May 27, 2017, 09:10:28 AM

Author Topic: What's your jersey?  (Read 23448 times)

Offline Yora

Re: What's your jersey?
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
Of course it is. Munich always is first with a big lead. It's not a question of if, but of how much.
Spriggan's Den

There is nothing to read!

Online Eclipse

• Threadomancer and Discoverer of Obscure and Ancient Threads
  • Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »
Vardy scores again

West Brom are winning! it wont last second half to come
I'm Saloninus, by the way. And I tell lies, from time to time. Which goes to prove the old rule; never entirely trust a man who talks about himself in the third person.

Blue and Gold by K.J Parker

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
2-1 WBA ! Liverpool fans all moaning
I'm Saloninus, by the way. And I tell lies, from time to time. Which goes to prove the old rule; never entirely trust a man who talks about himself in the third person.

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2015, 06:02:25 PM »
Balls Liverpool score 6 minutes into injury time?

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
Don't talk about football.  :'(
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
Chelsea have decided to play today ...

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
Interesting that the fans booed the players... why am I not surprised?  ???
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Hedin

« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2015, 01:08:02 PM »

Because the players had been playing like crap all year.  Maybe Mourinho failed at getting them properly motivated but I put a lot of what has happened on the players' feet.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »

Because the players had been playing like crap all year.  Maybe Mourinho failed at getting them properly motivated but I put a lot of what has happened on the players' feet.
For me it's more Mourinho's fault - after all, this kind of thing always happens after he's been in a job for a couple of years. I don't think he has the right motivational skills to keep a squad at the top over a longer period, since his methods tend to be destructive ones that are only effective in the short term. Everyone expected him to do things differently this time around; he didn't, and that's on him more than anything else.

The players aren't blameless of course, but I don't think they really deserved to be heckled like that really.  :-\

Offline Hedin

« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »

For me it's more Mourinho's fault - after all, this kind of thing always happens after he's been in a job for a couple of years. I don't think he has the right motivational skills to keep a squad at the top over a longer period, since his methods tend to be destructive ones that are only effective in the short term. Everyone expected him to do things differently this time around; he didn't, and that's on him more than anything else.

The players aren't blameless of course, but I don't think they really deserved to be heckled like that really.  :-\

The so-called Mourinho 3rd year fall off is just a myth.  In his previous 3rd Chelsea season he finished 2nd in the PL, won 2 cups, and I believe made it to the Champions League semis.  Even his last year at Madrid he still won a cup and made it to the CL semis. 

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »

The so-called Mourinho 3rd year fall off is just a myth.  In his previous 3rd Chelsea season he finished 2nd in the PL, won 2 cups, and I believe made it to the Champions League semis.  Even his last year at Madrid he still won a cup and made it to the CL semis.
It's not that he's necessarily unsuccessful in the third year, it's that he has never managed a team for longer than that. He doesn't have any experience with maintaining success over time, which is a different proposition to short-term success.

Online Eclipse

• Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »
Good news Raptori looks like Mourinho off to Man U according to some paper talk, maybe lol

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
Good news Raptori looks like Mourinho off to Man U according to some paper talk, maybe lol
Lol yeah. I'm completely torn on that. On the one hand he's one of the two or three best managers in the world, he practically guarantees trophies, and he's very entertaining. On the other, he's an absolute ass some of the time, and I don't have any faith in him when it comes to building a team for the long term...  :-\

Offline CryptofCthulhu

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2016, 01:49:53 PM »
NBA - Spurs
NCAA Men's basketball - North Carolina
NCAA Men's Football - Washington Huskies and Florida State
NFL - Green Bay, Pittsburgh (Also Philadelphia but I'm on strike currently :) )
MLB - White Sox, Braves, Dodgers.

I don't follow hockey or soccer/football.

However I don't buy team merchandise.
“Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.” ~ William S. Boroughs

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
NBA - Spurs
NCAA Men's basketball - North Carolina
NCAA Men's Football - Washington Huskies and Florida State
NFL - Green Bay, Pittsburgh (Also Philadelphia but I'm on strike currently :) )
MLB - White Sox, Braves, Dodgers.

I don't follow hockey or soccer/football.

However I don't buy team merchandise.

Wow, that's some serious geographic diversity. I'm much more parochial, focused on Baltimore, Maryland and DC.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Tags: