December 06, 2019, 03:20:24 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 271031 times)

Offline Sam Browning

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »
Hi,
My names Sam and I'm an alcoholic... Sorry wrong thread, wow now this is just awkward, as you may have guessed i enjoy reading  whenever I get the time  :P i also enjoy playing on the xbox with my friends and watching films. I am Welsh and my twitter account is TCCRedemption. I've had a go at writing myself a few times and enjoyed it but was never able to keep going but it came in handy for my A-Levels last year as i wrote a fantasy viking screenplay introduction which obtained the highest marks in my year group  ::), My favourite books are the Peter V. Brett books, and Robert Low's Oathsworn series.

Feel free to ask me if you wanna know more and I'm only 18 so forgive me if i have stupid moments :P

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »
Hi,
My names Sam and I'm an alcoholic... Sorry wrong thread, wow now this is just awkward, as you may have guessed i enjoy reading  whenever I get the time  :P i also enjoy playing on the xbox with my friends and watching films. I am Welsh and my twitter account is TCCRedemption. I've had a go at writing myself a few times and enjoyed it but was never able to keep going but it came in handy for my A-Levels last year as i wrote a fantasy viking screenplay introduction which obtained the highest marks in my year group  ::), My favourite books are the Peter V. Brett books, and Robert Low's Oathsworn series.

Feel free to ask me if you wanna know more and I'm only 18 so forgive me if i have stupid moments :P

Hi and welcome! :) I tried looking you up on Twitter but I couldn't find you.  Can you post a link?

Offline Sam Browning

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
no problem I very rarely make posts on twitter but do follow fantasy faction, and i have already had a silly moment its TCC_Redemption http://twitter.com/#!/TCC_Redemption

Offline KomalJV

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Komal, I've finished writing a novel and want to get it published here in the UK.

Look forward to participating to this forum.

Much love
Only in our darkest places, we find our brightest light

strangerbabble

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
Hi all,
Delighted to have stumbled across your site details whilst dipping my toe into the turbulent waters of Twitter for the first time!
(My twitter name is strangerbabble)

Voracious reader of fantasy fiction for the past 22 years, I look forward to sharing ideas/opinions/recommendations soon!

SB x

Offline waltw

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
Hello,
My name is Walt and I stumbled onto this site from a Twitter reference. I read for pleasure and stick mostly to the Fantasy genre (Just can't get enough of it), so I thought I would check it out and join the forum. Of all the titles I've read over the past couple of years, I think my favorite author is Robin Hobb (Have yet to read the Solider Son trilogy), very closely followed by Joe Abercrombie (Working on The Heros right now).
Walt
Blog: Walt In PA

Offline TsarevichRaven

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
So, my name is Leo, and like a few others, I stumbled here from Twitter, on the off-chance it would be a cool place. Turns out, it is, so all's well. : )

I've been into fantasy for years, both writing and reading, but academic responsibilities have hindered the amount of time I've been able to dedicate to my work (University, BA and MA), and it's only recently that my work has taken centre stage and has become my first responsibility, as it were. Furthermore, I'm here because I wanted to start forging more of an online identity within the circles I want to move, and joining a forum, contributing, and writing a blog seemed like decent steps in the right direction. I'm a pretty nervous guy, and so probably will lurk a great deal at first, but, slowly and surely, I will deactivate "turtle" mode. ; )
"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw ... where those of wit and learning will always find their kind."
-------------
Leo Cristea
Twitter
Website | Jet Black Ink

Offline OneChapterMore

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
Hello to all the new peopl! Welcome aboard the slightly rickety ship, and I hope you enjoy your stay and post a lot. May I suggest also that this be stickied at the top?
Blog: Onechaptermore
@onechaptermore

I ramble with Lor and The Idlewilder at Rambling Through Genre

"I have within me all the dreams of the world"
- Fernando Pessoa

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
Hello to all the new peopl! Welcome aboard the slightly rickety ship, and I hope you enjoy your stay and post a lot. May I suggest also that this be stickied at the top?

Second the sticky idea! :)  And the ship might be rickety, but at least it doesn't leak. ;)

Offline missoularedhead

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »
*wave to all the new folks*
"Well behaved women rarely make history" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »
Hi found this through Twitter too - seems a really nice forum, quite active and people here intelligent and pleasant.  Also not too nerdy!  I tried another fantasy forum once, and it came across as way too nerdy, and also the users seemed unable to distinguish the wheat from the chaff in terms of fantasy, but simply read anything with a guy wielding a sword on the cover or a dragon on. 

And no mental users in love with fighting all the time - I am up for heated debates - as long as it doesn't get personal with accusations of being a nazi or living in your mum's basement!  In the past I've joined a couple of forums for bands I liked but got annoyed by over aggressive users that will argue over anything going.  Sorry but a forum should be a fun distraction for say 30mins a day, not somethign you are logging onto every ten mins to retaliate to the latest aggressive post aimed at you.  Life's too short!

As for me,

I am called Dominic - just call me Dom.  Twitter is @dk_stevens

I am an EFL teacher in Indonesia, but want to move back to my home country, the UK, to teach Primary School. I am 28.  And I love Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson, Robin Hobb,  George Rex Rufus Martin and for Sci Fi Ian M Banks. 

I do also like contemporary fiction from the likes of David Mitchell, Iain Banks, Ishiguro etc
The Real Powers That Be

wisefrog

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
Not sure what to put here but ya im new. I have one book self published at the moment and a music CD. I live in N/W OH and hate it in ohio.........

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »
Hi found this through Twitter too - seems a really nice forum, quite active and people here intelligent and pleasant.  Also not too nerdy!  I tried another fantasy forum once, and it came across as way too nerdy, and also the users seemed unable to distinguish the wheat from the chaff in terms of fantasy, but simply read anything with a guy wielding a sword on the cover or a dragon on. 

And no mental users in love with fighting all the time - I am up for heated debates - as long as it doesn't get personal with accusations of being a nazi or living in your mum's basement!  In the past I've joined a couple of forums for bands I liked but got annoyed by over aggressive users that will argue over anything going.  Sorry but a forum should be a fun distraction for say 30mins a day, not somethign you are logging onto every ten mins to retaliate to the latest aggressive post aimed at you.  Life's too short!

As for me,

I am called Dominic - just call me Dom.  Twitter is @dk_stevens

I am an EFL teacher in Indonesia, but want to move back to my home country, the UK, to teach Primary School. I am 28.  And I love Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson, Robin Hobb,  George Rex Rufus Martin and for Sci Fi Ian M Banks. 

I do also like contemporary fiction from the likes of David Mitchell, Iain Banks, Ishiguro etc

Hey!  We are very nerdy here. :P  We are just good nerdy, not bad nerdy. ;)

Offline Gandledore

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
Oops, missed this, sorry. A bit late, but, hello to all, let's hope we laugh over our differences about comedy books, gasp with shock about the horror genre, and what can we do about Fantasy? I know - Cross Swords! Going now ...

Offline Gothic Panda

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
Hi, I found this forum through Autumn2May on Twitter/Etsy. I don't write as much as I used to, but I still tell stories; they're more in a comic format now as opposed to prose. I found I'm much better at expressing myself that way. My husband writes a mix of fiction and nonfiction. We recently finished writing (well he wrote, I managed art) an anime-themed supplement to 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons. I love reading as well. Fantasy has been my favorite genre for as long as I can remember.