September 17, 2019, 06:00:48 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246811 times)

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1260 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:39 AM »
Yes Bradley loves writing about toilets for example, you can make him happy mentioning toilets in your posts!
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 02, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »
@Ar If you haven't found this thread yet, you may enjoy the latest post  ;D

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/general-discussion/but-i-guess-that's-none-of-my-business/1065/
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Eclipse

• Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 02, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
Eclipse was browsing the obscure scrolls in the holy hall of fantasy faction and chronicling the members name of past,present and future when he heard a noise, he put down the scrolls and went to see what the commotion was  where he stumbled upon a strange scene a toilet which was never before there in this section of the hall and the member  Bradley kneeling before it like he was preying to it "hi eclipse I thought I was the only one down here, I'm doing very boring work for my masters and I'm too lazy to go back to the entrance of the hall to use the toilet so I thought while not kill two birds with one stone. I can summon a demon toilet to do my bidding!, I can use my own personal toilet and I can kill my  slave masters with the stench coming off  from demon toilet"

Eclipse frowned doubtfully at this he know some members were a bit on the crazy side but this took the biscuit and he was worried about the  ancient scrolls , there was already a god of Goats haunting the place scaring visitors away. Bradley he said have you thought this through? Because that demon you summon looks out of control.

"Crap" there both said in unison

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Offline Ar

« Reply #1263 on: June 02, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
@Ar If you haven't found this thread yet, you may enjoy the latest post  ;D

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/general-discussion/but-i-guess-that's-none-of-my-business/1065/

Haha, I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for info ;)
Do you like fantasy? Of course you do ;)
Then you should visit my site on:
https://www.patreon.com/ArturPlatek

Offline Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Godling
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #1264 on: June 02, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
Hello. I haven't introduced myself because sometimes I prefer to get to know someone before saying hello.  :-\ (Introvert problems.)

I'm successfully aspiring to be a writer. I resaddled a few years back after doing a bit of everything (psychology, literature, factory work, etc.) After uprooting my old life (I was miserable), I decided that writing would be my new focus. Now I do some freelance work as a content editor and occasionally content writing, but whenever I can I work on my own material. I have way less money and I'm way happier!
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 02, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
Welcome!

No worries, lots of introverts around here :D

I normally say 'post at will', but you've already started to do that, so yay!
If you're a writer, then give our monthly contest a chance - we've just posted June's theme :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Godling
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #1266 on: June 02, 2017, 02:08:45 PM »
I noticed the contest and I'm mulling over some ideas. Thank you!
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Offline ThiefofHope

« Reply #1267 on: June 16, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
Hi, I'm new ^^

I'm ThiefofHope and I write dark, high fantasy epics. I hope that by joining a fantasy-focussed community I'll get the feedback and support I need to sell my second and third works, a duology following five points of view.

Hmm...I play violin, love to worldbuild independent of what goes into the stories, I cosplay, and I waffle about on the internet when I should be doing something more constructive.

Nice to meet you all!

Also, do you have to do a captcha every time you make a post? I don't mind much, it's just really hard on my eyes T.T
"Cowards are better at surviving. Perhaps that is why you have lived this long." --Seryll Numarya

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 16, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »
Hi and welcome, @ThiefofHope!

The captch thing only happens during the first 5 posts (I think!), just to avoid spammer bots, hehe

Browse, read and post at will! We're all very nice, and a little bit crazy too ;)
How did you find us?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ThiefofHope

« Reply #1269 on: June 16, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »
Hi and welcome, @ThiefofHope!

The captch thing only happens during the first 5 posts (I think!), just to avoid spammer bots, hehe

Browse, read and post at will! We're all very nice, and a little bit crazy too ;)
How did you find us?

Alright, thank you :D

I got fed up with another forum that wasn't fantasy-specific (they were awfully anti-speculative fiction for an "all-genres" forum) so I made it my mission to hunt down a fantasy-oriented place and found this :) I like it so far.
"Cowards are better at surviving. Perhaps that is why you have lived this long." --Seryll Numarya

Offline Eclipse

• Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 16, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
I will speak to you on three conditions @ThiefofHope

You need to be a bit odd

You use the English spellings not the Ridiculous American spelling of words, use the U my friend

Worship the great Goat God of the forums

oh and its okay if you don't like Robin Hoob like Bea, oh wait that's me  :D

okay fess up which famous author could you not get into? and whose you favourites (not favorites use the bloody U!)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:41:22 PM by Eclipse »

Offline ThiefofHope

« Reply #1271 on: June 16, 2017, 07:02:10 PM »
@Eclipse I've certainly got the first bit down, as well as using mostly English spellings for words--especially the U. I'm not familiar with the Great Goat God of the Forums, but I'd love to be enlightened.

A famous author I couldn't get into is Paolini. I just couldn't do it. I like dragons and stuff but it was just...boring. I need more going on than what it offered.

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 17, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »
Hello and welcome @ThiefofHope have a look at this thread and learn all about Atku, great Goat God but always remember Dragons Rule  ;D

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/general-discussion/jokes-on-the-forum-goats-and-atku-god-of-goats-in-particular/
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1273 on: June 17, 2017, 04:07:31 AM »
Hi, @ThiefofHope and welcome!
It's great to have new victims members.
As regards waffling on the internet when you're not writing, search for the "Avoiding writing" thread.
If you do get a good bout of writing in, search form"How much did you write today"
If you hate your day job, we have a thread for that.
There's a monthly writing contest.
And a tavern if you just want to shoot any of us the breeze.

Enjoy!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ThiefofHope

« Reply #1274 on: June 17, 2017, 06:26:50 AM »
@Jmack Thank you!

This is the best reception I've received in any writing forum I've been to, including the one I run. I really like it here :D you're all so nice.