November 22, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

Author Topic: Korgoth of Barbaria: The best Sword & Sorcery movie ever made  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Yora

Korgoth of Barbaria is a 23 minute long cartoon that was made as a pitch for a series. Even though the series was never made, it's still a wonderful short movie. It's either a ridiculously silly parody of Sword & Sorcery, or a honest attempt to take the genre to its fullest extremes. Probably it's both.

Either way, I think it's just wonderful, whichever way you look at it. Obviously it's full of extreme cartoon violence, almost nudity, and jokes that are highly inappropriate for audiences of all ages. And of course very Metal!!! \m/
Spriggan's Den

There is nothing to read!

Offline Conan

Re: Korgoth of Barbaria: The best Sword & Sorcery movie ever made
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »
Now--this is Fantasy!

This is fun for the whole family. :)

Love the slave girl in the bird-cage. Nice touch.

The animation is pretty dated, they should remake it.

c
Tied up and twisted; gnarled and knotted with wrinkles; haggardly firm and unyielding; his eyes glowing like coals, that still glow in the ashes of ruin; untottering Ahab stood forth in the clearness of the morn; lifting his splintered helmet of a brow to the fair girl's forehead of heaven.

Offline Yora

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »
It was made in 2006. I think it was meant to be retro-looking.
Spriggan's Den

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:27:40 AM »
Wow that young? Why is there no Kickstarter yet? I'd watch a season or three for sure. Stretching Fantasy to its limits!
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Yora

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »
Now that actually sounds like very good plan.
Spriggan's Den