April 06, 2020, 04:14:30 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 289109 times)

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #840 on: February 15, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
Welcome! Glad you found us :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Jonny_Anonymous

• Builder
  • Bring Us The Girl And Wipe Away The Debt
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 16, 2014, 01:17:13 AM »
Hi all, I'm Jon_Anon. I'm a total comic and gaming geek so I'm always online on sites like Comic Vine, Giant Bomb and Yogcast and since I'm a huge fantasy fan I always said to my self it would be pretty cool if there was a site like them but specifically for Fantasy so i finally decided to google it and so I found this place. It's cool here so I think I might stay  :D

My favourite book series is Malazan Books of the Fallen, it just hit that sweet spot of a combination of everything I enjoy all rolled up in to one series. I'm going to start reading the Broken Empire series soon and I also might check out this Stormlight Archive everybody seems to be talking about  :)
“There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived.”

? Anomander Rake

Offline Motley

• Seeker
  • Suspend reality whenever possible.
    • View Profile
    • M. Lori Motley
« Reply #842 on: February 17, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
Hi there. :)

I write fantasy, read fantasy, game fantasy and would probably move to some sort of fantasy land if it were possible. (Don't tell my kids.)

This looks like an awesome forum to sink into the subject with like-minded individuals and expand me "to read" list like mad.

My captcha is a dirty word.   :o
M. Lori Motley
Currently reading - Something awfully non-fantasy a friend recommended.

Offline WickedWords

« Reply #843 on: February 18, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
New to the board though I've been following the twitter feed for a while now :)

Big Gemmell and Eddings fan :)

Looking forward to joining in the forums chat
Wicked Words Quarterly - http://www.wickedwords.co.uk

Now open for submissions

Offline AJS

« Reply #844 on: February 23, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
I'm shit at introducing myself, so I'll just say Hi!

AJ Smith, fantasy author of The Long War, owner of 24 goblins (one too many).

I've been mooching around this site for a while. Very entertaining. Though, in the name of shameless self-promotion, I felt I should post something.

The Black Guard - out in August 2013
The Dark Blood - out in July (I think) 2014

@Smith23AJ - Twitter
www.goodreads.com/author/show/7149797.A_J_Smith - Goodreads

Offline Fayth

« Reply #845 on: February 28, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »
Hi I'm Fay and I'm from New Zealand.
Some of my fave fantasy authors include: Anne Bishop, Terry Brooks, Mercedes Lackey, Terry Goodkind, Lynn Flewelling and Barbara Hambly - just to name a few.

I'm excited to join the community  :)

Offline NathanTDean

« Reply #846 on: March 01, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've done a general greetings post but then I spotted this too. Lovely to see so many fantasyophiles in one place.

I'm Nathan, writer, narrative designer and general story lover in a variety of fields. And now I will be writing articles here! I can't wait to start chatting with you all some more!

Hope all is well for you all!

Nathan!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten." - Neil Gaiman

Offline MisaBuckley

« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »
Hi all, I'm Misa Buckley and I'm a fan of both fantasy and science fiction. I'm also an author, though my output has mostly been in the SF genre, with a little historical fantasy thrown in for good measure.

Offline Pastey

« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »
Hi All, I'm Pastey (real name Steve) and I'm not stalking Misa, even though we seem to keep bumping into each other   ;D

As my tagline says, I'm the Digital Lead at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (www.h2g2.com) where I seem to spend a few hours a day trying to make sure it stays up and running, as well as rebuilding it from scratch. I used to be a professional web developer from the days of dial-up until recently, but there's only so much you can put up with.

I'm always an author, spread across several genres although I mostly seem to write what I term as Surreal Fantasy, but others have called Urban Fantasy. A genre I'd never even heard of until someone reviewed Endangered Creatures.

If left to my own devices online I tend to rant too much about computers, writing and beer.
Digital Lead at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy : Author of Endangered Creatures : Prolific Drinker

Offline Pastey

« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »
That should have read "I'm also an author" but I think my barely awake mind took over and typed a more apt sentence.  :D
Digital Lead at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy : Author of Endangered Creatures : Prolific Drinker

Offline John Cowell

« Reply #850 on: March 05, 2014, 05:49:56 PM »
Hi, I'm new.
Im a lover of all things fantasy and a huge fantasy geek. I'm also a writer who's working on his first fantasy novel and who has the distinct pleasure of being one of the two? new contributors to F-F. Kind of new to the whole forum thing, so go easy on me.   :)
I am the darkness that comes before.

Offline Teeny

« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
Hi, I'm Teeny (Chrissie).

I got here through twitter. Recently my 'to-read' list has expanded to be longer than the 'read' list, so I thought rather than curb my obsession I should join a forum to talk about it even more! (everyone needs an outlet)
@Teenymcweeny

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 09, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
Welcome all of you! It's always great to have new members, no matter if readers or writers or both. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline cpasqueralle

« Reply #853 on: March 20, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »
Hi all. My name is cris pasqueralle and I am a new author of YA fantasy. My novel, Destiny Revealed, book one in a planned trilogy. I say planned because sometimes these things take on a life of their own and it could be quinology.  Thanks for letting me join.

Offline MagicDanny

« Reply #854 on: March 21, 2014, 03:44:08 PM »
"Hi, I'm new!"

Well, actually my name's Danny, pleased to meet you all. :) I follow FF on twitter and have great fun reading the articles and forums, can't wait to join in.