September 18, 2019, 05:01:58 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246933 times)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1020 on: May 12, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »
Hi Bender, this forum is busy and friendly. Our Writers are particularly lively and always happy for new ones to join in. Look forward to hearing from you. :D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #1021 on: May 12, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »
Welcome Bender!  :)
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline Titus

« Reply #1022 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:18 AM »
Hi all .. not exactly new, I've been a member for some time now, but have never introduced myself!  I'm Tom, I'm a lover of fantasy and newly (last year or so) converted to Sci-Fi too. My favourite author is Joe Abercrombie, my favourite book(s) is Gormenghast, and my favourite film (of all time) is Labyrinth (I own it on Betamax, VHS, DVD, Bluray and I have the soundtrack  :))

Been using this site for years now (it's great!), mainly as a 'lurker' which I guess is reflected in the amount of posts against my name.  I'm more active on one of the other fantasy forums (where I'm a forum moderator), but we're all one big happy family right!?

Pleased to meet you all!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1023 on: May 15, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Wow, @Titus, you have to be the first person I've heard of whose favorite book is Gormenghast. I did start it recently and enjoyed what I read. Unfortunately I have BDD, book deficit disorder, and hop around from book t book illogically.

Anyway, "welcome"! No need to tell you where to look for fun here. Just make sure to put your dishes in the sink and do your own laundry. See you at The King's Paws.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 16, 2015, 01:50:54 AM »
Glad you told us a little more about yourself, @Titus, I had noticed earlier you were an Iron Druid fan, so you have excellent taste ;) I read that Book 8 is  Staked, but that is postponed until 2016 as he has a Jedi War series on the go.  The novellas help my impatience a little.  :D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline Titus

« Reply #1025 on: May 16, 2015, 08:29:27 AM »
Glad you told us a little more about yourself, @Titus, I had noticed earlier you were an Iron Druid fan, so you have excellent taste ;) I read that Book 8 is  Staked, but that is postponed until 2016 as he has a Jedi War series on the go.  The novellas help my impatience a little.  :D
Yeah, bit of an IDC fanboy! =) Read them all and some of the novellas (all the kindle-ised ones) earlier this year, and enjoyed them thoroughly (how can anyone not enjoy Oberon, right??) .. looking forward to Staked, which should be with us soon (I hope!).

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 16, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »
Yeah, bit of an IDC fanboy! =) Read them all and some of the novellas (all the kindle-ised ones) earlier this year, and enjoyed them thoroughly (how can anyone not enjoy Oberon, right??) .. looking forward to Staked, which should be with us soon (I hope!).

I've got the paperback novels of Iron Druid but I really don't wont to read the novellas on kindle now that I've brought the books hopefully there be released in paperback form one day  :)
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline jastius

« Reply #1027 on: June 19, 2015, 02:35:16 AM »
hi all!
i'm jastius, and i am from canada, and just followed the pretty signs right into your forum.

(and due to my cat usually sleeping on the one arm, i tend to type onehandedly, and use lowercase a lot :D)

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1028 on: June 19, 2015, 03:48:59 AM »
hi all!
i'm jastius, and i am from canada, and just followed the pretty signs right into your forum.

(and due to my cat usually sleeping on the one arm, i tend to type onehandedly, and use lowercase a lot :D)
Glad to have you, Jastius. For me, it's Rosie the Dog who tends to be on my arm or my lap or a leg or whatever, making typing, moving, etc. hard. We have a bunch of cat people here who wiull be happy to have another!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #1029 on: June 19, 2015, 03:55:23 AM »
Too many cat people. Brr.

But yeah, glad to have you around jastius! We all need more lowercaps in our life.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline jastius

« Reply #1030 on: June 19, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »

But yeah, glad to have you around jastius! We all need more lowercaps in our life.

thankyou doctor chill! i saw your potatoes of evil roleplay and thought it was hilarious!
 could you use a hello kitty addicted runaway valkyrie?

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #1031 on: June 19, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »

thankyou doctor chill! i saw your potatoes of evil roleplay and thought it was hilarious!
 could you use a hello kitty addicted runaway valkyrie?

The more the merrier has always been my motto! Sure!
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 21, 2015, 05:34:36 AM »
hi all!

Hi jastius, glad you've joined us. Anyone sharing their life with a cat is extra welcome, shows good taste and ability to be ahumble servant. Hope you  like dragons as well  ;D

Offline jastius

« Reply #1033 on: June 22, 2015, 04:18:56 AM »
hi all!

Hi jastius, glad you've joined us. Anyone sharing their life with a cat is extra welcome, shows good taste and ability to be ahumble servant. Hope you  like dragons as well  ;D
of course! i dream of dragons! :D

Offline KazaktheAwesome

• Tribute
  • Come For the Guardian and There Will Be Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 08, 2015, 07:42:34 PM »
hi all!

of course! i dream of dragons! :D

Did someone say dragons?? :D