December 13, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 671857 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9870 on: September 17, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/social-media/2017/09/two-museums-are-having-fight-twitter-and-its-gloriously - Exactly what the link sounds like.
I was wondering where to go tomorrow, now I might pop over to the science museum again ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9871 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:32 AM »
I want to share this with you guys. Fair warning though. Depending on your situation, this song could be rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9tqvCYlZSQ

Really caught me off guard this morning.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9872 on: September 18, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
I might pop over to the science museum again ;D
I'm there/here!
Every time I come here I see the new bits: just been in the Mathematics gallery, and after lunch I'll go to "Our lives in data" :D
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: September 19, 2017, 03:59:57 AM »
Octlantis

This had me smiling with happiness all morning, such a glorious concept for a story. I'll doubt I'll manage one, but offer it to you all. Treat them well. ;D
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: September 19, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
Octlantis

This had me smiling with happiness all morning, such a glorious concept for a story. I'll doubt I'll manage one, but offer it to you all. Treat them well. ;D

And I love the name of the octopus specie: "Gloomy Octopus"
Poor critters.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9875 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »
Octlantis

Poor critters.
Maybe now they'll change it... metroctopus? ;D

I'm back home, and I manage to only buy 2 books. I mean... Forbidden Planet? Elizabeth Bear's Karen Memory which isn't published in the UK... and signed! And then Aliette's second book, at half price, also signed!

Offline Peat

« Reply #9876 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:51 AM »
Octlantis

Poor critters.
Maybe now they'll change it... metroctopus? ;D

I'm back home, and I manage to only buy 2 books. I mean... Forbidden Planet? Elizabeth Bear's Karen Memory which isn't published in the UK... and signed! And then Aliette's second book, at half price, also signed!

You mean you didn't stock up at the 3 for 1.99 shelf with its enticing display?
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: September 20, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
I've  read Karen Memory on my kindle about a year ago, Not signed through!
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9878 on: September 20, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »

You mean you didn't stock up at the 3 for 1.99 shelf with its enticing display?
I must have missed it... so not so enticing, hehe

And I was trying not to buy books I could easily get elsewhere, since I still have giftcards for Waterstone's and Amazon.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9879 on: September 21, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »
I came home from a boring, poorly spent evening with some folks, and noticed really nice northern lights as I stepped out of the car. I spent a while watching them undulate in that unique way of theirs, and it really cheered me up.

Anyway, tomorrow is the annual fall celebration at the university; specifically the one with each student association with a different costume theme, playing games at the town square, and then take busses outside of town for a drunken ball.
My record of being in noisy crowds is spotty, and I'm uncomfortable with not being able to just choose to leave a situation whenever I want. But I'm going to give things a try.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: September 23, 2017, 02:19:11 AM »
Weddings, funerals, and sick puppies.

Sang at a wedding today for a gal I watched grow up through her high school years, singing with our group at church. Sniffle, sniffle.

Going to manhattan tomorrow for memorial service of the CEO of the company I worked for for 23 years. Great guy. Hope to see many old colleagues. Sniffle, sniffle.

Meanwhile, Rosie the dog is sick, not eating, blowing up with flluid, and likely not long for this world. Double, triple sniffle sniffle.

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9881 on: September 23, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
^ *big comforting hugs*
xxx

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9882 on: September 23, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »
Weddings, funerals, and sick puppies.

Sang at a wedding today for a gal I watched grow up through her high school years, singing with our group at church. Sniffle, sniffle.

Going to manhattan tomorrow for memorial service of the CEO of the company I worked for for 23 years. Great guy. Hope to see many old colleagues. Sniffle, sniffle.

Meanwhile, Rosie the dog is sick, not eating, blowing up with flluid, and likely not long for this world. Double, triple sniffle sniffle.
Hang in there with all of those, but especially the dog.

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: September 23, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »
Gorgeous day in NYC. The memorial service was loooong but lovely. Stood for two hours. Earned karma points giving up seat to an old colleague who physically can't stand that long. Then several hours of hugs and handshakes with old friends, followed by a nice lunch with several.

I'm going to a magic show tonight! It's called "In & Of Itself", which is supposed to be brilliant, cerebral, totally different from any other magic show.

Meanwhile, Rosie dog continues to struggle down at home. I should be there, but I paid for the hotel and train months ago.

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9884 on: September 23, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
And I just arrived from dinner with my cousin (who's only 4 months younger than me, we're quite close) and his 18 year old daughter. They live in Italy but were here in the region for a few days visiting universities for her, for next year.
It was lovely seeing them, and chatting in portuguese and comparing expatriate notes :D