December 12, 2017, 08:20:06 AM

Author Topic: Your favorite things about Skyrim!  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
Re: Your favorite things about Skyrim!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
I'm super excited to try out the new Cyrodil mod-- it sounds awesome!

The PS4 mods are pretty limited.  I need to buy a new computer and a new monitor just to play mega-modded skyrim on....

So I know I said this in the very beginning but I love how Skyrim somehow manages Nordic unity yet with each city still being unique with architecture, weather, people, sayings etc, but similar enough to feel cohesive.  I'm fixated on that b/c it's brilliant and I want to achieve that in my own writing!

Offline DaveEllis

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2017, 03:15:56 PM »
In 7 days I am going to be able to play handheld Skyrim and this is making me unbelievably excited.  I never played the DLC first time round and its been a good 3 years since played the original so really, really looking forward to getting stuck into a new character.

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 05:23:58 AM »
When the deals for xmas/ black friday/cyber monday come out I'm gonnna get a new monitor, a new computer and it'll be time to play skyrim!!!!!!

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 04:34:17 AM »

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »
Sorry for double post, but I just went back to playing Skyrim a little bit today, and it was an awesome experience. I felt totally in love for the Bloodskal blade of the Dragonborn expansion. Have you ever imagined yourself swinging swords so that they give off rays of slashing heat like in various movies/ animes? This is totally something like that in Skyrim.  :D Overall though, I think I do enjoy the plotlines and various features in the Dawnguard more than the Dragonborn DLC.

Offline Syner

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Mods. Recently decided to try out some quest mods. Normally I stay far away from quest mods because imo the bulk of them are either unfinished or bug ridden. With that said the quest mod Vigilant caught my attention, and me being a huge fan of dark souls, which the mod is heavily inspired by, I figured WTH. I cannot express how floored I am with that mod after having finished it. The writing, the environments, the epic boss battles( granted you also install the appropriate combat mods ). The mod however will trick you. What I mean by that is the initial stages of the quest will have you thinking it's no different than fetch quest Skyrim is riddled with, but by Act3 and 4 it really becomes an entirely new monster unto itself.

Like I said it's heavily inspired by dark souls, but uses TES lore for its backdrop, so there is not a lot of hand holding Skyrim has conditioned us with and Act 4 there is absolutely no hand holding and there are few moments, based on your choices where you can literally skip half of the mod and go straight to Act 4. Act 3 at one point literally had me wanting to stop playing because it was scaring the **** out of me( SPOILERS particularly the Red Witch ). I would also argue that while the entire mod is dark souls inspired I'd say Act 3 gave me more of a Silent Hill vibe. All the little notes and journals you find are very well written and add to the overall story. The english voice-over add on can be bad in some spots but overall they did a good job. The multi-tiered dungeons in Act 4 are amazingly designed, and not to hate on Bethesda but they should take notes.

When I think that it was all done by one man... just wow. This is why I still play Skyrim :) .

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »
Mods. Recently decided to try out some quest mods. Normally I stay far away from quest mods because imo the bulk of them are either unfinished or bug ridden. With that said the quest mod Vigilant caught my attention, and me being a huge fan of dark souls, which the mod is heavily inspired by, I figured WTH. I cannot express how floored I am with that mod after having finished it. The writing, the environments, the epic boss battles( granted you also install the appropriate combat mods ). The mod however will trick you. What I mean by that is the initial stages of the quest will have you thinking it's no different than fetch quest Skyrim is riddled with, but by Act3 and 4 it really becomes an entirely new monster unto itself.

Like I said it's heavily inspired by dark souls, but uses TES lore for its backdrop, so there is not a lot of hand holding Skyrim has conditioned us with and Act 4 there is absolutely no hand holding and there are few moments, based on your choices where you can literally skip half of the mod and go straight to Act 4. Act 3 at one point literally had me wanting to stop playing because it was scaring the **** out of me( SPOILERS particularly the Red Witch ). I would also argue that while the entire mod is dark souls inspired I'd say Act 3 gave me more of a Silent Hill vibe. All the little notes and journals you find are very well written and add to the overall story. The english voice-over add on can be bad in some spots but overall they did a good job. The multi-tiered dungeons in Act 4 are amazingly designed, and not to hate on Bethesda but they should take notes.

When I think that it was all done by one man... just wow. This is why I still play Skyrim :) .

I can't wait until my new computer comes in the mail so I can try it!!!
You can't get quest mods on consoles, right?
I eventually want to build some of my own quests in skyrim....

Offline Syner

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:05 AM »
I'm not sure if you can get quest mods on consoles or not. I would think if it's a quest mod that entirely uses the assets in Skyrim and doesn't require SKSE then you probably could. As to if Vigilant is available on consoles, I don't know.

Here's the trailer to wet your appetite :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eJYcGUqzME   

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »
I'm not sure if you can get quest mods on consoles or not. I would think if it's a quest mod that entirely uses the assets in Skyrim and doesn't require SKSE then you probably could. As to if Vigilant is available on consoles, I don't know.

Here's the trailer to wet your appetite :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eJYcGUqzME

OMG I'M SO EXCITED TO GET MY COMPUTER AND PLAY SKYRIM ON MY NEW TV I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT

It looks beautiful! But yeah, a couple of those voice actors.... shouldn't quite their day job.  I'm not a big fan of hellscapes tbh (prolly b/c I'm afraid of Silent Hill invading my sub-conscience) but this one looks like it's gonna be fun!

Overall though, I think I do enjoy the plotlines and various features in the Dawnguard more than the Dragonborn DLC.

Inkers (you're impossible to summon)-- I never made it far on any of the main questline nor Dawnguard nor Dragonborn.  I'm terrible.  I've done the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild ones like 6 times over and over with different characters tho.  My fav artifact is prolly the boots that let you walk on water.  And my fav part of the expansion is the ability tree for the werewolves-- I need to find a mod that lets you get even stronger!!!

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »

This looks AWESOME too!!!!

https://skyblivion.com/