October 24, 2017, 10:37:49 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 656073 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9855 on: September 14, 2017, 07:26:26 PM »
All from the Alhambra. We probably took 200 photos there. (And we tried to not make too much!)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: September 14, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
So my company is moving from the suburbs 25 miles from home to the downtown city. Only an additional 15 miles, but an extra 45 minutes each way.

Tonight there's a meeting in the new building (a 24 story tower), and I get to see the new digs for the first time. Sounds like I have a great view  :) to make up for giving up 1.5 hours of my life without additional pay  >:(.

I might take a photo or two, though they won't be any competition for the Alhambra.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:36:19 PM by Jmack »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Peat

« Reply #9857 on: September 15, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »
So little is. One of these days I'll get there myself in person...

And that's an arse Jmack. I'm guessing no chance of working from home?
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9858 on: September 15, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »
I'm in London :D

I've been to the Wellcome Collection, see the graphic design exhibition, and now I'm in the cafe of the local Waterstone's, waiting for my sister and girls :)

And my arm hurts, from the jab...

Jmack, that's not good at all! Can they do that without compensation to the employees??
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:31:43 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #9859 on: September 16, 2017, 04:00:04 AM »

I'm just jumping into the conversation here, maybe I'm missing something. Did you start boxing?  :o 
A literary journal featuring three of my short stories (The Beast of Stone, The Fluttering Heartbeat, and The Creeping Shadows): https://www.amazon.com/Ronin-Express-Literary-Journal/dp/1543115586

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9860 on: September 16, 2017, 04:23:50 AM »

I'm just jumping into the conversation here, maybe I'm missing something. Did you start boxing?  :o
;D
Flu jab
=vaccine, in daily brit language, hehe
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #9861 on: September 16, 2017, 05:39:59 AM »

;D
Flu jab

Ahahah, my bad. I've just started trying out boxing recently and it's getting to my brain I guess.  ;D
A literary journal featuring three of my short stories (The Beast of Stone, The Fluttering Heartbeat, and The Creeping Shadows): https://www.amazon.com/Ronin-Express-Literary-Journal/dp/1543115586

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: September 16, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »
No, they don't have to pay me (or any of us) anything more for the commute time. They are committing to paying parking for the first year (or Metro, i.e. the Tube). You end up with the choice of staying or finding something better. Assuming you can/want to find something better pay-wise.

But the view is a compensation!  ;D
Photos from new office:

My view

More of my view

From the balcony

At night
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9863 on: September 16, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »

;D
Flu jab

Ahahah, my bad. I've just started trying out boxing recently and it's getting to my brain I guess.  ;D
How's that going? Any concussions yet?

A small amount of venting. For college, we have to do this online program to raise awareness for alcohol poisoning and what to do for people around us. I couldn't do it over the summer, since it wasn't accessible. I found out a couple weeks ago that the company expects us blind people to use Internet Explorer and Jaws. Jaws is $800 and the program I use, NVDA, is free and mostly does the same thing. I should also add that Internet Explorer was the least accessible browser available to us, which is why you would need Jaws because it has special scripts. I say was the most inaccessible browser, because with the Windows 10 free upgrade, not many people have it anymore. So I checked out a laptop from the library here running Windows 7 and had Explorer. I got through three modules successfully, before I hit my big accessibility problem. Because I wasn't using my mouse to click on some of the sections, it wasn't recognizing that I had read them. Now, if this had been tested with NVDA like any smart company does nowadays, I could've used the mouse virtually. But jaws doesn't have this feature.

In short, the company has not done any accessibility testing in at least 2 years, and they barely did any in the first place. I'll most likely have to work with a sighted person to click on stuff, which is annoying. When I'm done and they ask for my final thoughts, I will rant. I will find more accessibility bugs, and happily tell them to go screw themselves.

Also, I wish all forms could be online. It saves me the trouble of printing them out, and having someone help me out. I wanted to go to an event today where we basically play with the animals to "make them feel better." I just want to play with dogs. they have them every two weeks, so I'll get to go soon. but I could've gone today if the shelter was more modern.

But in other news, I hardly have any homework this weekend! With Irma plowing through here and classes being canceled, I got ahead of the game by a week. So maybe, just maybe, I'll get to start reading Age of Swords again! :O  :O  :O

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #9864 on: September 16, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »

;D
Flu jab

How's that going? Any concussions yet?

It's only me hitting the sandbang with japs, crosses, and hooks, that is. Still, it was a totally enjoyable and stress-relieving activity.  :D I would surely get terribly concussed in an actual pracetice match with other people, hahah.

I feel your frustrations of the various (and many extremely unnecessary and minor) requirements in university. There were many of those things where I'm studying too, and I am trying my best to deal with them, evade them, or find advices/ solutions in tackling them. Keep the spirits up!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:34:43 PM by S. K. Inkslinger »

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9865 on: September 16, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
By the way, ultament, do you know when people like your posts (click on the like button, I mean), or is that lost for you?

I'm having to take deep breaths and count to 10 when dealing with certain things my sister says/does ::)

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9866 on: September 16, 2017, 07:20:59 PM »
Yep. Right now my latest one has two likes.

Hang in there Bea. That's me whenever I get home and my Stepdad opens his mouth.

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: September 17, 2017, 02:17:21 AM »
Hmm. I think I was actually "drunk" today.  :o
Wine Festival.
Over 30 half-ounce samplings, plus 3 glasses of wine.
Head being pulled toward the ground by something other than gravity.
Or, gravity given permission to be tricksie.

Properly sober now.
Wish I'd tried to write earlier.
Seems to game worked for so many folks!  ;)

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9869 on: September 17, 2017, 04:32:38 PM »
Rofl. I feel like I know a lot about those museums now. Thanks Pete!