October 24, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 656077 times)

Offline Bradley Darewood

• Brandon Darewoodson
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9840 on: September 12, 2017, 09:48:21 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra#/media/File%3ADawn_Charles_V_Palace_Alhambra_Granada_Andalusia_Spain.jpg

Outstanding beauty, @Saraband needs to go here.

Granada was fabulous I can see myself coming back for a long weekend here.

Flight back tomorrow, then back to work.

Wowwwwww those photos are awesome.

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: September 12, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
Alhambra is Mrs. JMack's main bucket list place to visit.
If family members would just stop getting married in distant places, we'd get there soon.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9842 on: September 12, 2017, 11:50:29 PM »
I just stepped out with the trash just before bed, and I looked up and saw the northern lights for the first time this fall.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:24 AM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra#/media/File%3ADawn_Charles_V_Palace_Alhambra_Granada_Andalusia_Spain.jpg

Outstanding beauty, @Saraband needs to go here.

Granada was fabulous I can see myself coming back for a long weekend here.

Flight back tomorrow, then back to work.

Wowwwwww those photos are awesome.

Definitely awesome and what a great location for epic FF. Thanks Eclipse, enjoyed your travelogue but sorry I never got to see the Alhambra. Glad you had a good holiday, you have seen some truly impressive sights.
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9844 on: September 13, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »
Going to London on Friday :D
Probably meeting @Peat and @Nighteyes again (waiting for them to tell me a place hehe)

I'll try going to Forbidden Planet too, I've heard so much about it!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Peat

« Reply #9845 on: September 13, 2017, 01:50:29 PM »
Going to London on Friday :D
Probably meeting @Peat and @Nighteyes again (waiting for them to tell me a place hehe)

I'll try going to Forbidden Planet too, I've heard so much about it!

I am genetically incapable of making plans more than two days before the event :P

Although right now I'm just hoping my bubonic manplague subsides enough that I'm not breathing a thousand germs, each more fearsome than the last over the pair of you. Although since you'll have both been hanging around with small children before I'm not sure I'll be able to do any worse to you than they will.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9846 on: September 13, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
You guys have fun in London! Wish I could afford to go.

These last two days have been eventful. On Monday, I heard what transformers sound like when they explode. One blew up right under my window, which was an awesome sound. I wish I could've recorded it. Then the power went out. Luckily we were out of power for only a day, and I had already turned in my digital assignments. I know my professors will except excuses for not having them complete on time, but I won't. My lunch meat went bad, but I'm planning on going to the store today so should be good.

Yesterday, after waking up to Alexa yelling about a lack of Internet connectivity, I got to work doing some History reading and deep cleaning my dorm and bathroom. Neither had been clean in almost a month, so it was time. Then I realized my Community Advisor was checking all of the rooms for storm damage. And I panicked.

a little back story. In college, you're not allowed to have Toasters or Coffee Makers in the dorm. Something about them starting fires. So of course I bought a toaster. I didn't want to give up my Eggo chocolately-chip waffles for breakfast. So when I hear the community advisor walking around, I panic and run to the closet to hide my toaster. In the process I stubbed my toe on the wall. Then I ran back to my chair to continue reading and act normal. When she knocked on the door, I panicked again and ran to the door, stubbing my toe for the second time. That one really hurt. And the pain never went away. After a while, I started wiggling my toes to make sure everything was fine. I couldn't convince myself that way, so I started bending them back and forth with my fingers. That's when I heard the pop.

After elevating my foot for an hour and taking some pain meds, I decided I should go to the hospital. And of course, I broke my toe. Little did I know there's nothing doctors can do for a broken toe. They prescribed Motrin and ice. Apparently it will heal on it's own in 2 to 3 weeks. So I'll just walk around and inwardly scream.

Today I go to the doctor to see if they can bring my hearing back to normal. I'm hoping they prescribe more than Motrin and ice, since this has been going on for 4 months now.

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: September 13, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
Im back home, it's cold here in the UK.

Whose your nearest F-F member Ultament? Have an American F-F meet up @Jmack will organise it.
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: September 13, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »

Whose your nearest F-F member Ultament? Have an American F-F meet up @Jmack will organise it.

Organization is my middle name.  :o
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9849 on: September 13, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
Ultament, is it bad of me that I laughed at your story?
I kept picturing it in my mind, like a comedy film ;D
Anyway, I hope it heals soon!

Eclipse, yes, it's proper autumn now ::) *bbrrrrr*
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: September 13, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »
Ultament, is it bad of me that I laughed at your story?
I kept picturing it in my mind, like a comedy film ;D
Anyway, I hope it heals soon!

I was thinking Harold Lloyd when I read his post.
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9851 on: September 13, 2017, 10:46:42 PM »
It's okay. I laugh at it, even though it hurts.

I think the only one even slightly close is @TheGemCutter. I'm in Central Georgia, and I think him and I are the only people in the South from here.

Doctor said my eardrum itself looks fine. He prescribed some nasal sprays. One to help clear up the rest of my sickness, and a steroid to help open up my eustachion tube. He also prescribed an antibiotic, but since the government hasn't sent me my insurance card yet, the pharmacy wouldn't give it to me. Strange how the doctors can find my insurance in the computers, but the pharmacy can't. If these don't work, I'll have to get a hearing test.

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: September 14, 2017, 12:53:00 AM »
Well, Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon Line, so that qualifies as South by one criterion.

On the other hand, we were a Union state.

On the other hand, when Abraham Lincoln was going by train from New York to Washington for his first inauguration, Baltimoreans were waiting at the Baltimore train station to lynch him. (He didn't stop at the station, and thereby hangs a tale.)

On the other hand, it's 787 miles from my house to Columbus, GA.

So, no. Not the South up here.  ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9853 on: September 14, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »
I'm at the doc's waiting to get the flu jab. It's packed, I hope it doesn't take too long.

Last year I had to get it because I was bang in the middle of chemo, but this year I wasn't sure - until I asked earlier this week...

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9854 on: September 14, 2017, 06:45:19 PM »
Well, it was quick :D
And I hadn't realised I fit into "long term illness" ::)

Anyway, @Eclipse sent me a few more photos of his spanish adventure, here they are:

The second one is a ceiling!!