January 19, 2018, 09:00:21 PM

Author Topic: June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston  (Read 508 times)

Offline Rostum

June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Synopsis please.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:27:06 PM by Rostum »

Online CameronJohnston

Re: June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
Oh! I am blessed with my very own thread on these excellent forums! Thanks Rostum! :)
*whispers* forgot the 'h' there though.

The Traitor God will be unleashed upon an unsuspecting world June 05, 2018 in the UK and Commonwealth countries and June 07, 2018 in the US and Canada.

The Traitor God

A city threatened by unimaginable horrors must trust their most hated outcast, or lose everything, in this crushing epic fantasy debut.

After ten years on the run, dodging daemons and debt, reviled magus Edrin Walker returns home to avenge the brutal murder of his friend. Lynas had uncovered a terrible secret, something that threatened to devour the entire city. He tried to warn the Arcanum, the mageocracy who rule the city. He failed.

Lynas was skinned alive and Walker felt every cut. Now nothing will stop him from finding the murderer. Magi, mortals, daemons, and even the gods – Walker will burn them all if he has to.

After all, it wouldn’t be the first time he’s killed a god...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:59:35 PM by CameronJohnston »
The Traitor God, published by Angry Robot June 2018

http://www.cameronjohnston.net/

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
Re: June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Jonston
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
That sounds awesome... :0

Offline Rostum

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
Ok You have sold me now make sure the book tour includes southern England so I can get a signed copy.

Aww sorry mate I didn't forget just didn't check. I am using a gaming keyboard and the R,F,G&H are a bit dodgy due to continuous mashing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:30:57 PM by Rostum »

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »
When can I expect to be able to buy this as a lowly, knuckle-dragging American? And in what modes will it be available? (Kindle, hardback, etc.)
I am so happy for you and my mind wanders to your success regularly. I hope it's a wonderful ride upward from here.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:14:20 PM »
When can I expect to be able to buy this as a lowly, knuckle-dragging American? And in what modes will it be available? (Kindle, hardback, etc.)
I am so happy for you and my mind wanders to your success regularly. I hope it's a wonderful ride upward from here.

As far as I've been told, it's June 07, 2018 in the US and Canada for both paperback and ebook.
It's been incredibly exciting but also a real education I can tell you that! It does mean I can now better advise other writers about publishers and whatnot, which can only be a good thing :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:36:39 PM by CameronJohnston »

Offline Rostum

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »
Is there a hard cover run or straight to paperback?

Best get practising your signature and thinking about the near compulsory doodle for your adoring fans.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:50:50 AM by Rostum »

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
Angry Robot don't tend to do hardback, but yes, signatures ahoy. No doodles though (unless I can come up with something cool), because I draw like crap.