October 23, 2018, 04:19:36 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 198812 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 07, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
Welcome, feel free to post everywhere!

@Zefhuro, did you change your name? It'll be difficult to remember to call you Zenoc ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Zefhuro

« Reply #1351 on: September 08, 2018, 12:26:06 AM »
@ScarletBea I see what you mean! I didn't think about that when introducing myself ^^; Zefhuro is fine by me :-) . Thanks for the greeting!

@CameronJohnston Hello Cameron, glad to be here. :D

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1352 on: September 09, 2018, 03:01:12 AM »
Greetings! I am also new here, my name is Tom Wilson.
I am fan of George Martin, Howard Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Stanislaw Lem, Andrzej Sapkowski and other fantasy writers.

I read a lot, and try to write a collection of my own stories. One day I was very impressed after reading Solaris by S.Lem. This is my favorite novel of all time. Besides of books, I also like gaming. My favorite games are The Witcher 2,3, TES series: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA etc.

Unfortunately, my PC needs currently some improvements (I want change my GPU on MSI GTX 1060 6Gb, because it is quite old and also improve my RAM) and I can't play games. Just can surf the Internet with my Acer CB3-131 chromebook. But I hope soon I will be able to return to the world of video games.

Hope I will find good friends here  ;) Thanks!

@TWilson I thought you were talking about Soleri by Michael Jonston when I first read this!

I recently got a new laptop, loving the newfound video gaming capability, tho I only use it to play skyrim.... I have an i7-7700HQ 2.81 GHz a GTX 1060 and 16 GB RAM

Offline Jenny HJ

« Reply #1353 on: October 02, 2018, 09:24:56 AM »
Hi...
I’m new.

Well to the forums anyhow. I have been a member of the Fb group for years and finally dragged my butt on over here!
Reading wise, i’ll Try most things. I like different, non human races, fantasy with a big smattering of original creatures.
I got halfway trough malazan and loved it. I will finish it one day, but other books called louder!

I have been slogging away at my WIP for a fair few years. It took a long break due to pressures of parenting and my main job, but I hope to finally finish it next year.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:11:47 PM by Jenny HJ »

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 02, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, @Jenny HJ !

Things might move slower here than on fb, but it means you can get really involved in discussions - feel free to post anywhere, even very old threads!

I see you already entered the monthly writing competition, well done!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Anhaga

« Reply #1355 on: October 02, 2018, 01:01:46 PM »
Although I'm very new myself I would like to give you a warm welcome, Jenny HJ!

I also have to say that I've just realised that I didn't need to create a new thread to say hi since one can do it here... I feel kind of stupid now, but hey at least I noticed!

Anyway, welcome again!

Offline Jenny HJ

« Reply #1356 on: October 02, 2018, 01:15:21 PM »
@ScarletBea thank you! 
This month i’ll have a lot more time to actually think about the topic! i have Ideas already whizzing round my head like baby dragons spurting the first sparks of fire!

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 02, 2018, 01:44:05 PM »
like baby dragons spurting the first sparks of fire!
;D

And Anhaga, no worries, you can post anywhere ;)

Offline Anhaga

« Reply #1358 on: October 02, 2018, 05:46:32 PM »
And Anhaga, no worries, you can post anywhere ;)

Thanks!

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1359 on: October 03, 2018, 06:33:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum, @Jenny HJ !

Things might move slower here than on fb, but it means you can get really involved in discussions - feel free to post anywhere, even very old threads!

I see you already entered the monthly writing competition, well done!

Welcome @Anhaga and @Jenny HJ -- good luck in the writing competition! Last I recall, @ScarletBea very recently started digging though Mazatlan as well.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 03, 2018, 12:02:51 PM »
Hi, @Jenny HJ

I’ll be very interested to know whether you find the Forum experience engaging after the Facebook one. (There’s no correct answer, of course.) Most of us who’ve been here awhile haven’t gotten into the FB side much. Anyway, just curiosity. As said above, things go a little slower here, but there are also a bunch of us who’ve formed quite important friendships here.

But welcome in every case! I’ve read Gardens of the Moon and loved it. Started Deadhouse, but haven’t gotten into it yet. I had the same experience with Gardens; it took a few restarts to get going, and then I loved loved loved it.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 03, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
I read the first 3 books in a row, then I got a break and been reading other books. I've got book 4 at home, ready to read soon, and I'll probably do 4-6 in a row as well :)

Offline RelentlessMuse

« Reply #1362 on: October 06, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »
Hello! I'm Victor.  Quite a while ago I remember being on this website and enjoying it and the community, and then life happened and I wandered off.  But I am back now!

Fantasy is the main genre I read in, though I do read some sci-fi, and a lot of writing craft books.  Horror is my main genre outside of reading.  I have a massive To Read pile and am hoping that the peer pressure of all these other people reading will help me get back to it!

So. Hi.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 06, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »
Hi there, welcome back!
We like new people, just make yourself at home, read old threads and post wherever you like.

Which books are in your To Read pile? You can always create a new thread with them, and we'll tell you which ones we've read/liked :)

« Reply #1364 on: October 20, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »
Hey everyone :)

I'm Manuel, 25, and I live in Austria.

Found this forum by... well, googling and looking for a nice, new forum that's about fantasy and stuff like that - My favorite fantasy books are Harry Potter, A Discovery of Witches and currently, I'm reading Anne Rice's books (is that considered fantasy or horror?).

I also love tv shows, probably even more than movies, Charmed and Buffy are definitely among my favorites.

Well, that's about it I guess :D

Hi everyone.