July 12, 2020, 05:33:49 PM

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline alexsbradshaw

Hello everyone!
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:43:09 AM »
Hello everyone!

Having been a bit of a lurker and enjoyed the Fantasy Faction blog for a while now I finally took the plunge and joined up on the forums!

I’m so pleased to start to meet and get to know everyone, especially as there’s so much going on!

A little bit about me:

I work in publishing in London and I’m also trying to jerk a writing career off the ground as well. Obviously a huge fantasy fan with an ever growing To Be Read list that seems to grow three times faster than I can read the books on it!

In case anyone might want to I’m over on twitter at @alexsbradshaw and the same username (alexsbradshaw) on reddit as well.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and join in the fun and forum games! :)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:51:37 AM »
Welcome Alex!
We love lurkers joining in - lurkers always make me wonder what they are hiding ;)

I'll let you lose on the forums, as you know what it's about: serious and crazy, about writing and reading and anything in between (and anything else not related hehe)

Also, don't be afraid to post in old threads: I've been here 2 years and I'm still discovering things hehe (and bringing old threads to the fore after finally reading the books!)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »
Hey, welcome to the front stage, mr. lurker  :)
You don't need much of an introduction to the forum so a hearty welcome should be enough.
Enjoy your stay!

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:48:49 AM »
Welcome, Alex!

There's always room for more around here, glad you decided to grab a chair and sit at the table with the rest of us  :)
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline alexsbradshaw

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »
Welcome Alex!
We love lurkers joining in - lurkers always make me wonder what they are hiding ;)

I'll let you lose on the forums, as you know what it's about: serious and crazy, about writing and reading and anything in between (and anything else not related hehe)

Also, don't be afraid to post in old threads: I've been here 2 years and I'm still discovering things hehe (and bringing old threads to the fore after finally reading the books!)

Thanks! :) I don't think I'm hiding anything just a bit shy over internet forums :) (or at least that's what I want you to think!)

And good to know about the old threads too! I sometimes quite enjoy reading through old threads and it'd be good to do it for old book discussions and see what other people think!

Hey, welcome to the front stage, mr. lurker  :)
You don't need much of an introduction to the forum so a hearty welcome should be enough.
Enjoy your stay!

Thank you! I'm already looking forward to it! :)

Welcome, Alex!

There's always room for more around here, glad you decided to grab a chair and sit at the table with the rest of us  :)

Thanks Saraband! I'm looking forward to being at the table and being part of the discussions :D