December 13, 2017, 07:26:14 AM

Author Topic: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?  (Read 74048 times)

Offline Daniel Foster

Re: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »
Hello!
My name is Daniel Foster. Actualy I am Russian author and this is my pseudonym.
In fact, I have already complete fantasy novel "On diferent shores, but it is in Russian.
Now I am working on the translation of the book in English, that's why I need reviews to understand whether translation is high-quality and understandable for English - speaking people or I should change the interpreter before it's too late?
There are 3 chapters in English, which are available for downloading on my website http://danielfosterwriter.com/en/.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Name: Daniel Foster
Email: d.foster.writer@gmail.com
Website URL: http://danielfosterwriter.com/en/ (there is section in English)
Novel Title: On different shores
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 684 (in full version in Russian)
Format:any e-format

Please don't hesitate to write me if you have any problems with downloading free chapters in English
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:34:45 AM by Daniel Foster »

Offline abatch

« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
Does anyone respond to this thread? I've offered a free Kindle or paperback copy to anyone who's interested in reviewing my book(s). So far, no takers.

https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Blood-Fire-Immortal-Treachery-ebook/dp/B00AW53RMQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=steel%2C%20blood%20%26%20fire&qid=1462334033&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25066398-steel-blood-fire

Love to hear from someone!  :)

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2017, 10:22:04 PM »
I think a lot of people don't visit this thread as there's a load of one stop posters who you never see again. I wouldn't want to read a novel from someone whose only posted a couple of times especially if those  are just ads for their book. I'm surprised there's been no takers for your book yet through. Maybe one of the other active writers here will give it a go.

Do you own thread , don't let your post get lost in here.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:26:52 PM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline abatch

« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2017, 09:53:19 PM »
This came out today:

“Combat, myth and folklore collide in Batchelder’s first book in the Immortal Treachery series, Steel, Blood, Fire, a rollicking fun and seriously addictive read.” – Chanticleer Reviews   

And this on Friday, from Noxwrite Review:

"The most enchanting thing about S t e e l, B l o o d , & F i r e is certainly Batchelder’s writing. He creates beautiful sentences, poetic but at the same time engaging and yet so understandable. This characteristic is not so easy to find in contemporary indie novels, but Batchelder masters it. He has an individual voice and it distinguishes this author from the rest."

So, who do I have to boink around here to get a read?

Offline lazarinth75

« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2017, 07:04:51 AM »
Name: Christopher Keene
Email: Lazarinth75@gmail.com
Website URL: http://fantasyandanime.wordpress.com
Novel Title: Gods of the Mountain
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Length: 100,000 words
Format: doc/pdf
Back Cover Blurb:
Having failed to protect his commander during the war, Faulk is given a chance at redemption when an assassin and old comrade trains him to use body enhancing magic. However, when the assassin kills a cleric before his training is complete, Faulk is accused of being the murderer and is detained by General Conack, the man who killed his commander.

Torturing Faulk for information, Inquisitor Mullen discovers the true assassin’s plan to use his magic to overthrow the city. With one of his assistants being an incompetent and the other whispering conspiracies into the earl’s ear, Mullen must deal with his court rival, General Conack, while also uncovering the true source of the magic; the one pulling the strings from the shadows.

Sent by her gods to find the one teaching her people’s Ways to outsiders, Yuweh stumbles upon Faulk. She learns from him that the magic is being spread by an assassin, but instead of hunting him down, she takes Faulk with her in the hope of stopping it from spreading further. Their journey sheds light on a wider scheme of dark magic that threatens to tear the world asunder.
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers:
Stipulations: The reviewer can post the review anywhere and I will give a free ARC in reply to an email.

Offline werecat

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »
So, your book is published, but you don't have many reviews. You've got the blurbs that other authors have stamped on to your cover, but that's about the extent of it.

If you're looking for people to review your novel, go no further! This thread is the perfect place to look for folks willing to read and review your book. Take the information below, reply to this thread, and someone will contact you if they're interested. You can then edit your post later on, and let people know if you run out of copies for review, or if you have new books releasing soon.

Name: L.M.Feldt
Email:  lmfeldt42@gmail.com

Website URL:  https://www.amazon.com/Banished-L-M-Feldt-ebook/dp/B072WL4658/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1500319689&sr=1-2&keywords=Banished

Novel Title:  Banished
Genre:  Fantasy
Length:  256 pages
Format:  ebook
Back Cover Blurb:  In a world reduced to walled cities of survivors, only the pure are allowed into mainstream society. Anyone displaying signs of genetic mutation is immediately ripped from their homes and cast into a Compound. Here they are tattooed, forever marking them as an outcast. On the day of their sixteenth birthday, they are forced into the Trials and tested for the extent of their mutation. If they Fail they will be Banished into the wilderness of a world three hundred years after the DNA Wars.

Stipulations:   I am happy to contact people when the book is offered for FREE - just email me.  Also, I am looking for rating of 4+.......(obviously)  so please, if it isn't your thing then just don't post a review.  I have seen people do this to other indie authors. We are all here to help each other!

Offline Mathew McCall

« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Name: Mathew McCall
Email:matmccall@hotmail.com
Website URL: amazon.com/author/mathewmccall
Novel Title: The Dandelion Farmer
Genre: Steampunked Science Fiction
Length: 500 pages
Format: ebook /paperback  (available on Amazon Kindle.)
Back Cover Blurb: "Scratching a living out of the red earth of the newly independent Martian Colonies, an idealistic young Dandelion Farmer, Edwin Ransom, takes a stand against the powerful and evil industrialist, Eleuthère Du Maurier, who is trying to drive him off his land.
As events spiral out of Edwin’s control he encounters Adam Franklin, a man suffering long-term memory loss and haunted by nightmares of his own death.
Edwin and Adam are drawn further into violent conflict with Du Maurier’s henchmen and are forced to flee to the safety of Edwin’s father-in-law’s protection.
Professor Flammarion, Edwin’s father-in-law, is a man with a vision. Believing that mankind on Mars is on the brink of self-extinction he has brought an airship and is preparing to set off in search of what he believes to be the only hope of saving the humans on Mars; the last of the First Martians. The Professor enlists Edwin and Adam to join his eclectic group of scientists and adventurers in his perilous quest.
Set against a background of the looming threat of war between the colonies and pursued by the dark forces unleashed by the evil Du Maurier, Edwin finds himself catapulted into a nightmare adventure on the frontiers of human civilisation and beyond."

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Happy to email them a copy to save buying it on Kindle.

Stipulations: I would like to cite the review and reviewers name on other sites.
Are the reviewers allowed to post the review to the Fantasy-Faction website? Yes
To their own personal site? Of course.
To Amazon.Com? Please do.
Can they pass their copy of your novel onto another reviewer? For reviewing only.
Do you require the reviewer to pay for the copy? No, I will send them a copy in a PDF file.

Offline Carol Bennett

« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
Name: Paul Bennett
Email:Paul@pauljbennettauthor.com
Website URL: pauljbennettautor.com
Novel Title: Servantof the Crown
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 380 pages
Format: ebook  (available on Amazon Kindle and Kobo.)
Synopsis:  ?A Tyrant King sits on the throne, while a Royal Secret lies hidden at a forgotten estate.

Gerald Matheson was sent to Oxley Hall as punishment after riots rocked the capital. The Hall is a royal estate that has long since fallen into obscurity. There, he discovers a secret the King has hidden away for years. His presence will set off a chain of events that will change the fate of the kingdom.

Back Cover Blurb:
Lord Richard Fitzwilliam, Baron of Bodmin, looked out the window, silently gazing down onto the well-worn streets of Winchester. He was deep in thought, and though his eyes looked outward, he ignored what they saw. He stood stroking his beard and thinking, not at all aware of the outside world. He remained still for several more moments, then made his decision. He turned from the window and strode to the door, opening it. Outside stood a young woman, clad in the glittering armour of a knight of the realm; the coat of arms of Bodmin emblazoned on her breastplate. As was typical in the Palace, she wore no helmet and carried no shield, but her sword hung from her belt. He knew that she was more than capable of using it.

"Beverly," he said in a kindly voice, "come inside a moment, I need to talk to you."

"Yes Father," she replied dutifully. She stepped into the room as her father stepped back. She looked as though she knew something was about to happen, and closed the door behind her, turning to face him. "What is it?"

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 10

Stipulations: Please review on any of the following sites: Kobo , Amazon , Goodreads,  Storyfinds
Are the reviewers allowed to post the review to the Fantasy-Faction website? Most definitely
To their own personal site? Of course.
To Amazon.Com? Please do.
Can they pass their copy of your novel onto another reviewer? For reviewing only.
Do you require the reviewer to pay for the copy? No, I will send them a copy in a PDF file.