January 17, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 111147 times)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1320 on: January 08, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
Totally agree with Bradley and Lady Ty on Jumanji. I only actually went to watch it (and with mixed feelings) because Justice League had left theaters just a few days before and I had some free tickets. I hadn't expected anything, but the movie was a terrific fun and hilarious in the best of ways. Truly deserves a recommendation!  :D

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #1321 on: January 08, 2018, 01:15:47 PM »
Jumanji was excellent. Some fine actors having tremendous silly fun.
The Traitor God, published by Angry Robot June 2018

http://www.cameronjohnston.net/

Online BeardKing

« Reply #1322 on: January 09, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »
Started watching Stranger Things (I know, I'm late to the party) with my girlfriend and was thinking about dropping it until we finished that third episode. Wow! We're definitely in after that one! We both thought the kids kind of annoying, but they're starting to grow on us. :)

It also helps that the creepiness is dialed up to an 11.

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 10, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Watched “Bright” last night on Netflix and had a great time. Incredibly unoriginal in so many ways, but so well done! Will Smith played this actor named Will Smith, I mean, played this cop who has an Orc partner. The Orcs are discriminated against because they sided with the Dark Lord 2,000 years ago. In one night they end up on the run from rogue cops, rogue magic-using dark elves, crazed gangs, and an Orc mafia.

A hoot.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline KyleCon

« Reply #1324 on: January 10, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
Just finished Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #1325 on: January 10, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »
Watched “Bright” last night on Netflix and had a great time. Incredibly unoriginal in so many ways, but so well done! Will Smith played this actor named Will Smith, I mean, played this cop who has an Orc partner. The Orcs are discriminated against because they sided with the Dark Lord 2,000 years ago. In one night they end up on the run from rogue cops, rogue magic-using dark elves, crazed gangs, and an Orc mafia.

A hoot.

I enjoyed it too. Just wish it had been a TV series instead, giving more room for world building.

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #1326 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:17 AM »
High five to @Eli_Freysson for the Parker Lewis Can't Lose call-out. Synchronise watches!

I actually popped by here to say we just started American Gods last night. (Bless Christmas presents.) I can see how it might have been a steep start for those who haven't read the book, but I love its commitment to lush and weird, really enjoyed a lot of the visual things its doing, and I am very impressed with Ricky Whittle as Shadow.

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #1327 on: January 12, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
High five to @Eli_Freysson for the Parker Lewis Can't Lose call-out. Synchronise watches!

I actually popped by here to say we just started American Gods last night. (Bless Christmas presents.) I can see how it might have been a steep start for those who haven't read the book, but I love its commitment to lush and weird, really enjoyed a lot of the visual things its doing, and I am very impressed with Ricky Whittle as Shadow.

Best thing about that series? Hands down, it's Gillian Anderson.