The River and the Willow - Carter
Rain - Alex Hormann
Monsoon Dragon - Jmack
Storm Walker - Norman Gray
The Dreglund - Nora
The Civilisation of the Deep - D_Bates
In Darkness Dwells - Jonathan Ryan

Voting closes: January 01, 2018, 12:30:01 PM

Author Topic: [NOV 2017] Water - Voting Thread  (Read 239 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
[NOV 2017] Water - Voting Thread
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:01 PM »
It's time to vote on the November Writing Contest: Water!

We got 10 entries this month, almost all in the last day ;D - thanks to all who participated!

Please read through all of the entries in the submission thread and place your votes for your two favourite entries in this thread. You won't be able to see the vote breakdown until the vote closes, so spread the word for others to come and vote! We do ask that if you entered, to vote for someone else.

The key for the numbers of votes is this: 1-5 entries: 1 vote, 5-10 entries: 2 votes, 11-15 entries: 3 votes, 16-19: 4 votes, 20-25: 5 votes, 26+: 6 votes

Remember that the winning entry will be posted on the main Fantasy-Faction site in a few months.

Good luck to all our entrants and thank you for taking the time to read the stories and vote! :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: [NOV 2017] Water - Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »
Truly living my life like a grown up this week. I'm getting stuff out of the way early, including casting my votes!
Done and dusted.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »
Wow *claps*
I'll read and vote during my Christmas holidays ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline NightWrite

• Writing Group
  • Half a King
  • The mind loves to race at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »
I should do like Nora and do my voting this week. The closer we get to Christmas, the more I feel like I won't have as much time as I'd like to read everything. One of these days I might be able to convince my family we need to tone the holidays down....

Offline Norman Gray

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
I've read most of the entries. Already I have a feeling that I know which ones I'll be voting for. A couple of the entries were a bit difficult to get into; I found myself skimming a bit. I'll be sure to give those ones another try before I cast my votes.

I guess we don't typically give feedback/do critiques of each others stories in these contests?

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 10:55:14 PM »
yes, we used to. If you click on an older topic, chance is you'll find some with a "critique" thread. It's a habit that had to be revived a couple of times. No one was commenting recently, so it fell out of practice. Some people were upset by reviews as well so we started doing opinions only for people who openly asked for them and that was often too few people.
Feel free to restart the process though!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:44:37 AM »
Voted while I had time to read and to make sure I don't forget as the long school holidays begin here today, going through to beginning of February. There may be a bit of baking required. 

Water is a theme that offers a wonderfully wide interpretation and that shows in the entries, I enjoyed them all, thank you writers. ;D
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders