank you for joining us!  We love fantasy lovers new and old. :)  Enjoy your stay Thyra! :)

Offline Thyra

« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Thank you  :D

Offline Elisa Nuckle

« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »

Where are you from, Thyra? =)

Offline Thyra

« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
I`m Danish but I live in Norway. I`ve also lived in Sweden, Greece and California so that question is always a hard one to answer  :)