September 29, 2020, 08:40:15 PM

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Iramesoj

Hello
« on: December 14, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »
Hi!

I'm a spanish fantasy writer. Not a profesional, only a newbie. I like to share my passion with other mates, so I decided to try here even it's in english. Best regards

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:51:26 PM »
Hello

Welcome to the forum, what part of Spain are you from I’ve visited  Barcelona,Madrid, Seville,Córdoba and Granada I loved  The Alhambra just such a relaxing place and Madrid has a lovely Retiro with the rose Gardens. Every Spanish person I met were very Friendly to this British tourist.

What sort of stories do you write Steampunk or Epic or Urban fantasy?

How did you find the forum?

Do you like Sanderson?

Sorry for all the questions!
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Iramesoj

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Hello Eclipse.

I'm from Madrid.

I try to write epic fantasy light novels. I prefer to write young stories more than adult stories. I like authors like Martin and Abercrombie but personally I prefer to write in a less adult way.

I found the forum searching in Google "fantasy literature forum".

I haven't read Sanderson yet.

Nice to meet you

Offline eclipse

• Dragonrider
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »
Madrid’s a lovely city !

Abercrombie is great I love his story with his humour, gone off Martin he takes too long to release the next book in the series and I’ve forgotten what I’ve read before 😁.

I hope you have lots of fun reading the topics there’s a monthly writing contest here if you interested.

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Offline isos81

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »
Hola! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask anything you are curious about. Do not forget to search for topics. You can resurrect old topics, too. We already have a club for threadmancers ;D

There are also writing contests. You can join them, too :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Iramesoj

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
Thanks isos81. I won’t participate in contests yet because it’s hard for me to do it well even in my first language so imagine if I write in english!

I’ll fell free to resurrect old post. I feel really happy to have that chance (resurrect old posts is forbidden in some forums and I don’t understand it).

See you here! ;D

Offline Bender

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 12:13:59 AM »
I try to write epic fantasy light novels.

Hola, welcome!

Light epic fantasy actually sounds like a paradox or oxymoron.  ;D

Glad to have you here.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »
Is your name Jose Mari? ;D
Bienvenido!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Iramesoj

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
Thanks for your wellcome comments.

No, my name is not Jose Mari. Are you a spaniard, ScatletBea? You know at least a bit of spanish, noticed about the joke of my nickname and Beatriz is a common name in my country.

Bender, I may not having explained correctly when I said light epic fantasy. I tried to explain my stories hasn't that dark athmosphere we can feel in Song of ice and fire. I don't write about explicit sex or things like that. My stories, in general term are like a medieval fantasy RPG game like Golden Sun. Have you played it? That game has a medieval ambientation in a fantasy world. Playable characters must travel around their world and fight against a lot of fantastical creatures (ghosts, demons, wizards, monsters), can use a bunch of armors, helmets and medieval weapons (swords, axes, mazes, etc), but the athmosphere of the game is naïve: colorful scenarios, nice music, etc.

I try to write fantasy novels with that style. Of course, videogames and books are a different kind of art (for example, books haven't OST), so I must keep that in mind. But I try to create worlds and stories with that light style. Hope now this is clear.

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »
I'm from Portugal, so I know a bit of spanish, yes, hehe
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline eclipse

• Dragonrider
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »
Is your writing style similar to an LitRPG?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LitRPG

Offline Iramesoj

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 01:55:26 PM »
I haven't thought before about it, but maybe.

In RPG games, in some areas, enemies are appaering constantly (Final Fantasy, Pokemon, etc). I don't use that trope since it has sense in a game, but it would be tedious in a novel (fights against enemies are not tedious in novels, but the same numbers of fights we experience in an RPG would be). However, my characters usually travel around their world, visiting lot of towns and cities, and enemies become stronger while story progresses. In that two points, my stories may be similar with games.