December 12, 2019, 01:24:36 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 273950 times)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »
Welcome Spiced Wine and Jasmine!  It's so cool to have people from all over the world coming to geek out here. :D  Enjoy your stay!

Offline wolfking

« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2012, 03:01:14 AM »
Hi. I am new to fantasy. Spent most of my time reading classic literature. Picked up the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie and Ive been hooked since. I also like to write. Perhaps, should the gods favor me, i'll write something worth reading.

Love the site and ill be visiting often. Hello to all.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 26, 2012, 05:17:32 AM »
Hi. I am new to fantasy. Spent most of my time reading classic literature. Picked up the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie and Ive been hooked since. I also like to write. Perhaps, should the gods favor me, i'll write something worth reading.

Love the site and ill be visiting often. Hello to all.

Welcome wolfking!  Glad you found us! :)

Offline Louise

• Ambient Mage
  • Adventure Time Appreciator
    • View Profile
    • LouiseMaryJames
« Reply #453 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
For the last few months, I've been a ghost to the site and left only an occasional fingerprint. I am now at last materialising to say hello. :D

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 26, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
For the last few months, I've been a ghost to the site and left only an occasional fingerprint. I am now at last materialising to say hello. :D

Well I'm glad you're a good ghost and not a bad ghost.  Welcome (officially) to the site! :)

Offline Johnmc

• Shadow Op
  • I am slow, and usually think I am better than I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 01, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
Just heard about you, thought I'd join (yes, I'm joining rather than auditing for a while because I'm egocentric and have to talk).

I've been reading fantasy and SF for a while now--um, four decades?--so I am slightly out of touch with the newer stuff but might be able to help on the older stuff.

Have a sick wife (just diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so we're absorbing what that will mean) and two teen/preteen kids, so things keep me hopping. Hope to participate more but sometimes I'm really lax about replying to things--like, a month. I'll try not to let that happen.

Like roleplaying and writing too, so that's lovely. I'll be on those boards. Had a brain tumour removed about six years ago, so I'm trying to get my writing back to the pre-tumour level. Roleplaying I prefer as superhero roleplaying and I'm currently infatuated with ICONS, but I have a range to talk about, and I'll listen about many of them.

Hope to meet folks and talk and exchange ideas.
Terrible victim of Dunning-Kruger.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 01, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
Just heard about you, thought I'd join (yes, I'm joining rather than auditing for a while because I'm egocentric and have to talk).

I've been reading fantasy and SF for a while now--um, four decades?--so I am slightly out of touch with the newer stuff but might be able to help on the older stuff.

Have a sick wife (just diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so we're absorbing what that will mean) and two teen/preteen kids, so things keep me hopping. Hope to participate more but sometimes I'm really lax about replying to things--like, a month. I'll try not to let that happen.

Like roleplaying and writing too, so that's lovely. I'll be on those boards. Had a brain tumour removed about six years ago, so I'm trying to get my writing back to the pre-tumour level. Roleplaying I prefer as superhero roleplaying and I'm currently infatuated with ICONS, but I have a range to talk about, and I'll listen about many of them.

Hope to meet folks and talk and exchange ideas.

Welcome John!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Johnmc

• Shadow Op
  • I am slow, and usually think I am better than I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 02, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »
Welcome John!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Thanks!
Terrible victim of Dunning-Kruger.

Offline contrariwise

• Tribute
  • I want to make my ideas into actual stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Runebug
« Reply #458 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
Hello! I'm contrariwise, chronic daydreaming addict. I make up worlds in my head. Reality is broken, which has forced me to develop a new and improved version complete with castles made of glass, garden labyrinths that lead to alternate dimensions, rustling leaves that whisper secrets, wishes stored in snow globes, clockwork machines powered by dreams, cobblestone roads into space, and all the other basic necessities that any self-respecting reality should have.

I'm hoping to find people who consider this normal.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
Hello! I'm contrariwise, chronic daydreaming addict. I make up worlds in my head. Reality is broken, which has forced me to develop a new and improved version complete with castles made of glass, garden labyrinths that lead to alternate dimensions, rustling leaves that whisper secrets, wishes stored in snow globes, clockwork machines powered by dreams, cobblestone roads into space, and all the other basic necessities that any self-respecting reality should have.

I'm hoping to find people who consider this normal.

Welcome contrariwise!  I think we can do that, as long as you consider us normal as well. ;)  Also, I love your name. :)

Offline contrariwise

• Tribute
  • I want to make my ideas into actual stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Runebug
« Reply #460 on: February 04, 2012, 12:28:13 AM »
Why thank you! I find your name charming as well.

Offline DHRowan

« Reply #461 on: February 08, 2012, 12:43:06 AM »
Hi, I'm new!

Gah, I hate introductions. Okay. Mom of four, voracious reader, less-voracious writer. 

I'm here by way of...Google! Something popped up while I was researching feminism and the epic fantasy genre; a pet-project that is threatening to take over my life. I saw the forums, peeked in and...stayed.

Dayna

Offline AshKB

« Reply #462 on: February 08, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »
Hail and greetings from the future! (also known as Upside-Down Land, also known as Australia).

I'm Ash - long-time speculative fiction reader, been writing fanfic (mostly for speculative fandoms) since I was 15, (and RPing about the same length, both original and fandom) and recently I've been seriously dabbling in some original 'verses of mine (King Arthur as a gangster in a post-apocalyptic/post-Roman-with-guns Britain; steampunk Cinderella; lately it's been elves and dwarves and empires and alternate worlds) but I also have the attention span and the ooh-shiny reaction of a hyperactive magpie, so I flit around a lot. Need to buckle down and turn some ideas into actual short stories, if not novels or novellas - and I'm hoping the regular writing contests here will help!

And also, it'll be nice geeking out about writing and fantasy with fellow enthusiasts :) I'm pretty sure I was linked to an article via Twitter, and I've been lurking ever since, so I decided to join in.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be lighted - Plutarch

I not only use all the brains I have, but all that I can borrow - Woodrow Wilson

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 08, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »
Welcome to the forums DHRowan and AshKB! Nice to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Offline EmilySian

« Reply #464 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
Hi :)

I got here through twitter. Amazing site! Ive just spent an hour prcrastinating on here, avoiding writing an english essay for my degree. aha.
  Im setting up my own small fantasy blog for a project for a digital publishing module, TheFantasyNook, so this site is very inspiring! I think I will be spending many more hours browsing around. Oh dear i've found my newest distraction from work.

EmilySian