October 20, 2019, 07:42:15 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 258709 times)

Offline The Oncoming Storm

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
Hello all!

I'm Jaz (code name: The Oncoming Storm for any whovians out there), I've followed Fantasy Faction on Twitter for a while now (I'm @JazCrumpet) and thought I should join in with the merriment on the forums and to have a good [virtual] chinwag about anything fantasy/fiction/sci-fi related. So hello again  :)
I scribble things here: http://jazland.tumblr.com/

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
Hi, I'm Lily!

I love fantasy, especially unknown authors' stuff. I love the writing competitions you host here - it's absolutely awesome! Keep up the good work!

Welcome Lily!  I'm glad you like our writing challenges! :)  If you like unknown authors you should have a look at our Small Press & Self-Published section.  Lots of up and coming authors to look through! :)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
Hello all!

I'm Jaz (code name: The Oncoming Storm for any whovians out there), I've followed Fantasy Faction on Twitter for a while now (I'm @JazCrumpet) and thought I should join in with the merriment on the forums and to have a good [virtual] chinwag about anything fantasy/fiction/sci-fi related. So hello again  :)

Welcome Jaz!  Great to have another Twitter follower here! :)  @FantasyFaction = Overlord in the forums.  Say hi if you see him lurking about. ;)

Offline KingOtto

« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »
I guess i should say hello in the proper area...so hello. I like taco's. <ninja vanish>

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
I guess i should say hello in the proper area...so hello. I like taco's. <ninja vanish>

Sigh. :)  Hi Vinny!  Welcome to the forums. ;)

You should check out the Video Games/Movies & Table Top Games sections.  I think there's even a WoW thread. ;)

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/table-top-rpg-games/
http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/fantasy-movies-video-games/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:37:31 PM by Autumn2May »

Offline Elijah

« Reply #320 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
Hello!

I'm Mark (or Elijah - pen-name for when/if I get published). I'm an aspirant writer, and avid reader of fantasy: the first book I read (of my own volition) was David Eddings' 'The Diamond Throne', and I've been hooked on the genre since. I noticed that there's a writing challenge, which I full intend to take part in. It sounds like a great idea!

See you around

Mark (or Elijah) ;)
"Simply put, Dragonbone is merely a fractional crystalised form of the crystalliferous mineral known as Dragonbane. Then, the magmatic Dragonbane, called Dragonblood because of it's red colour, is put through the smelting process and ... What do you mean you don't understand?"

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
Hello!

I'm Mark (or Elijah - pen-name for when/if I get published). I'm an aspirant writer, and avid reader of fantasy: the first book I read (of my own volition) was David Eddings' 'The Diamond Throne', and I've been hooked on the genre since. I noticed that there's a writing challenge, which I full intend to take part in. It sounds like a great idea!

See you around

Mark (or Elijah) ;)

Welcome Mark (or Elijah)! ;)  Can't wait to see your entry for the contest!  We love having new writers join the forums! :)

Offline Nyki Blatchley

« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
I've done this back-to-front, as I've already made several posts, but here goes with the official introduction.

I'm Nyki Blatchley.  I write mainly epic fantasy, verging into S&S, but I've been known to wander into everything from comedy to horror to surrealism.  My novel At An Uncertain Hour was published by StoneGarden, and I've had novellas/novellettes/however you define them published by Darwin's Evolutions and Crystal Codices.  I've also had about 40 shorts published in magazines, webzines and anthologies.  The first was in The Thirteenth Fontana Book of Great Horror Stories, where I was immediately followed by some guy called Lovecraft, and the most recent was in OG's Speculative Fiction.

What else?  GSOH, seeking single elf princess... oh no, wrong forum.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 08, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »
I've done this back-to-front, as I've already made several posts, but here goes with the official introduction.

I'm Nyki Blatchley.  I write mainly epic fantasy, verging into S&S, but I've been known to wander into everything from comedy to horror to surrealism.  My novel At An Uncertain Hour was published by StoneGarden, and I've had novellas/novellettes/however you define them published by Darwin's Evolutions and Crystal Codices.  I've also had about 40 shorts published in magazines, webzines and anthologies.  The first was in The Thirteenth Fontana Book of Great Horror Stories, where I was immediately followed by some guy called Lovecraft, and the most recent was in OG's Speculative Fiction.

What else?  GSOH, seeking single elf princess... oh no, wrong forum.

Welcome Nyki! :D  Glad you found us!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Offline Nyki Blatchley

« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »
Thanks, I'm sure I will.

Offline Libertine

« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »
Hi Nyki,

Finally you're here! Enjoy  :D

Sandra
Libertine - Chapters One & Two available now on http://www.sandranorval.co.uk/2.html
Follow Libertine on twitter on @enterthetwixt or me on @sandranorval
Get Writing 2012 - Book now : http://www.vwc.org.uk/getwriting2012.php

Offline Nyki Blatchley

« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Will do  8)

Offline silverback

« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
Hi I'm Paul and was pointed toward the site by meeting Sandra in a Pub in St Albans (UK)  a few weeks ago...

Am a novice writer and have been reading Fantasy and Sci Fi since I was a kid. Brought up on C.S Lewis and Tolkien before moving on to Eddings and lately to the big daddy George RR Martin (wish he would crack on and get that thing finished!!).

On the Sci-Fi front started with Asimov and E.E Doc Smith (does that age me?) but these days enjoying Ian M Banks, Richard Morgan, China Mieveille and Peter F. Hamilton.

Looking forward to being part of your community.

Cheers  :) 

Offline Nyki Blatchley

« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
Welcome from another newbie here.

Offline Libertine

« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2011, 11:46:49 PM »
Hi Paul, good to see you on here, hope you enjoy the site. Don't forget to check out the articles and writers corner, lots to explore  :D
Libertine - Chapters One & Two available now on http://www.sandranorval.co.uk/2.html
Follow Libertine on twitter on @enterthetwixt or me on @sandranorval
Get Writing 2012 - Book now : http://www.vwc.org.uk/getwriting2012.php