October 21, 2019, 11:55:33 PM

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Bridgeburner_Ash

Hi All
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:00:42 AM »
Hi All,

My name is Martyn
New to this forum and just thought I'd say a quick hello.
I've been a huge fan of fiction (mostly Fantasy) for as long as I can remember and thought it's about time to get more involved in discussions and delve into a good community of like minded people.
Look forward into talking to you all more

Martyn
Huge fan of Fantasy and other Fiction Genres, mostly down to my mother who got me involved in Fantasy from an early age
I also have a Bearded Dragon called Draco, 3 Leopard Geckos called Mojo, Ziva & Fiddler and last but not least is my very cheeky Quaker Parrot Loki

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
Hi Martyn, welcome :)
You found the best place, for fantasy discussions (and others, hehe)

Feel free to read threads, post your opinions, resurrect old threads that talk about books you liked, and vote in the monthly writing contest!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
Welcome to FF. It's where we talk about goats and stuff...and sometimes fantasy.
So which are your favourite books?

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »

Goats? Who mentioned goats?
No goats here. Nothing to see. Move along.
http://youtu.be/TAj4LkVsz6w
Oh, this is supposed to be about welcoming a new member. Damn, got carried away again  :-[

Welcome, Martyn!
Glad you found us.
We're all goats Fantasy all the time, so you've come to the right place.  ;D
Hope you enjoy it.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Bridgeburner_Ash

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
Thanks for welcome, i can't wait to get into some deep discussions with you all.

So far Henry, my favourite series has been the Malazan Book of the Fallen, it's such an epic series with so much story and detail that I was really sad when I finished book 10, although starting the Malazan Empire series was nice getting back into that world
Huge fan of Fantasy and other Fiction Genres, mostly down to my mother who got me involved in Fantasy from an early age
I also have a Bearded Dragon called Draco, 3 Leopard Geckos called Mojo, Ziva & Fiddler and last but not least is my very cheeky Quaker Parrot Loki

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:31 AM »
Hello and welcome Martyn and Bridgeburner_Ash good to have you join the forum, its a gréat place to be. Bit overun with goats at the moment, but make snacks for my dragons.  ;)
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »
Hello and welcome Martyn and Bridgeburner_Ash good to have you join the forum, its a gréat place to be. Bit overun with goats at the moment, but make snacks for my dragons.  ;)

Like this:

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »

Like this:

Now come on! It's not fair to pick that point in the story. You need to show the part where the valiant goat has slain the dragon! That's the good part. Anyone looking at this would think the dragon wins!

(Damn. Another story I have to write.)

But, really, that's frickin awesome and funny, Henry. Massive kudos.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »

Like this:

Now come on! It's not fair to pick that point in the story. You need to show the part where the valiant goat has slain the dragon! That's the good part. Anyone looking at this would think the dragon wins!

Henry that's glorious,  I owe you -one day  if I ever have money I'll send you some  ;D meanwhile blessings and may dragons guard your sleep .

Jmacyk - in your dreams  ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »

Like this:

Henry that's glorious,  I owe you -one day  if I ever have money I'll send you some  ;D meanwhile blessings and may dragons guard your sleep .

Jmacyk - in your dreams  ;D
If I keep quoting I can get more dragons on this forum than goats  - but it's getting late down here and I'll have to go off line soon so I'll spare you all for today.

Apologies to Martyn and Bridgeburner Ash but you've had a roaring good welcome.

Offline Bridgeburner_Ash

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, any welcome that involves Dragons, the greatest beings in any and all existences, is very much appreciated

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, any welcome that involves Dragons, the greatest beings in any and all existences, is very much appreciated

Remember that, from this day forward, you have chosen your faction. The Lord of Goats will be displeased.

I'm late for the welcoming party, but you already had a nice taste of the craziness around here  ;) Stick around, and you will find all this talk of goats and dragons extremely alluring.
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 03:20:01 PM »

Yes yes. Come to the dark side. We can kill the heathens together!

Ahem, welcome. Glad you're enjoying your visit, and hope we can turn the crazy permanent! Glad to have you man!
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
What would happen if a dragon and a goat got biblical,if you catch my drift?
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »
What would happen if a dragon and a goat got biblical,if you catch my drift?
Easy enough.
You get a chimera.