October 24, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

Author Topic: I'm baaaaack...  (Read 225 times)

Offline Neila

I'm baaaaack...
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I was around here. Kinda, had some problems with my elbow tendons turning to bone that kept me from doing a lot online for 2014-2015. BUT one thing I managed to do during that time was write with my non-dominant hand. And then pitch those writings to agents. I kept being rejected and rejected BUT this year I finally signed a book deal then signed another!

My mind is swimming.

I have a cellphone novel called By the Blade about an asexual woman who works in an office then enters a sword fighting death tournament that is currently being serialized on Tapas here:
https://tapas.io/series/bytheblade

and in January I will have a novel called Psychic Underground: The Facility out with Ninestar Press.

I was wondering, does anyone know of blogs that would be interested in reading & reviewing a Scifi/Urban Fantasy novel about a psychic stuck in a secret underground lab? I'm trying to put together a list of places to email to see if folks are interested.

Also I hope to log in here more regularly. Still trying to get back on my feet internet usage wise. Not being able to use my arm without terrible pain for about a year really did a number on my self confidence and sociability. Here's hoping more interaction with folks beyond just rambling on twitter helps.

How've y'all been?

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
Re: I'm baaaaack...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
Welcome back! I actually remember you. :) ;)
Congrats on the book deals! :D
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Neila

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:46:44 PM »
Welcome back! I actually remember you. :) ;)
Congrats on the book deals! :D

Thanks! It's good to be back! I honestly didn't think anyone would remember me. I think I last logged in about 2014 around the onset of my arm problems. :s Good to be remembered! :D

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Khaleesi
  • Dragon Queen in her own right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
Hi @Niela, welcome back. Glad you managed to write although must have taken some time to manage one handed.  Congratulations on the book deal.  How about joining back in the Monthly Writing Contest again?
“Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it.”
 Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Offline Neila

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Hi @Niela, welcome back. Glad you managed to write although must have taken some time to manage one handed.  Congratulations on the book deal.  How about joining back in the Monthly Writing Contest again?

I'd love to rejoin that! ATM I may be a bit too busy to do so. I've got this book to rewrite and hope to get a different one rewritten and submitted before the end of the year. I will do my best to try to enter the Monthly Writing Contest though! It was so fun to do!

I learned how to kinda touch type one handed by the way while my arm was screwed up.

By the way the interview I did with Ninestar Press and DVPit about Psychic Underground: The Facility is out now here: http://dvpit.com/elkins-ninestar