October 24, 2017, 10:40:38 AM

Author Topic: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel  (Read 108121 times)

Offline SugoiMe

Re: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel
« Reply #1905 on: October 12, 2017, 03:48:30 AM »
I'm all out of words :-\

Words that mean something, words to answer mails, to give news, to say good things, words to be written down... they're just not there, or rather, my body doesn't want to handle them.
So they remain in my brain, partially thought, partially considered, not really reaching the designated people.

I'm moving past frustration, as that only leads to more anxiety - I just hope the right people understand. Including myself.

I was going to reply with something profound/encouraging, but I'm at a loss for words. And sometimes, you know, there are none. Only the sentiments clinging to disjointed thoughts in my mind. My sentiments go out to you.

For the record, it took me at least two minutes to write this because I didn't know how to phrase it.
"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit." -- Richard Bach

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1906 on: October 12, 2017, 03:58:33 AM »
I'm all out of words :-\

Words that mean something, words to answer mails, to give news, to say good things, words to be written down... they're just not there, or rather, my body doesn't want to handle them.
So they remain in my brain, partially thought, partially considered, not really reaching the designated people.

I'm moving past frustration, as that only leads to more anxiety - I just hope the right people understand. Including myself.

Words can come hard. And words can come cheap.
They can come from afar. Or up from down deep.
They can serve us or swerve us from that path to this.
They can strike to the heart. They can veer wild and miss.

They can fail us and flounder when we need them most.
The quip or rejoinder or the wedding feast toast
Can fall flat on the crowd or die in our throats.

Then we must pause and breathe and let go,
Of the loads that we carry. And let the time flow.
For the thought that we thought that we needed to send,
Is naught but a trifle when the day finds its end.

Expressing, explaining are not things we must do,
If the listeners listen, silence speaks volumes, too.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 12, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »
Gem, I love that! :D
Thank you x
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Bradley Darewood

• Brandon Darewoodson
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #1908 on: October 12, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »
Ok @ScarletBea , I think I've figured out my EU visa problem.

Advert:

Struggling writer seeks maiden in shining armor to rescue him from the underdeveloped cesspools of the United States and bring him to civilization (Europe) .  Seeks to stay at home editing his first novel for another 15 years before attempting to query agents. Cannot cook, per se, but is really good at ordering take out, washing dishes, taking out the trash, and has certain nocturnal skills like spooning... and a really long tongue. Potential spouse must have a 7-figure income and live in a castle. Serious inquiries only please.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 12, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »
 ;D ;D
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #1910 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »
Advert:

Struggling writer seeks maiden in shining armor dress to rescue him from the underdeveloped cesspools of the United States South America and bring him to civilization (Europe anywhere else). Seeks to stay at home editing his first novel for another 15 years forever before attempting to query querying agents after the submission deadline. Cannot cook, per se, but is really good at ordering take out, washing dishes, not taking out the trash, and has certain nocturnal skills like spooning... and a really long tongue and fingers. Potential spouse must have a 7-figure income and live in a castle at least a minimum wage. A trailer in the United States is perfectly fine. Serious inquiries only please.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:34:02 AM by Lanko »
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2017

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »
Oh what a lovely way to wake up on a morning I can’t eat until after my annual blood test. Gem’s lovely poem and Bradley’s/ Lanko’s heart warming advertisement.

Meanwhile, Bz, I hope words aren’t failing you today. And if they are, sign-language and grunts are usually sufficient. We have a few executives for whom those would be improvements over what they say.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1912 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:50 AM »
Gem, I love that! :D
Thank you x
I'm happy you liked it :)
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1913 on: October 13, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »
This is one of those little things that makes me feel better when I am blue. It was just a stick in March when I planted it on Saint Patrick's Day, and now is it is a woolly green giant taller than I am with twisting knots and loops and hoops of healthy green leaves.

The Gem Cutter

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 13, 2017, 06:07:03 PM »
Oh wow, I remember!!!
Well done :)

And @Lady Ty will love seeing it!

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1915 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
Well, that'll teach me to ignore this thread for a bit.

Nice poem, Gem. Did that just spring from your fingertips as you were typing?

Hope you're feeling better, @ScarletBea.

As for myself, I'm participating in a little thing being managed by Grófin, that... mental health place I can never really sum up in English. A group of us is going to be visiting 9th graders and telling our stories, to both spread awareness and help de-stigmatise various mental problems. I'll have to attend two lectures before I get to deliver my own, but that shouldn't take long, and the gang are really impressed with my piece. It's a slightly shortened and streamlined version of the lecture I gave at the university back in January. And while I am a terrible judge of my own material, it really seems to strike a chord with people.

And tonight I'm attending a pub quiz at the university. The stated theme is "equality" and "Friday the 13th". And if the latter refers to the movie series, I expect to do quite well.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 13, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Thanks.
It's not really a question of feeling better, I'm currently living in this tired, floaty mode, which I think will only disappear once the house move is complete.

I just can't talk with people, or write, or explain properly. I lok at my diary and know it would do me good to write things down, but I just don't, words just can't be pinpointed and fixed...

And you know, you talk so much about your lecture here that the least you could do would be to translate it, or if not the whole thing, just a bit. We'd all love to read it, if I can speak for more than just myself :)

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1917 on: October 13, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »
And you know, you talk so much about your lecture here that the least you could do would be to translate it, or if not the whole thing, just a bit. We'd all love to read it, if I can speak for more than just myself :)

You know, I suppose I could. But now I'm worried I've oversold it.

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 13, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »
Her Waywardness, The Lady Wisteria thriving and looking good, TGC  8)
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1919 on: October 13, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »
Her Waywardness, The Lady Wisteria thriving and looking good, TGC  8)

... what?