July 12, 2020, 05:10:37 PM

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Ajdin D

Introduction
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
Greetings!

My name is Ajdin and i am from Bosnia Hercegovina. An ordinary guy who after years of reading and listening to audiobooks wanted to start writing something himself, so i did. Waiting on cover to finish and i will put up my first e-book on Amazon. It is high fantasy with demons, monsters, magic, knights in the middle ages and so on. What distinguishes itself mainly from other fantasy books are the characters. I hate good endings and total goody boy main characters who have a moral so high it can reach the moon. I stumbled across this site a while back, but never had the time really to do anything as i am a father to a 2 year old and i work 12h work shifts every day, 7 days a week. Somehow i manage to squeeze in some writing.

Regarding my first book, i went with it to a different ending than i had imagined i would at start. Instead of writing a super epic long book i intended to do, i shortened it to 92k words and made it more or less like a big 'prologue' with the first part of the story being very action rich and taking the reader through a fast period of turbulence in the main character's life where he fights his inner demon and the loss of his own soul, and life.

The second book is already under way, having already written 20k words and i am just starting haha

I hope to have a good stay here, meet some new people and find a following for the world i am creating mostly for myself and of course, for the readers out there.

Regards!

PS: Any tips from veterans here on how to get a better following for the blog i created to promote my book?

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:26 AM »
Hey and welcome to FF
I already find it to be a feat writing and editing an entire book in between all that, wow ^^

There are some sections about publishing and promoting your book (nowhere near that myself :3) so those might be useful to check out.

Enjoy your stay!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
I will second Henry's "wow". To work so much, have a young child and still write... wow.
I hope you find useful information here at F-F, as well as a friendly community.

Since you're deep into writing your second book, you may not have time for or interest in our monthly writing contest, but we always love having more folks submitting stories.

Welcome!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Ajdin D

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »
I will check it out for sure! *wink

PS: in which category would it be appropriate to put a link to my blog/inked account?

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:48:19 AM »
Hi, welcome! :)

We've got a pinned thread called "Got a blog? Share it" in the General Discussions section - here's the link:
http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/general-discussion/got-a-blog-share-it!/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:16:49 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!