October 24, 2017, 10:37:42 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 656072 times)

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9810 on: September 07, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »
seen a little tomb and a well in a place of worship dated between 2500 Bc -4500 BC , Even the Romans called the settlement ancient as it's been here so long.

Antique- the town name is Called antiquera

Now at hotel swimming pool , I've got it all to myself!
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: September 07, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »
seen a little tomb and a well in a place of worship dated between 2500 Bc -4500 BC , Even the Romans called the settlement ancient as it's been here so long.

Antique- the town name is Called antiquera

Are the inhabitants "Antiquarians"?  ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Eclipse

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:42:23 PM by Eclipse »

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9813 on: September 07, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »
So cool! :D

I'm at work :'(
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9815 on: September 07, 2017, 04:07:17 PM »
@ScarletBea:

https://qz.com/1069481/portugal-has-the-best-quality-of-life-in-the-world/

;D

Yeah, maybe...
But this comment: "work-life balance is greatly helped with the “kind people, nice weather and food, as well as the beautiful places to visit,”", my experience was not such a great work-life balance if we exclude all those nice things and actually think just about working hours ::)

I can actually say that here in the UK I also have the "kind people, nice weather (sometimes... ;D) and food, as well as the beautiful places to visit”, plus the good working hours!
 8)

@Saraband, do you agree? ;)
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Eclipse

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
Been to Servilla today went and visited the lovely gardens in Real Alcazar

Next up Ronda.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronda#/media/File%3ARonda_Puente_Nuevo_and_El_Tajo_gorge.jpg

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »
Been to Servilla today went and visited the lovely gardens in Real Alcazar

Next up Ronda.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronda#/media/File%3ARonda_Puente_Nuevo_and_El_Tajo_gorge.jpg

Very impressive. Immediately imagined Battle on the Bridge and bodies flying off into the gorge. That's what fantasy addiction does to your mind. Glad you are having good holiday Eclipse. 8)
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Offline Eclipse

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: September 09, 2017, 04:12:01 PM »
Done Ronda sent Bea some photos on whtapp maybe she can post them on here. Now going for a sleep.

Sunday: Córdoba

Córdoba was founded by the romans, it became a port city used for shipping spanish olive,oil and wheat back to Ancient Rome.

Later on It became a capital of the moorish kingdom of El-Andalusia . Work began on the great mosque over seven centuries became one of the largest in all of Islam. When the city was reconquered by the christians in 1236 , the new rulers of the city were so awed by its beauty that they left it standing, building their cathedral in the midst of its rows of arches and columns, and creating the extraordinary church-mosque we see today.

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9819 on: September 09, 2017, 09:17:21 PM »
Thanks @Eclipse, here are a few, then (my favourites of the 18 you sent ;D):

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9820 on: September 09, 2017, 11:26:51 PM »
I was downtown at a bar, for a meetup with the Iceland humanistic society, arranged by the university...

(there was free beer, of course)

... and afterwards I encountered a woman who'd brought a four month-old puppy, A labrador/Icelandic mix, and she briefly let him off the leash. He was of course ecstatic at getting to run all around, checking out various scents and getting petted by everyone, but then got into a heated encounter with another dog. That is, his own reflection, which he was seeing for the first time. No matter how hard or long he tried, he couldn't touch, lick, bite or intimidate that stranger.

It made for really fun viewing.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: September 10, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »
@Eli_Freysson,

FYI, I enjoy exaggerating the amount of free beer you get between school events, humanistical societies, and what not.  ;D I will make you and Iceland famous around these parts.  ;)

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9822 on: September 10, 2017, 01:25:11 AM »
Eclipse, keep having fun in Spain. And glad the rest of you seem to be doing alright.

I've been sick for the last week. It started out Sunday with a throat so sore I couldn't eat anything but Applesauce. Then it all went to my nose for the next two days. Then Wednesday I lost my voice.

Everything is mostly back to normal health wise. I have the remnants of a Hurricane headed my way. I stayed here to go to a long-needed doctor's appointment on Monday, only to realize this afternoon that we're now under a state of emergency. So I guess that appointment's canceled... Too late to go home though, so I'll wait it out. I'm not near the coast, so we'll get something ranging from a tropical storm to a category 1.

We have no classes Monday or Tuesday, partly because of the storm and partly because we're sheltering Floridians. Plenty of work to keep me busy though, so still not much time for reading Fantasy. I'm still only 50 pages into Age of Swords. :(

I don't know if you guys remember me talking about a student seminar I've been planning, but we managed to convince our state government to pay for all of the students' registration fees, banquet tickets, and hotel rooms for the whole weekend. We're expecting quite a turn-out, and I couldn't be more thrilled! It's apart of a larger convention, but I have 5 hours of topics to cover and we're packed!

Sorry for the long post. I realized earlier this week that I haven't made much of an effort to comment on other people's lives, or talk about my own. I used the excuse of thinking no one cared, but I think it was a way of keeping everyone at a distance. I shouldn't have done that. Hopefully I'll get better at this.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #9823 on: September 10, 2017, 06:52:31 AM »
That's amazing, Justin, well done! Hope the seminar will be a blast. :)

And don't worry, we all switch in and out, comment or not (still hate that you can't like on tapatalk) and that's perfectly okay. Having twenty people comment on every free beer, spain pic or otherwise entertaining or thoughtful story or experience would be overkill. Most of the time I'm happy for them/you but don't feel the need to repeat something others already said. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Jmack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: September 10, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
@ultamentkiller, are you back from Minnesota? That's where you were in school IIRC.
Or am I having old age disease?