February 22, 2017, 06:23:36 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 142119 times)

Offline Mehman

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 10, 2016, 12:26:49 AM »
Welcome to the fold, @cuprob! Feel free to pet the goats while you're here. They bite, though... Oh well. You didn't need buttons anyway!

I also love to read different series / books at the same time. We're a breed apart - we live dangerously and fast. People take notice, I'm sure.

Offline Eclipse

• Total eclipse of the dragon's heart
  • Khaleesi
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 10, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »
Welcome Robert , how yam doin my old mucker.

Do you live by the cut?

I'm Saloninus, by the way. And I tell lies, from time to time. Which goes to prove the old rule; never entirely trust a man who talks about himself in the third person.

Blue and Gold by K.J Parker

Offline Lady_Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Master Namer
  • Dragon Duchess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 10, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Hi and welcome @cuprob we love discussing books and there are many other fans who like the series you're reading. Fond of Mistborn myself and there are quite afew Malazan addicts around. Also guilty of reading several books at once, but not usually several series - can't juggle so many characters, but good on you if you can. ;D
Knitting is not actually possible. It's magic. And therefore the people who *claim* to knit are actually wizards & their needles are wands.  Bradley. P. Beaulieu

Offline cuprob

« Reply #1203 on: December 10, 2016, 12:55:20 PM »
@Mehman I think I am incapable of sticking to one series, just so many books I must read. Don't worry I am used to being beaten, rabbits are just pure evil, I think the one out of Monty Python is a bit tame compared to my one.

Hello @Eclipse I am doing great, just enjoying having a weekend free, university was bad for free time  :'( :'(

@Lady_Ty Mistborn is another series I seriously want to read, don't tempt me I have been close to the buy button on Amazon already  ;D ;D Despite reading loads already I would still love book suggestions.

Offline S. K. InkSlinger

« Reply #1204 on: December 20, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »
Hello everyone, new member here! I just started using Goodreads recently after years of lurking around searching for book ratings. I stumbled upon this group while searching for friends on the site. As an avid reader of fantasy novels, there is no better thing that could have happened to me. Nice to meet you all, and looking forward to talking with people and having a great time!   :D

Offline fdorrian87

« Reply #1205 on: January 11, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
Hi all, not sure if i've posted here yet, if i have then apologies, ive been offline for sometime.

Anyhoo im frank, fantasy lover and writer like most here, good to make your acquaintance :)
The Shadow of the High King - released August 30th

frankdorrian.wordpress.com

Offline Jmack

• Clueless Morgan and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • Champion and destroyer of squirrels
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 11, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
Hi all, not sure if i've posted here yet, if i have then apologies, ive been offline for sometime.

Anyhoo im frank, fantasy lover and writer like most here, good to make your acquaintance :)

Hi, @fdorrian87.
Welcome to the nuthouse Forum!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline S. K. InkSlinger

« Reply #1207 on: January 12, 2017, 02:56:47 AM »
Welcome to the FF forums, fdorrian!

Offline mooderino

« Reply #1208 on: January 21, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »
Hello,

I'm Moody. Been a lurker for a long time, thought I 'd go legit. Greetings from cloudy England.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1209 on: January 21, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »
Welcome Moody :)
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline dagg770

« Reply #1210 on: February 02, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Hello from Ukrane. New one here

Offline Jmack

• Clueless Morgan and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • Champion and destroyer of squirrels
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 02, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
Hello from Ukrane. New one here

Help @dagg770!
Glad you found us.
What's your favorite book of all time?
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline JCkang

« Reply #1212 on: February 08, 2017, 02:08:24 AM »
Hello! I probably should've introduced myself before posting on several threads.  I've been a fan of fantasy since my older brother read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe to me almost 40 years ago.  It was a gateway (LOL, see what I did there?) drug to the Hobbit and then D&D. As a middle schooler, I decided I wanted to write SFF for a living, until my silly desire to be cool clashed with my nerdom. Plus, I didn't have an original idea in my head.  Several years ago, I rediscovered my geek roots got back into SFF reading and writing.  It is always nice to talk about books with like-minded folks!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1213 on: February 08, 2017, 04:26:17 AM »
Well, @JCkang I'd say you're in the right place. Welcome. There's a core group of Tolkien fanatics here, myself and Jmack being among the most outspoken ones. Look forward to hearing more from you. What do you write? We have a wonderful monthly short story club you might try (maybe you did? I never can retain who wrote what). Anyway, I am sure you'll enjoy your time here. Some very sharp people here with deep, diverse knowledge in the unreal. And me. :)
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline ScarletBea

• The colour of Courage, Force, Passion, Heart and Joy & the wondrous Mistress of Cake
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 08, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Yes, welcome!
We quite like new fantasy-loving people here, so feel free to post anywhere - and resurrect old threads too ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!