May 30, 2020, 10:01:33 AM

Author Topic: How did you Choose your Nickname?  (Read 56241 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: How did you Choose your Nickname?
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »
I named myself after the famous anthropologist in @Lanko 's short stories, but then switched it to Duckly Barewood since @xiagan is basically a shaman and determined that my spirit animal is Darkwing Duck while smoking peyote in a tent and moderating the forum from his phone
Not Duckly Breadgood? Anyway, since peyote doesn't grow where I live, I have to make do with sleep deprivation. The hallucinations may not as good, though...
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2019, 08:16:25 AM »
Mine was from a video game... it is the first time I ever used it though. My nickname everywhere else is 'Reala', which was the name of a character from a video game... hmm... not very creative. lol.

Overlord is a good name for a Mod  ;D
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2020, 02:51:29 AM »
S. and K. are abbreviations from my first and last names, and Inkslinger is just pretty much a random word I'd found while browing online dictionaries that really caught my attention, hahah.

ink slinger
n. a professional writer; a newspaper reporter. The ink slingers have been at the candidates again.