December 08, 2019, 11:30:18 AM

Author Topic: What If?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Katyda

• Tribute
  • "A Spark of Life for the Dark of Death"
    • View Profile
What If?
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »
What would you do if you ruled the world? :P
The Forest is my family

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
Re: What If?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:05:12 PM »
Resign
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »
Investigate more on the technology that allowed me to jump into a dimension where it is not only possible for me to rule the world, but the person I was there actually wanted to. Then use it to move to the dimension where I'm a somewhat successful writer with a lovely countryside house I own and a husband who enjoys cooking.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

BeardKing

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
If I ruled the world, that would mean I was rich. With my cash, I would develop the means to move to another planet.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
Resign

no, no.  RETIRE.

just think of the prestige and pension!

Offline Rostum

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
assuming by ruled you me have unlimited power to enforce your will on others become psychopathically righteous.
If you mean being born into the title or elected to it I would quit.

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
Rule the world? Hmmmm :P
Step 1: Make sure Donald Trump NEVER becomes president(maybe by getting the FBI to make him "disappear" ;))
Step 2: Force everyone to fight to the death in a Hunger Games setting
Step 3: Fill a giant pool with melted Swedish fish
Step 4: Make a throne made of candy
Step 5; Live Forever and do anything I want(even if it defies  the laws of physics) ;D
"My death shall spark a war, and from the ashes of the battlefield I shall be reborn"

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
I would release an airborne virus that would make the human race sterile, and would not fix it for 10 years. We could do with a lot less humans and more puppies!

Offline Rostum

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »
I would release an airborne virus that would make the human race sterile, and would not fix it for 10 years. We could do with a lot less humans and more puppies!

Hmm exponential growth doesn’t work like that. In 1857 there were a billion people on the planet.
In 1996 there were 5 billion and now there are 7 billion. Time travel backwards and unleash your cunning viral plans and maybe…. Do it now and you will just piss off midwives and teachers, who will probably have stern words with you. but the world population history will record a brief hiccup nothing more.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »
But still, roughly 7 years without hearing an annoying, high-pitched, demon child howling at the moon?

Granted, toddlers will still exist, but I can handle them. It's the babies that won't shut up that make me want to scream. Especially the ones that sound like they came straight from hell.

If I was heartless, I would say 50 years without children. But that might be too much.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »
But still, roughly 7 years without hearing an annoying, high-pitched, demon child howling at the moon?

You will grow out of it, Babies are great, especially if you can give them back. Granted being stuck on a long haul flight in front of a baby who screamed from take off to landing made me realise why some animals eat their young.

Granted, toddlers will still exist, but I can handle them. It's the babies that won't shut up that make me want to scream. Especially the ones that sound like they came straight from hell.

Doh was going to post a cartoon in response. Toddlers teeth, babies are much better. All babies make mommy noises and daddy noises and howls are designed to get attention. My daughter would do a shriek that would have me out of bed and over two child gates looking for something to hit. The cause would be she was having a nightmare and made a daddy protect me noise. Her mum would sleep through it. Other times her mum would be irrate because I slept through all the noises that woke her up.

If I was heartless, I would say 50 years without children. But that might be too much.

Turning the human race into drones for your convinience is evil enough wiping us off the planet you think is too much. While the last males may be fertile most females will not.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 10:21:24 PM »

hrm.  if that's all it takes to get you ruffled, i'm afraid you're in for a very ruffled existence once you're done with school.  many aspects of life become less ... optional.

Offline Peat

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
What do you mean, 'What if'?  ???

Wait... I've said too much.

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
After world peace, universal free healthcare, free education, travel by transporter and fresh food for everyone, I would:

Make sure every kid had books and told me what they wanted to read about. Then I would be the only one to decide what they read in school and it would be the kind of books they had chosen and the teachers would make reading happy for all of them. Then I would ask ScarletBea, Elfy and Eclipse to organise all the reading and libraries, with Raptori and Dragonbane doing a similar thing for art and design

Nora, Eli, Yordan, Henry,Lanko and Arcane might like to do the same for the literature in all their countries and Sugoime could have a special sabbatical to organise again in Japan.

I would decide what food they had in school canteens and it would be healthy but incredibly yummy and I would beg  Saurus and Rostum to be in charge, because we'd need smoothies and desserts as well as mountains of bacon and ham.

The kids could do whatever sports or games of any kind they wanted and maybe  m3mnoch and Hedin would enjoy making sure that happened.

Then I would show kids how much fun gardening can be so they would enjoy it and could do it if they wanted.
Naturally Jmack would love to look after this, if he could get them to keep goats as well.

Hey everyone, step up and volunteer for what you'd like to do  in my happy world - everyone welcome. ;D

Of course we may have to integrate invading aliens because they are envious and want to live here....................

OMG forgot this wasn't RPG.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Roelor

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »
1. Ban clothing during mild weather.
2. Seriously discourage others from trying to take my throne.
3. Tell people world peace is a lie and form a peace alliance, that will create conflict everywhere, without resorting to violence. which is an OK substitute I guess.
4. Introduce laws that teach people who get offended by words, to build resistance towards other peoples opinions..

A lot more..

Icecream for everyone