October 16, 2019, 01:21:14 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 258346 times)

Offline Pazzaria_Productions

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1065 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
Hello everyone. I am just introducing myself.
My name is Daniel L Rappaport, and I am an author of epic fantasy, as well as the director of creation with Pazzaria Productions.

I am honored to be here, and am looking forward to having a lot of great conversations!
Sincerely,

Daniel L Rappaport
Director of Creation
Pazzaria Productions

http://www.pazzaria.com

LIVE YOUR FANTASY!

Offline Stephen_Stone

« Reply #1066 on: August 14, 2015, 01:54:39 AM »
Um hi? How's it going? Avid Fantasy reader here. Heard this was a good place to crash.

Name's Stephen Stone by the way.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1067 on: August 14, 2015, 02:02:27 AM »
Um hi? How's it going? Avid Fantasy reader here. Heard this was a good place to crash.

Name's Stephen Stone by the way.
Welcome, Stephen! We love having new people join. Hope you find things around here to your liking!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline crumpedink

« Reply #1068 on: August 24, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
Well, hello. Long time lurker, first time writer here.

I'm Katherine, or Kat, and I'm a big fantasy fan. The latest two books I really enjoyed reading were The Incorruptibles and The Lies of Locke Lamora. I redcloaked for FantasyCon last year for the first time, and I do the occasional review for the BFS.

Not much more to say, really, but looking forward to getting involved on the forum rather than hiding away in the shadows, as is my general tendency.

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 24, 2015, 08:19:49 PM »
Welcome!
We love when lurkers come out of the shadows :D

You know where to go then, and as I always say, don't worry about writing in old threads about the books you love - we always like a chance to talk about books 8)
Be as serious and/or as crazy as you like - you know we are ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1070 on: August 24, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
Hi, Kat, and big welcome!

What's "redcloaking" mean? Is it volunteering or such?
I hope you've been following our Fantasy Series Battle of the Books thread. Now you can vote!  ;D
http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/fantasy-faction-book-battles/

Glad you're here.  :)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #1071 on: August 24, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »
Glad to have you out of the shadows, Kat! Hope you enjoy your stay around here. As Bea said, post to your heart's content. We might learn something valuable from a longtime lurker! Also, glad you enjoyed Lies. Lovely book.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline crumpedink

« Reply #1072 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »

I hope you've been following our Fantasy Series Battle of the Books thread. Now you can vote!  ;D

Yes, sorry! It seems to be a commonly used term for volunteering at fantasy events. Probably because we all dream of having cool, swishy cloaks.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1073 on: August 24, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »

Yes, sorry! It seems to be a commonly used term for volunteering at fantasy events. Probably because we all dream of having cool, swishy cloaks.

Which tells you how long it's been since I went to any convention...

Choose one:
> 2005
> 1995
> 1985
> 1975

Spoiler for Hiden:
2005: son started college
1995: daughter was seven
1985: got married
1975: yeah, probably about that time  :-[

www.starlit-lands.com

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #1074 on: August 24, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
Well, hello. Long time lurker, first time writer here.

I'm Katherine, or Kat, and I'm a big fantasy fan. The latest two books I really enjoyed reading were The Incorruptibles and The Lies of Locke Lamora. I redcloaked for FantasyCon last year for the first time, and I do the occasional review for the BFS.

Not much more to say, really, but looking forward to getting involved on the forum rather than hiding away in the shadows, as is my general tendency.

woo hoo!  more writers!

welcome!

Offline ScarletIce4695

« Reply #1075 on: September 04, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »
Assalam-o-Alaikum, this is Zaira Khalid and well wht more should i say  :o so umm...well i myself read nd write, infact one can call me the reader who writes :P 'Nyways just like so many others fantasy is supposed to be one of my favourite genres cuz it gives a person a chance to float and drown in some1 else's world, etc etc. Now as i think i've said enough, Allah Hafiz.

P.S I hope this post of mine wasn't annoying  ;)
P.S I love Harry Potter.....!

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1076 on: September 04, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Assalam-o-Alaikum, this is Zaira Khalid and well wht more should i say  :o so umm...well i myself read nd write, infact one can call me the reader who writes :P 'Nyways just like so many others fantasy is supposed to be one of my favourite genres cuz it gives a person a chance to float and drown in some1 else's world, etc etc. Now as i think i've said enough, Allah Hafiz.

P.S I hope this post of mine wasn't annoying  ;)

Not at all annoying, ScarletIce. Welcome to the Forum! Hope you find a lot here to enjoy.
I like the image "floating in someone else's world." Not so sure about the drowning part, though.   ;)  ;D
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 05, 2015, 03:34:46 AM »
Hi there Kat and Zaira, great to have you on the forum. Have a good look round, there's so much here for readers and writers. We also have a lot of fun, so look in at The Kings Paws thread in the General Discussion. That's where we chat and catch up with each other and laugh a lot. ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Logophile

« Reply #1078 on: September 22, 2015, 04:26:20 AM »
Hey guys! I'm Logophile (real name's Jamie) and I'm a writer who loves traditional fantasy and urban fantasy. My current original project is Moonflowers, which I've been posting as a serial story on the HitRECord website before I poked around and found out that this isn't a good idea for traditional publishing. (Even if it's just an early draft, which the current version of Moonflowers is.)

Apparently trad-publishers don't like competition for printing things out. Oh well, I can still go with indie-publishing or self-publishing.

I also love making maps. Making maps gives me a really nice sense of place for my stories. (Unfortunately, it's another way to get distracted from writing besides worldbuilding. :P )
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:29:57 AM by Logophile »

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #1079 on: September 22, 2015, 04:43:22 AM »
Hey Jaime! Glad you found us and congrats on the self-publishing. I think you'll like the place round here, and especially because we have a thread for maps, yeah.

I might enjoy them, too, no matter how much of a distraction they are hehe.

Here's to hoping you have a wonderful stay!
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky