September 20, 2019, 11:54:17 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 247588 times)

Offline iwillreadbooks

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
Hi all,

I'm the newest of the new!

So I'm a 33-year old Swede living in London. I moved to London because the awesome weather. Senior Java Developer is my job title, but I'd rather by a Ruby on Rails developer. 11 years of Java and I've had enough :) I read an awful lot of books so in April I decided to share my opinion with the Internet. Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Crime is what I mostly read, well apart from all IT books but I wont review them. Please visit my blog to make fun of my poor English :)

//Erik
I Will Read Books (and review them) http://iwillreadbooks.com

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
Hi all,

So I'm a 33-year old Swede living in London. I moved to London because the awesome weather. Senior Java Developer is my job title, but I'd rather by a Ruby on Rails developer. 11 years of Java and I've had enough :) I read an awful lot of books so in April I decided to share my opinion with the Internet. Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Crime is what I mostly read, well apart from all IT books but I wont review them. Please visit my blog to make fun of my poor English :)

//Erik

Welcome Erik!  Your English sounds good to me. :)  If you're interested finding some books to review, you should check out our "Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?" thread in the Small Press & Self-Published section. :)

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/advertising-your-novels/want-to-have-your-novel-reviewed/

Nice to have you here!

Offline Roojets

« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
Hi,
I found this site through twitter too.
Just what I was looking for, so thanks for setting it up. ;D
My three top authors are David Gemmell, Robin Hobb and Ian Irvine.  So I guess you could say Fantasy is my thing.
I'm 29 (nearly put 27, don't know what happened to the last two years) and I live in UK.
Looking forward to chatting with y'all.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
Hi,
I found this site through twitter too.
Just what I was looking for, so thanks for setting it up. ;D
My three top authors are David Gemmell, Robin Hobb and Ian Irvine.  So I guess you could say Fantasy is my thing.
I'm 29 (nearly put 27, don't know what happened to the last two years) and I live in UK.
Looking forward to chatting with y'all.

Welcome Roojets!  I haven't read any Robin Hobb yet, so I'm excited for this month's bookclub! :)  Glad to see you'll be joining us! :)

Offline Nick14

« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm a 25 year old environmental engineer from Johannesburg and I have a serious fantasy addiction, been reading nothing else (except the odd sci-fi, western, or classic pirate novel) for almost ten years, and I cannot seem to find anything else interesting.  My favourite authors include, well, everything fantasy related,  Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, Peter V Brett and Trudi Canavan are my favourite authors, although I'll read (or listen, I have just recently discovered audiobooks, best invention ever, now driving doesn't have to be a bookless time) anything I can lay my hands on in this remote corner of Africa!
I've been reading through the forums, blogs and tweets and it seems I've found the most fantastic fantasy website on the internet, I hope the stay will be interesting...

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm a 25 year old environmental engineer from Johannesburg and I have a serious fantasy addiction, been reading nothing else (except the odd sci-fi, western, or classic pirate novel) for almost ten years, and I cannot seem to find anything else interesting.  My favourite authors include, well, everything fantasy related,  Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, Peter V Brett and Trudi Canavan are my favourite authors, although I'll read (or listen, I have just recently discovered audiobooks, best invention ever, now driving doesn't have to be a bookless time) anything I can lay my hands on in this remote corner of Africa!
I've been reading through the forums, blogs and tweets and it seems I've found the most fantastic fantasy website on the internet, I hope the stay will be interesting...

Welcome Nick!  It's so much fun when people all over the world find our website!  Glad you found us!  And I'm sure you'll find the site very interesting. :D  Just beware, your too read list is likely going to get a LOT longer! ;)

Offline Ken

« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2011, 05:16:29 AM »
Hi all,

//Erik
I'm almost like you except the whole living in London thing, slightly younger and I'm doing C# instead of Java. I want to move on to more exciting languages too, since it's never been a better time to be in tech. I also enjoy the same genre as you.

Offline richard_Denning

« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
HI guys. I work as a General Practitioner with a North Birmingham practice. I am also a Young adult sci-fi, historical fiction and historical fantasy writer. I am also a keen player of board games and other games I am one of the directors of UK Games Expo (a UK hobby games convention).
Richard Denning
Author of Young Adult Sci Fi and Historical Fiction:

Offline Ken

« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
HI guys. I work as a General Practitioner with a North Birmingham practice. I am also a Young adult sci-fi, historical fiction and historical fantasy writer. I am also a keen player of board games and other games I am one of the directors of UK Games Expo (a UK hobby games convention).

Hi, just read the synopsis of your books and they sound good. I've put Tomorrow’s Guardians on my to read list.

Offline missoularedhead

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2011, 06:01:39 AM »
*waves to all the new folk*

I love getting new authors from all of you!
"Well behaved women rarely make history" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Offline deejrandom

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2011, 10:01:27 AM »
Hi! I'm newish!

Offline missoularedhead

« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »
'ish'...ish is good. (What movie am I thinking of, darn it? I can't remember!!) -- except the line is 'if...if is good'. 

Offline deejrandom

« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
'ish'...ish is good. (What movie am I thinking of, darn it? I can't remember!!) -- except the line is 'if...if is good'. 

Disney's version of hercules :)  Hercules: "If, If Is Good!"

Offline omkarnageshkar

« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2011, 06:46:51 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm new here. My name is Omkar. I am 17 year old Engineering student currently staying in Pune, India. My first fantasy fiction series was the Inheritance Cycle. I have read quite a few books after that and my favs include The Legend of Asahiel by Eldon Thompson, Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks and of course The Inheritance Cycle.

It feels really good to be on a forum where everyone loves fantasy-fiction.. :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all. :)
"Fear not the embrace of darkness. Like the stars at night, we need the shadows to see the light."

Offline missoularedhead

« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
Omkar, welcome to the gang! Poke around, and if you're a writer, check out our writing forums (and if you're a reader, read some of our writers' work!)!