October 16, 2019, 11:08:48 PM

Author Topic: Greetings from the American Northwest  (Read 786 times)

Offline CaitSpivey

Greetings from the American Northwest
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »
Hello, all! My name is Cait and I have just been added to the ranks of writers for the site proper, so I decided to pop into the forums to meet you lovely people.

I'm a YA/NA fantasy writer with a high fantasy currently querying, and I also work as an editor for Curiosity Quills Press and a freelance editor through my company, Bear and Black Dog Editing. I specialize in speculative fiction with both companies. I live in Oregon and I have several tattoos, including the Leaf of Lorien (my first, but certainly not my last LotR tattoo).

Besides the obvious, my favorite fantasy series is probably the Abhorsen Trilogy, followed very closely by A Song of Ice and Fire. Other favorite authors include Robin McKinley and Tamora Pierce. I've been remiss reading much of the fantasy published recently (my most recently published read was PROPHECY, a YA by Ellen Oh), but hopefully I can remedy that soon, with recs from all of you.

If you're on Twitter, I invite you to follow me @CaitSpivey.

Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss!
"Realism, in so far as it means reality to life, is always bad art." -Sherwood Anderson

Author | caitspivey.com
Editor of SFF at bearandblackdog.com

Offline TravisGGAnderson

• Shadow Op
  • Sweet DM, voracious reader, and karaoke killer :)
    • View Profile
    • Just One More Game
Re: Greetings from the American Northwest
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:28:54 AM »
As you were kind enough to say hi on my greetings thread, so too shall I say hello to you. Looking forward to your first article here and props on the book query. I shall go follow you on the twitters now :)
"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins.”
-Neil Gaiman

http://tgganderson.wordpress.com/