December 19, 2018, 09:55:08 AM

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Opachii

Hello everyone!
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
     Hi, my name is Justin O'Neal. Unlike most people who enjoy writing, I can't stand reading. I hope that changes here in these forums soon so I can become a better writer. I currently write for a blog called Lorekeepers Inn which has another author who actually told me about Fantasy-faction.
     I'm not use to forums or threads or anything like that so this will be a whole new experience to me. I don't normally post on anything but Lorekeeper's Inn so I may not be very active.
     Things I rather enjoy doing aside from writing would be drawing, gardening, collecting Pokemon cards, playing the piano, and or golfing. I am fairly young so when it comes to my stories they may lack experience. I really enjoy what the forum is here for and I'm glad for being about to join ;D.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Hello Justin! Glad of you to join us.

Don't mind not reading. That stuff's for the birds. Amiright? Eh?

Now that my comedy act's out of the way ( :P), I think you'll enjoy our wacky company round these parts. If you're looking for a good book to pick up or a recommendation, the Fantasy Books Board might be your place, or if you want to get more experience at that writing thing, we have a Monthly Writing Contest open for submissions. This month's theme is Rogues, so go try your hand.

I think you'll like it here, and from one youngster to the next, enjoy that time while it lasts! Cheers!
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Opachii

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »
Thanks, I will probably wait until next month for the contest, not sure I have a whole lot of time for this one though it is short enough for me to wing it :P. I was reading into the contests and it's something I have been looking for. I enjoy being told what to write about when I get writers block it really helps. I will also have to look at the Fantasy book board. Thanks for the tips :)

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
Thanks, I will probably wait until next month for the contest, not sure I have a whole lot of time for this one though it is short enough for me to wing it :P. I was reading into the contests and it's something I have been looking for. I enjoy being told what to write about when I get writers block it really helps. I will also have to look at the Fantasy book board. Thanks for the tips :)
I totally love being told what topic to write on. Really works for me. And welcome!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »
I totally love being told what topic to write on. Really works for me. And welcome!

Write about an orc war-leader  who secretly loves reading Jane Austen novels with a cup of tea, while trying to unite the Orcs to conquer the world
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:07:18 PM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »
Write about an orc war-leader  who secretly loves reading Jane Austin novels with a cup of tea, while trying to unite the Orcs to conquer the world
Let me know when it's released.

Welcome btw  ;)

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »

Write about an orc war-leader  who secretly loves reading Jane Austen novels with a cup of tea, while trying to unite the Orcs to conquer the world
Titled: Persuasion: A Sharp-edged Comedy of Manners
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:34:25 PM »
Write about an orc war-leader  who secretly loves reading Jane Austin novels with a cup of tea, while trying to unite the Orcs to conquer the world
Let me know when it's released.

Released? I want to read the proof copy ;D

Welcome Opachii, I hope you have a good time here - although I have to admit I don't really understand you, I think if I didn't read I'd be dead (no, not dramatic at all, me ;D but close!)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Opachii

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 07:28:12 PM »
I'm glad you are all excited about that story >.<. Thank you all the for the warm welcoming though!

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Your wishes are my command. One goblin with Jane Austen - story starter, over in the Work to Be Critiqued thread.
Payment will be accepted in spam.  ;D ;)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Opachii

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
 :P