February 20, 2018, 07:42:15 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 699501 times)

Offline Eli_Freysson

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #10305 on: January 15, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »
Well, I've gone and done it. I've ordered the tickets to Paris. I went to the airline home page and discovered that only two of those really cheap tickets were left. I tend to go a bit frantic at suddenly having very little time to make an important decision, but I quickly phoned dad and we just agreed to nail the dates down and meet in Paris.

I'll be going out on May 15th, and returning on the 20th. I might get overstimulated, but damn it, I need to expand my horizons and check out some of the world's more interesting locations.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10306 on: January 15, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »
So build in some quiet, decompression time, like a diver coming up from the deeps. Fight through the crowds over here, then plan to chill at cafes over there, and so on. You're going to have a terrific time.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #10307 on: January 15, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
So build in some quiet, decompression time, like a diver coming up from the deeps. Fight through the crowds over here, then plan to chill at cafes over there, and so on. You're going to have a terrific time.

I will.

Also, the last of the cheap tickets is now gone. So I really caught that one in the nick of time.

Offline ScarletBea

• Cruise Director, Positive Invisible Fighter, and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10308 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:17 PM »
*sends Portuguese sun and 16C air to all forumites* ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Also called Ashorvaed, in the Immortal Language of Henry Dale!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10309 on: January 17, 2018, 02:10:45 PM »
Piper and I just played some catch - in a snow shower in Georgia
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #10310 on: January 20, 2018, 01:57:12 PM »
I went out for my first ever charity work today at a local soup kitchen (it's part of a mandatory university subject). Surprisingly, it was actually much more fun than I had anticipated. We were packagin breads, sealed snacks, fruits, and food packages meant for the homeless in the region. I didn't went with the other teams later to distribute the food, but the running around packaging and hauling stuffs around were tiring enough, whew!   :D This was another amazing experience.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #10311 on: January 20, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »
Quick question, not worthy of an entire thread:

I'm putting together the society of my upcoming series, set in a place/time inspired by Victorian London.

What with my autism I generally find any cultural behaviour that limits people for no practical reason to be dumb, but one of the cultural wrinkles I've come up with for the setting is that the neck is considered quite the private zone, especially for women. No proper lady is going to step outside the house without wearing a scarf or choker or something.

Does this sound workable or just silly?

(The reason I'm doing this is that one of the main characters gets turned into a vampire, and I want to add to the violation aspect of feeding.)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • Dragon Duchess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: January 21, 2018, 12:14:48 AM »
Perfectly reasonable, Eli, goes with the fashion of the time. Ladies' clothes of that era were mostly high necked and covered up anyway, to 'preserve modesty.' Probably influenced by an outwardly prudish and ultra respectable queen. However we are hearing more about a few of her amorous adventures on the side lately. ;)
'..all tapes left in a car for more than a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums....they listened to William Byrd's "We Are the Champions"" and Beethoven's "I Want to Break Free". Neither were as good as Vaughan Williams "Fat-Bottomed Girls".
Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman: Good Omens 1990

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #10313 on: January 21, 2018, 03:16:44 AM »
I'm some places today exposed shoulders for example are considered immodest, inviting impure thoughts in men-- seems like a perfect (and clever) match for a vampire conceit

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:50 PM »
Hello, everyone:

Basically working 7 days a week and evenings, and when not, have family obligations of only mental room for the daily crossword puzzle.

Love to all. Will be back as soon as I can.

JMack.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #10315 on: January 21, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »
Why are you working so hard?

Offline ScarletBea

• Cruise Director, Positive Invisible Fighter, and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10316 on: January 21, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
Basically working 7 days a week and evenings,
>:( I thought exploitation didn't exist anymore
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: January 21, 2018, 10:49:21 PM »
Amusingly my Mum has just read Name of the Wind. Had to explain that yes there is a book 2 she can read straight away but might be a wait for book 3!

And I didn't prewarn cos I didn't realise she was reading it. I think it was a special deal on kindle a couple of years ago and she only just got around to reading it. She seemed very inpressed though. When he does release book 3 finally in 2049, will have to reread them. If I remember rightly book 1 is a really delightful read.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10318 on: January 21, 2018, 11:09:54 PM »
Hello, everyone:

Basically working 7 days a week and evenings, and when not, have family obligations of only mental room for the daily crossword puzzle.

Love to all. Will be back as soon as I can.

JMack.

I feel you, although not so severely these days. Mrs. Gem and I are looking to relocate locally - not going far, but we're looking to move up a bit. We're getting our financials and approvals in order and hopefully slipping into this:  https://www.trulia.com/property/44681759-4738-Wildwood-Dr-Evans-GA-30809

When you work from home you need more from your home - and we have 5 people under the roof who basically never leave.
The Gem Cutter

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10319 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:12 AM »
hopefully slipping into this:  https://www.trulia.com/property/44681759-4738-Wildwood-Dr-Evans-GA-30809
ohmygawd!!! :o
No wonder that when americans come to Europe (but mainly UK) they're speechless at the combination size/price of houses ::)

Well done :D