January 20, 2018, 11:08:24 AM

Author Topic: Adventures in Writing  (Read 23697 times)

Offline CameronJohnston

Re: Adventures in Writing
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »
Thanks, all! Just seen some initial sketches of the eventual cover art and I'm awestruck. That's my book. With a cover. That will be in book shops...

Offline Peat

« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2017, 11:57:41 AM »
A very belated congratulations  8)
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »
(ignore, I just said something silly)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:47:01 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »
Aw boo, I had a reprint with Far Fetched Fables who were going to do an audio podcast of one of my stories, but now it looks like they are shutting down. Gutted! I have another story with another podcast that's just gotten through to the 2nd round of consideration, so there is that I guess.

Novel-wise I've returned my edits and seen final cover art. Now I am just waiting on copy edits coming back and looking forward to seeing the cover art with all the text added to it.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »
Aw boo, I had a reprint with Far Fetched Fables who were going to do an audio podcast of one of my stories, but now it looks like they are shutting down. Gutted! I have another story with another podcast that's just gotten through to the 2nd round of consideration, so there is that I guess.

Novel-wise I've returned my edits and seen final cover art. Now I am just waiting on copy edits coming back and looking forward to seeing the cover art with all the text added to it.
So like 5 steps forward, half-a-shuffle back. By my math, you're due for another leap forward :)
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Online Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Builder
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2018, 12:25:18 PM »
So the publication that ran the competition I placed third in seems to have gone dark (no replies on e-mail and no updates on their site since the announcement, and they should be announcing shortlists for the 2017 competition). They've been around for a long time so I don't think it's anything scammy, rather I'm worried something has happened. Either way, I have no idea what's going to happen, and the best short story I've written so far is stuck in limbo. Pretty annoying. Not much to do except truck on and write more, but it's damn annoying that what's meant to be my first big step into the writing world just keep stalling.

Just needed to vent, I doubt there's much of a solution to this except wait and hope.
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
If this was a novel we could assemble an expedition to investigate and possibly rescue them from the black holes they've fallen into

Offline JRTroughton

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »
Aw boo, I had a reprint with Far Fetched Fables who were going to do an audio podcast of one of my stories, but now it looks like they are shutting down. Gutted!
That happened to me with Fantasy Scroll Magazine. Very disappointing at the time!

Haven't really been writing or submitting much at all over the last 18 months, to my shame.

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »
So the publication that ran the competition I placed third in seems to have gone dark (no replies on e-mail and no updates on their site since the announcement, and they should be announcing shortlists for the 2017 competition). They've been around for a long time so I don't think it's anything scammy, rather I'm worried something has happened. Either way, I have no idea what's going to happen, and the best short story I've written so far is stuck in limbo. Pretty annoying. Not much to do except truck on and write more, but it's damn annoying that what's meant to be my first big step into the writing world just keep stalling.

Just needed to vent, I doubt there's much of a solution to this except wait and hope.

I hope that now the festive season is over they will get back up and running soon!