September 16, 2019, 01:46:00 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246649 times)

Offline deejrandom

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2011, 05:50:01 AM »
*Waves at the even newer people* Hi and welcome! I'm Random.  (....pretty much literally.)

Offline Jon Sprunk

« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

I literally just found this site. So hello.

I live in central PA with my family. I'm a fantasy author by profession.

--Jon

Offline jdiddyesquire

« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
I've been posting for a while, but never stopped in here.

I'm Justin.  I live and work in Washington DC for the U.S. Congress.  I write a speculative fiction blog (see sig) in my spare time.  When I'm not working, reading, or being a dad, I'm in the gym working toward my next bodybuilding show.

I'm also a borderline expert on Dora the Explorer.
Justin
My reviews and other malarkey:
http://staffersmusings.blogspot.com
Twitter: @jdiddyesquire
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1652081-justin

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

--Jon

Welcome Jon!  We're always glad to add more authors to our ranks!  I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Offline jdiddyesquire

« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

--Jon

Really liked Shadow's Son.  Need to pick up #2 here one of these days.

Justin

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »

I'm Justin.  I live and work in Washington DC for the U.S. Congress.  I write a speculative fiction blog (see sig) in my spare time.  When I'm not working, reading, or being a dad, I'm in the gym working toward my next bodybuilding show.

Hi Justin! :)  Didn't realize you were an expert on Dora.  What are your feelings on Go, Diego, Go? ;)

Offline jdiddyesquire

« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »

Hi Justin! :)  Didn't realize you were an expert on Dora.  What are your feelings on Go, Diego, Go? ;)

Well, Diego is clearly a misogynist.  Do you see how he orders Alicia around like she's his servant?! ;)

Seriously though my daughter prefers Diego some days.  She loves animals so Diego really delivers on that front.  But Diego's friends just aren't as cool as Dora's.  Swiper is way better than the Bobos and Benny/Isa/Tico make Baby Jaguar look like a pussycat.

I'd have to say my favorite Dora episode is the Pirate Adventure.  Isa turn the wheel, turn the wheel Isa!  So good.
Justin

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »

Well, Diego is clearly a misogynist.  Do you see how he orders Alicia around like she's his servant?! ;)

Seriously though my daughter prefers Diego some days.  She loves animals so Diego really delivers on that front.  But Diego's friends just aren't as cool as Dora's.  Swiper is way better than the Bobos and Benny/Isa/Tico make Baby Jaguar look like a pussycat.

I'd have to say my favorite Dora episode is the Pirate Adventure.  Isa turn the wheel, turn the wheel Isa!  So good.

I agree Dora is way better than Diego.  Diego would have been better if there was a villain.  Evil poachers, a bad guy that dumps garbage in the jungle, anything besides the Bobo brothers. :P

Okay I'm done now. :)  We now return to your regularly scheduled fantasy discussion. ;)

Offline Jon Sprunk

« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
Thank you, Autumn and jdiddy. I'm feeling right at home.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »
Thank you, Autumn and jdiddy. I'm feeling right at home.

Glad to help. ;)

Offline Jeni

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »
Hello
 I'm new to this whole forum thing.
 After a chat on twitter about reading habits, I realised that it had literally been YEARS since I read a decent book. I felt quite disgusted with myself and as a result I have read 7 books over the past two weeks. ( I know its not a lot, but in my defence I have a full time job and I'm a bit out of practice!).
 I found this site via twitter and thought I'd join as none of my current tweet pals seem to share my love of fantasy fiction...although I have been caught reading other types of fiction, too. I've now followed a few people from the Introductions>Re:twitter thread in order to rectify this unfortunate circumstance!
 This week I have read the Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duology by Karen Miller - The Innocent Mage, and, The Awakened Mage. Flippin' FANTASTIC! I had not read them or any of her books before, so did not know what to expect...but they will definately be books I read again, and again!
 Nice to meet you all,
 Jeni :)

Offline iwillreadbooks

« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »
Welcome to Fantasy Faction Jeni!
I Will Read Books (and review them) http://iwillreadbooks.com

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »
Hello
 I'm new to this whole forum thing.
 After a chat on twitter about reading habits, I realised that it had literally been YEARS since I read a decent book. I felt quite disgusted with myself and as a result I have read 7 books over the past two weeks. ( I know its not a lot, but in my defence I have a full time job and I'm a bit out of practice!).
 I found this site via twitter and thought I'd join as none of my current tweet pals seem to share my love of fantasy fiction...although I have been caught reading other types of fiction, too. I've now followed a few people from the Introductions>Re:twitter thread in order to rectify this unfortunate circumstance!
 This week I have read the Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duology by Karen Miller - The Innocent Mage, and, The Awakened Mage. Flippin' FANTASTIC! I had not read them or any of her books before, so did not know what to expect...but they will definately be books I read again, and again!
 Nice to meet you all,
 Jeni :)

Hi Jeni!  I'm Jennie! :)  This a great place to find new reads!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Offline Jeni

« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »
Thankyou for the welcome Jennie (Autumn2May) and iwillreadbooks!
Still finding my way around, but look forward to bumping in to you both in the discussions! :) xx

Offline Azrael.

• Coreling
  • Wake me up when the world is sane.
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads.
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2011, 02:29:11 AM »
Hi.
I've read a lot of fantasy and I've dabbled in writing. I've grown astounded by how few people actually read nowdays, or well, at least out of the people I know. Not to mention the similarities between books of a certain genre, it might just be my inate attraction to a certain subtype, but who knows.
What is a man but the sum of his memories?
We are the stories we live!
The tales we tell ourselves!

They called me mad.
I called them mad.
Damn them!
They outvoted me!

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.
People are either charming or tedious.