September 24, 2020, 04:14:23 PM

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 886 times)

Offline Roelor

Hello!
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »
Hi Everyone,

New on the forum.
I am an aspiring writer who hasn't written anything in his life, other than my dissertation.

I'm a Dutch guy, I live in Bulgaria and write in English.
I'm writing a technological  fantasy cross-over. Not really inspired on any real book, other than my own common sense and my ideas on what would be awesome.

Happy to be here and hope to learn a lot of all of you.

PS: These letters under the posts are a pain as I can't really see it well.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum!

We are a very friendly bunch*, so feel free to browse around, older and newer threads, reply to whatever you want, and have fun :D

We also have a monthly writing contest: if you're quick, yiou have 3 days to enter the April one ;)

* Edit: I've just read a few of your posts. I feel I have to add that we don't tolerate trolling, rudeness or personal attacks in this forum, so we'd appreciate if you could think before posting. Friendly reminder :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:16:15 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Roelor

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
I am opinionated and do not agree with every single "given"  that people tend to agree to.
If opposing others cause I disagree is called trolling, I will be banned soon probably.

I do not intend to attack anyone personally.
I do encourage people to think further than the edge of their noses and to question things they think are normal.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »
I am opinionated and do not agree with every single "given"  that people tend to agree to.
If opposing others cause I disagree is called trolling, I will be banned soon probably.

I do not intend to attack anyone personally.
I do encourage people to think further than the edge of their noses and to question things they think are normal.

Disagreeing and offering a differing view is not trolling and you are welcome to voice your opinion. But we do ask that comments stay respectful. Explaining why you disagree always helps others see where you are coming from. :)

They go away after the first few posts. Sorry, we had a huge problem with spam accounts/posts, and put that in place to control it.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,

New on the forum.
I am an aspiring writer who hasn't written anything in his life, other than my dissertation.

I'm a Dutch guy, I live in Bulgaria and write in English.
I'm writing a technological  fantasy cross-over. Not really inspired on any real book, other than my own common sense and my ideas on what would be awesome.

Happy to be here and hope to learn a lot of all of you.

Welcome Roelor! Hope you enjoy the forum :P

P.S if you ever need an evil sidekick to help take over the world, then i'm your guy ;D ;)
"My death shall spark a war, and from the ashes of the battlefield I shall be reborn"

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
Welcome welcome!