September 22, 2019, 11:56:45 PM

Author Topic: Your favorite spirits, beers, and wines  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Bender

Re: Your favorite spirits, beers, and wines
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 04:01:47 AM »
There are way too many craft beers and they're getting stronger than ever before. I've retreated back to mainstream lager/pilsner. Naragansett is my go to default beer with Two Roads Pilsner following close behind.

Having said that I was drinking a New England style IPA called Boomsauce. Loved it. Was easy to drink and not like the super strong, super hoppy IPA that have flooded the market. There is also a new American Indian brand called Bira that's lovely.

I drank a Beer called Sweetwater Dank Tank Smokey and the Brett couple months before. Was astonishingly good, but can't find anymore.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 05:17:40 AM »
I need to get Untappd back on my phone. I let it lapse two phones ago because the child came along and it was just depressing how little interesting beer I was getting to drink, but it's good to have goals...

Though in Aus, we also have the very handy NowTapped which, perhaps more helpfully, tells you what's on tap right now at all the registered brewpubs. So I can say that last night I was at East of Everything, drinking Stone & Wood's French Toast Stout, which is a delightful thing indeed. (I also tried the Hargreaves Hill White Russian Stout, which I was less sure about. It was a nice stout, just more like a pale ale in colour, and... I don't know if my dissatisfaction is just a mental thing. If I'd tasted blind, would I still have wanted a fuller malt profile behind it? I just don't know.)
Hargreaves Hill do a really nice pale ale, too.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline NedMarcus

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »
I'm not so much into beer, but do like IPA sometimes. Usually I prefer wine—I like white wine and love red. Torres Coronas is a wine I like, and if I have the cash, Celeste is really good. Unfortunately, I live in a country with inflated wine prices.