July 04, 2020, 06:17:45 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 309590 times)

Offline ScottOden

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1185 on: November 13, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »
Thanks, Arry!  I'll make a new post in the specified board :)

Offline Smonin

« Reply #1186 on: November 13, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
Hi, I'm new. How's that for being original? I love good world building in Fantasy, old greats like Amber and still discovering newer authors. Love  lot of Gaiman's stuff. Thought this might be a good place to look for recommendations.

Offline Mehman

« Reply #1187 on: November 13, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
Hello there, @Smonin ! Your name reminds me of a ronin s'more warrior, saving the land from roving fireballs with sticks that eat the innocents. One warrior stands in their way: you. Would be a nice read, I think.

Anyway, feel free to post here and there and watch out for goats!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1188 on: November 13, 2016, 09:52:32 PM »
Recommendations and Nonsense, that us!  ;D
Welcome to the Faction.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Smonin

« Reply #1189 on: November 13, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »
Recommendations and Nonsense, that us!  ;D
Welcome to the Faction.

Sounds like I'm in the right place!

*Slings cape over sword hilt*

Don't mind the little goat, I promised to look after him and I shudder to think what I would be turned into if I failed in my task.

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »
I recommend the goat curry.
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline LightRunner

« Reply #1191 on: November 19, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »
So...after participating in the last two writing contests and being in the middle of a November submission, I thought I should finally introduce myself.

I'm a long-time reader of fantasy, and my writing has been intermittent but over the last year or two I've started to focus on it more.

I hope to keep participating in the writing contests, and I'd love to work with the other writers here to improve our craft!

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #1192 on: November 19, 2016, 09:27:03 PM »
So...after participating in the last two writing contests and being in the middle of a November submission, I thought I should finally introduce myself.

I'm a long-time reader of fantasy, and my writing has been intermittent but over the last year or two I've started to focus on it more.

I hope to keep participating in the writing contests, and I'd love to work with the other writers here to improve our craft!

Welcome!

Are you in the Corpses contest?
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1193 on: November 19, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »

Really glad you're here!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline LightRunner

« Reply #1194 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »

Welcome!

I am! Just another variable in the guessing :)

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1195 on: November 20, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
Welcome!

I KNEW you'd ask that. I can hear the pitter-patter of spreadsheets being updated hahahah!
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Manuel Jamon

« Reply #1196 on: November 26, 2016, 08:16:38 PM »
Hi, folks! My name is Manuel, from Berlin.
Joined the FF Facebook group a little while ago and like to step in here now, too. :)
Started reading fantasy in primary school and middle grade back in the eighties (Hobbit, Borribles and stuff), also fell in love with scifi during the nineties, but stopped reading much around 2002. Since about 3 years i´m back in the game, fully lit again! :)
Looking forward to stay in touch with you people here. Cheers.

Offline cuprob

« Reply #1197 on: December 09, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Robert from Birmingham, England.

I am fairly new to fantasy books, I used to be a massive addict to star wars books. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who reads fantasy  :'( , so have no one to discuss it with.

Currently I am reading multiple series, including Wheel of Time, SOIAF, Broken Empire as well as some more, with Malazan currently the series to beat. I know should probably just focus on one series at a time but where is the fun in that.

I will probably create to a thread to detail my journey through the unknown. Look forward to talking to you all  ;D .

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 09, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »
Welcome, @cuprob!
You have found exactly the right place to discuss fantasy books, you'll never again be out of books to read ;D
(by the way, how did you find us?)

Feel free to browse, read, and post everywhere (including old threads).

... even though I find you very strange, reading so many books at the same time :P ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline cuprob

« Reply #1199 on: December 09, 2016, 11:03:55 PM »
Hello @ScarletBea

I was just searching for forums to join, this looked like a good place to join.

I am probably reading like 8-10 different series currently, I am amazed how I can keep track tbh.  :D

Luckily all the series I am reading are all quite unique I would say, just finished reading White-Luck Warrior , such a depressing but great book  :D