October 18, 2019, 10:10:24 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 258518 times)

Offline isos81

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #1395 on: July 11, 2019, 08:34:36 PM »
Welcome @AGleemansTales Lots of WoT fans in here. Mat is my personal favorite.

Interestingly, Perrin was my favorite until book 5 or 6 and I really disliked Mat meanwhile. Then, I don't remember why and how but Mat was my favorite and I really disliked Perrin later on.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Bender

« Reply #1396 on: July 11, 2019, 10:39:06 PM »
Mat comes into own only after he gets the medallion but just becomes a star after Tuon enters the story. Mat vs Tuon segments are some of my absolute favorites all series.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline isos81

« Reply #1397 on: July 12, 2019, 07:12:52 AM »
Mat comes into own only after he gets the medallion but just becomes a star after Tuon enters the story. Mat vs Tuon segments are some of my absolute favorites all series.

Yes, he was like a star afterwards :) But I'm not sure why I started to dislike Perrin. It might be after Faile joined the story.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline Eli Steele

« Reply #1398 on: September 04, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
Hi!

I'm Eli, fan of GRRM, JRRT, people with 4 initials in general, Abercrombie, Erikson - all things fantasy. 
I'm also a fantasy writer myself. 
Nice to meet you!

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »
Hi and welcome!
Feel free to post anywhere, and if you're a writer, you can try entering our monthly contest :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1400 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
Welcome @Eli Steele! Always glad to see new folks. I think you’ll find us a very friendly and troll-free place.

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Eli Steele

« Reply #1401 on: September 05, 2019, 02:15:11 AM »
Trolls aren’t so bad, unless you need to get across that bridge...

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1402 on: September 05, 2019, 06:43:00 AM »
Welcome, Eli!

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline isos81

« Reply #1403 on: September 05, 2019, 07:46:19 AM »
Welcome Eli!

« Reply #1404 on: September 23, 2019, 08:37:55 PM »
Hello. I'm Michael. My fantasy novel Smoke & Mirrors is a six-hundred-page monster. The Black Rose Writing publisher wanted something smaller, so it was decided to split the book into smaller books to be published. Acts one and two are already published, but I hope to get the full manuscript published someday. Right now I'm trying to build a platform, and Fantasy Faction came in high regard.

They say a successful tactic is to post on others' blogs. Towards that end, I'd like to contribute posts to this blog. But I'm a little lost on how to start. Anyone care to help a newbie out?

Offline isos81

« Reply #1405 on: September 24, 2019, 06:26:23 AM »
Hello. I'm Michael. My fantasy novel Smoke & Mirrors is a six-hundred-page monster. The Black Rose Writing publisher wanted something smaller, so it was decided to split the book into smaller books to be published. Acts one and two are already published, but I hope to get the full manuscript published someday. Right now I'm trying to build a platform, and Fantasy Faction came in high regard.

They say a successful tactic is to post on others' blogs. Towards that end, I'd like to contribute posts to this blog. But I'm a little lost on how to start. Anyone care to help a newbie out?

Welcome Michael! Just keep posting on everything you like. Search before you create a new post. Necromancing old threads is no problem :)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 24, 2019, 07:53:12 AM »
Hi Michael, welcome.

If you think this is a blog, you might want to think again ;D

Check what we're talking about and enter the conversations, and like isos said, if there's any particular topic you'd like to discuss, search for it, it might already exist (or feel free to create a new one).

Who are your favourite writers?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline The Sword in the Tome

« Reply #1407 on: October 07, 2019, 12:26:04 AM »
Hello forum.  I'm David.  It's nice to be among other fantasy fiction lovers.  :)  In case you're wondering, I wanted my username to match my (brand new) YouTube channel name.  So that's why it's a mouthful.  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's reading, as well as getting some sweet book/series recommendations.
My YouTube fantasy book review channel: The Sword in the Tome

Offline isos81

« Reply #1408 on: October 07, 2019, 09:54:25 AM »
Hello forum.  I'm David.  It's nice to be among other fantasy fiction lovers.  :)  In case you're wondering, I wanted my username to match my (brand new) YouTube channel name.  So that's why it's a mouthful.  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's reading, as well as getting some sweet book/series recommendations.

Welcome :)

Offline Bender

« Reply #1409 on: October 07, 2019, 10:18:36 PM »
Welcome @MichaelWolff1982 @The Sword in the Tome

Enjoy your time here.
Not all those who wander are lost