October 15, 2019, 02:34:34 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 257300 times)

Offline thremnir

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
Hi I'm Nick, got here from Twitter.  I'm a lifelong Fantasy & SF fan & Con-goer (Next one I'll be at is TitanCon); take my handle from the wooded cliff in The Worm Ouroboros whereat Spitfire got his come-uppance.  Currently reading Persian Dawns, Egyptian Nights by Lewis Grassic Gibbon.  Currently watching Carnivale on DVD.  Currently writing my first fantasy novel. 

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #646 on: September 06, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
Hi I'm Nick, got here from Twitter.  I'm a lifelong Fantasy & SF fan & Con-goer (Next one I'll be at is TitanCon); take my handle from the wooded cliff in The Worm Ouroboros whereat Spitfire got his come-uppance.  Currently reading Persian Dawns, Egyptian Nights by Lewis Grassic Gibbon.  Currently watching Carnivale on DVD.  Currently writing my first fantasy novel. 

Welcome Nick! We're glad you found us. :) Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Mary C. Moore

« Reply #647 on: September 15, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »
Hi! I'm new... Found this following an "authors behaving badly" thread on the Internet. Love and write fantasy so I am settling in!

Check me at www.marycmoore.com

Looking forward to interacting with fellow fantasy readers and writers!
How to Tame a Unicorn: A conversation between the world-renowned journalist and naturalist, Mr. Edgar P. Higgins and the infamous unicorn tamer, Hehewuti.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #648 on: September 16, 2012, 05:06:25 AM »
Hi Mary, welcome. Hope we can provide you with some enjoyment here.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline gregjames

« Reply #649 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:22 AM »
Evenin' all,

I'm Greg, life-long reader of fantasy as well as science fiction and horror. I've been writing and publishing horror fiction for the last eighteen months as G.R. Yeates and I'll be moving on from that to dark fantasy in the new year. I can be found on the interweb at www.gryeates.co.uk if you are so inclined. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #650 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
Evenin' all,

I'm Greg, life-long reader of fantasy as well as science fiction and horror. I've been writing and publishing horror fiction for the last eighteen months as G.R. Yeates and I'll be moving on from that to dark fantasy in the new year. I can be found on the interweb at www.gryeates.co.uk if you are so inclined. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

« Reply #651 on: September 17, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
Hi I found this forum from the fantasy faction contest announcements online when it was already closed. I've been into fantasy since I was eleven - I won an art competition for illustrating the hobbit song in the Hobbit - the picture had to contain the dragon in the sky and Bilbo and the dwarves in its lair. I read the Hobbit before submitting my entry and part of the prize was the Lord of Rings trilogy bookset - I was hooked. I've posted twice in Writer's Corner in response to the last two challenges. It was fun reading the other entries. This looks like a fantastic forum - glad I found it.  :)

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #652 on: September 18, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
Welcome, there are writing contests every month, and if the anthology is successful the plan is to publish another one and I think they'll hold another contest. Have fun!
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline Timbaroa

« Reply #653 on: September 22, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »
Hi, I am new ;D I have been lurking for a little while. I have found this site and forum very good for recommending books and authors. As a result, I am currently reading fantasy authors I never thought I would. Other than one family member, I don't know anyone else who reads fantasy or sci fi from my background. I am therefore looking forward to getting involved in discussions with knowledgeable people. On the other hand, I am a little shy and may just go back to lurking....
-------
My heart is in Timbaroa, my soul in London

Offline Lor

• Pictish Wonder
  • Master Namer
  • Queen of the Pirates
    • View Profile
    • The Marketplace of Opinions
« Reply #654 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
Welcome! Don't lurk, come and join us, and hopefully you'll have a great time here :)
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy

Offline Tsariloth

« Reply #655 on: September 25, 2012, 04:05:05 AM »
Hello, I'm Mike. My handle for this site is Tsariloth a name I made up about thirty years ago for my fantasy fiction.

I first played D&D in 1979 and I turned my first adventure into a short story "Moldy Gold" that I've posted in the works to be critiqued section for everyone's perusal.

I found this forum only in the last few weeks. I have been eager to share my stories with other writers and fans of fantasy for years, but life often gets in the way.

I live in Long Beach, Ca with my wife and kids. A free ranging white rabbit accompanies me while I read and write.

I love history, Herodotus, Xenophon, Tacitus, Homer, Caesar. Fantasy/sf authors: REH, HPL, Moorcock, LeGuin,Heinlein, Frank & Brian Herbert, Salvatore, Lustbader, Wolfe. There is so many. My bookshelves overflow!

Offline Zoe Brooks

« Reply #656 on: September 25, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »
Hello

I'm Zoe. I spend half my time in the Uk and half in a semi-derelict farmhouse in the Czech Republic, where I write my magic realism books. Not sure if you guys and gals count magic realism as fantasy, I'd be interested to know. In August I started a magic realism challenge in which I read and review one magic realism book a week. The reviews go up on my magic realism blog - htttp://www.magic-realism.net. Always interested to hear from fellow magic realism writers.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #657 on: September 25, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
Hey there Tsariloth. Hope you have a great time. The WtBC board is where I started out too. Thought I might add. :D

Nice to have you Zoe. But Magic Realism? Is that even a genre?/ sarcasm. :)
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline ljstark

« Reply #658 on: September 26, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
Hello everyone!  Based on my username here I'm ljstark!

I found you guys by doing extensive Google searches for ideas on world building and character creation for a series I'm pecking away at.  Looking forwards to picking people's brains here and there when I have a chance!
L.J. Stark
-Ironman's Stand in
-The Stark That's Always in Winterfell

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #659 on: September 26, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
Welcome ljstark! Hope you have fun here, and be sure to check out the Writers Corner section :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com