August 18, 2017, 10:45:27 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 635833 times)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9705 on: August 06, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
Wow. Now I gotta note down that Bradley is an expert on cats.  ;D With all of the things you've said, I think I'll stick to feeding them at the most. (Thinking back, I got peed on by a kitten once. Raising them does seemed like a not so brilliant idea)

It's just that about a year back I had started feeding a stray dog. (well a stray dog my neighbor take in, but let it wander around anyway) I feed him chicken skins and etc. from leftovers and we became fast friends. That made me want to feed the adorable stray cats populating my university grounds too.
A literary journal featuring three of my short stories (The Beast of Stone, The Fluttering Heartbeat, and The Creeping Shadows): https://www.amazon.com/Ronin-Express-Literary-Journal/dp/1543115586

Offline Peat

« Reply #9706 on: August 08, 2017, 03:18:06 AM »
I thought you weren't meant to feed them milk?

Anyway, I don't let the cats into my room when I'm sleeping. They lost those privileges. Unfortunately, my wife will insist differently...
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9707 on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Cats make women ... more interesting *wink*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9708 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
@Eclipse, you will like this ;D

This week I did a little scratch on my car, and because it's a company car, I called the company who handles these issues. The lady there was asking me a bunch of questions about the incident, as well as my personal details:
Lady: date of birth?
Me: 23 Dec 69
Lady: is that 1969?
 ::) ::)

No, lady, I'm actually 147 years old :P 8)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: August 12, 2017, 07:11:33 PM »
Well today in Noraland, I woke up with my face covered in petechiae, aka, blood spots under the skin. Since I was violently sick at night, and have had aching joints all day, I've determined I must have had a bad allergic reaction.
Since I made a cake using copious amounts of food dyes, a first for me–and ate most of it myself–I looked into that.

Turns out I might well be intolerant to red dye, and that might explain my erratic intolerance reactions of the last 10 years.

Might be a mystery solved! Hooray! Now if I could get my face back and loose my cold at the same time before my holidays it'd be awesome...
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9710 on: August 12, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
Gosh Nora, that sounds awful :o :o
Buy an over-the-counter anti-histamine, it will help (those hayfever tablets)
*hugs*
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline Rostum

« Reply #9711 on: August 12, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »
Hope your diagnosis is correct and that you get well soon.

Online ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9712 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
In the meantime, I discovered @You Had One Job on twitter ;D ;D

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: August 13, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
I preferred my old title but it's good to have a change every now and again keeps things fresh, I must change my sig soon had that a while too.
I'm Saloninus, by the way. And I tell lies, from time to time. Which goes to prove the old rule; never entirely trust a man who talks about himself in the third person.

Blue and Gold by K.J Parker

Offline Hedin

« Reply #9714 on: August 14, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »
I was putting my daughter to bed last night and she had one of her fake plastic custom jewelry rings in her room.  After she put on her pajamas she looked at me and said "When you leave make sure you take my precious ring with you."  I am now wondering if my home insurance covers Nazgul attacks.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #9715 on: August 14, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
So, I'm nearing the end of reading all the posts of the last three weeks (more than you probably think). Only the Kings Paws (and everything related to the writing contest) are unread. Wish me luck with the paws now!  ;D
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Online ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9716 on: August 15, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »

:o :o

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #9717 on: August 15, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
I saw that thing a few days ago! Blew my mind! (If you want proof the lines are straight, hold a ruler up to one so it obscures the line. You'll realize the ruler goes straight across, even though the line looks curved).

Brains are weird!
T. Eric Bakutis: 2014 Compton Crook Finalist and author of Tales of the Five Provinces

Offline Peat

« Reply #9718 on: August 15, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
Quick, everyone spam run the forum so Xia is never done!

Welcome back - belated best wishes on the recovery.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9719 on: August 15, 2017, 04:28:47 PM »
Some particularly irksome indications of our inability to accurately perceive simple things right in front of us:
http://nerdist.com/5-optical-illusions-that-show-you-why-your-brain-messes-with-the-dress/
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell