December 17, 2017, 05:51:00 PM

Author Topic: What's your personality type?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
Re: What's your personality type?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:17 AM »
Stop taking advantage of me Lanko and I buy you a nice gift I have no equal in gift giving!

Damn you noticed it... I was gonna try to push my work onto you and get the credit... But I accept the gift. If it's books. Recent, not from centuries ago.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2017

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »
I'm sure I can dig something up for you.

I think that test mostly gets me, funny I was thinking of buying a gift recently for someone.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:39:55 AM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 02:11:21 AM »
I did the Mayer-Briggs test and I got INTP (The Logician). Possibly with a little of INTJ (The Architect).

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Yay!

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than INTPs – just don’t expect punctual progress reports.

INTP and INFP are the rarest of all the personality types (if you believe in personality tests). I got INTP in high school, but it was on the border between T and F.  Then more recently I was an INFP.  We had to take the Enneagram test for work:

http://exploreyourtype.com/details

There's only 3 men in an office of 40 and two of us were Type 5 "Investigators". Of the three of us that were Type 5, all of us were INFP.  Weird coincidence.

I imagine a lot of writers must be INFP.

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 02:33:32 AM »
Got Investigator from this test.

According to the result of your assessment you are likely a 5 on the Enneagram! Often called the Investigator, 5's are analytical, emotionally detached, and private. Sometimes thought of as loners, 5's are motivated by a need to understand, gain lots of knowledge, conserve inner resources, and avoid relying on others.

If this brief description of the Type 5 doesn't sound like you, and if you really want to know for sure what your Enneagram number is and learn more about how to become your truest self, then buy our book, The Road Back To You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery, and attend one of our daylong Know Your Number workshops.

There are two arrows, one pointing Stress to 7 (Enthusiast) and Growth to 8 (Challenger).

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »
See?? It's b/c you're an INTP. Maybe we're like twins, but just mentally.

I think it means you act like an Enthusiast when you're stressed out and a Challenger when you're all well-adjusted and shit.

Or it could mean that Enthusiasts just stress you out.

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »
Oh the 16 things test I once again got ISTJ (plus a T: ISTJ-T), the Logistician.
It says that's Hermione, though, in the 'famous people' section ;)
Few personality types are as practical and dedicated as Logisticians. Known for their reliability and hard work, Logisticians are good at creating and maintaining a secure and stable environment for themselves and their loved ones. Logisticians’ dedication is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

Yet Logisticians can be easily tripped up in areas where their practical and methodical approach are more of a liability than an asset. Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, learning to relax or improvise, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder, or managing their workload, Logisticians need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills.
:)

According to the result of your assessment you are likely a 5 on the Enneagram! Often called the Investigator, 5's are analytical, emotionally detached, and private. Sometimes thought of as loners, 5's are motivated by a need to understand, gain lots of knowledge, conserve inner resources, and avoid relying on others.

There are two arrows, one pointing Stress to 7 (Enthusiast) and Growth to 8 (Challenger).
And I got exactly this too! :o
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:46:22 AM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Online Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Builder
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »
I did the Myers-Briggs a year or so ago when there was a post about it on Wait But Why, but couldn't remember so I redid it. I am pretty sure my intuitive meter has grown a fair bit as I recall I was close to the middle on everything but I/E last time. I've saved the results this time so I can compare in a year or so.

Personality type: “The Logician” (INTP-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 71%, Intuitive – 82%, Thinking – 56%, Prospecting – 69%, Turbulent – 55%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I would have loved to have the results of this for me, 10 years ago. They would have been quite different.
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Kingkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
Oh the 16 things test I once again got ISTJ (plus a T: ISTJ-T), the Logistician.
It says that's Hermione, though, in the 'famous people' section ;)
Few personality types are as practical and dedicated as Logisticians. Known for their reliability and hard work, Logisticians are good at creating and maintaining a secure and stable environment for themselves and their loved ones. Logisticians’ dedication is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

Yet Logisticians can be easily tripped up in areas where their practical and methodical approach are more of a liability than an asset. Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, learning to relax or improvise, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder, or managing their workload, Logisticians need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills.
:)

And I got exactly this too! :o

Shiiiit you broke my theory!!!!

Offline Skip

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
What is the type who mistrusts and dislikes being cast as a type? That's my type.

Back when right brain/left brain was a new thing, I would tell people I'm neither, I'm whole-brained. Or hare-brained, depending on my mood at the moment. It was a flippant joke, but a serious point lay behind it. Why shut yourself off from half of yourself? Why tell yourself you are innately *not* something human?

Human beings are never just one thing, one type. We are complex, contradictory, inconsistent, surprising and malleable. We also love naming things and adore creating taxonomies, so I do understand all these typology quizzes. But will (consistently!) insist on treating every person as being as unique as a book, with layers and corners and filled with plot twists.
Visit Altearth

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 03:10:42 PM »
Didn't we talk about that once in the Paws? *browses a bit* yes. ;) -> http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/index.php?topic=3925.msg125238#msg125238

Would be interesting to take it again and see if it's different. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Online ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
Didn't we talk about that once in the Paws? *browses a bit* yes. ;) -> http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/index.php?topic=3925.msg125238#msg125238

Would be interesting to take it again and see if it's different. :)
I had the same result!!!
I didn't note down the %s this time, to compare, but the type/letters are exactly the same :D

(now if you'd asked me 20-15 years ago, that would have been different, hehe)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
In traditional art I see what the artist made. In contemporary/modern art I see myself...

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »
I'm an ESTP/ENTP. So "the doer" and "the debater."

I feel like I'm one of the few extroverts on a forum.

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 06:57:52 PM »
I'm an ESTP/ENTP. So "the doer" and "the debater."

I feel like I'm one of the few extroverts on a forum.

I will Defend you and get you a gift at the same time  ;D , Im quite sociable for an  Introvert

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 06:10:41 AM »
Haha, look at Eclipse's new title  ::)

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »
What's Xia's personality ?