January 22, 2018, 08:09:42 AM

Author Topic: Hello Again, More or Less.  (Read 332 times)

Offline Malik

Hello Again, More or Less.
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
I'm Joe. I was on these boards for a few months back in 2013, when I had finished a draft of my debut novel. Long story, but I had worked on a series for about 15 years, got rejected a lot, gave up and quit writing fiction, and then deployed in the Army Reserve, was damned near killed, and found some old manuscript drafts and series notes in the hospital and rewrote while convalescing. Looking at my old posts, I believe I found this board while I was rewriting a successive draft.

I got turned down by agents and publishers about ten more times and finally released Dragon's Trail on my own imprint in late 2016.

It did pretty well this past year, all things considered; a couple of BookBubs put it into the Kindle Top 100 in the U.S. and overseas last summer, we got some traction at B&N, and the tail has been encouraging. A few weeks ago, Dragon's Trail received a nice write-up in Publisher's Weekly.

Anyway, I'm working on the sequel on another screen. Back to it.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:23:36 PM by Malik »

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Hello Again, More or Less.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!
I'm glad you're ok now.

I hope you read and post everywhere, even old threads, we don't mind! The forum is going through a quiet period, we need prompts from newbies ;D

And you still have plenty of time to enter our December writing contest :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Offline Not Lu

Re: Hello Again, More or Less.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
Hey Joe, I've read Dragon's Trail and enjoyed it. Good luck with your writing career.