May 26, 2020, 11:00:09 AM

Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 28040 times)

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »

To be honest, I just watch Revolution for Giancarlo Eposito or however you spell his name,  I could care less for "Grr, I'm trying to be the moral center but I can't act worth a damn".     

Billy Burke and him. Glad I never watched the Twilight saga. Don't want to spoil the views I have on his acting.

On Elementary. I watch all those other shows on CBS. :) But on Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen the British Sherlock? Greatest renidition of him I've seen yet.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
But on Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen the British Sherlock? Greatest renidition of him I've seen yet.

This is what makes me happy. The most immaculate set of british tv-films in a long time. I think that Benedict Cumberbatch/Marin Freeman have done wonders as Sherlock and Watson; along with Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss writing, it is perfect. Sherlock and Doctor Who are making British television worth watching again.
Make Another World.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »
But on Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen the British Sherlock? Greatest renidition of him I've seen yet.

This is what makes me happy. The most immaculate set of british tv-films in a long time. I think that Benedict Cumberbatch/Marin Freeman have done wonders as Sherlock and Watson; along with Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss writing, it is perfect. Sherlock and Doctor Who are making British television worth watching again.
It was always worth watching, and as far as genre goes British TV rules: Life On Mars, Ashes to AshesBeing Human, The Misfits, the list goes on.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline JonRock411

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:20 AM »

To be honest, I just watch Revolution for Giancarlo Eposito or however you spell his name,  I could care less for "Grr, I'm trying to be the moral center but I can't act worth a damn".     

Billy Burke and him. Glad I never watched the Twilight saga. Don't want to spoil the views I have on his acting.

On Elementary. I watch all those other shows on CBS. :) But on Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen the British Sherlock? Greatest renidition of him I've seen yet.

I do agree Cumberbatch makes a good Sherlock though I do feel New York makes a better a good modern day counterpart to the London of the original Doyle stories than modern-day London does, but then I'm American and I may be wrong. We tend to be.  Plus Johnny Lee Miller isn't bad in the role and it is interesting that they used Gregson instead of Lestrade.     

Billy Burke is amazing in Revolution, I have to admit the series is a bit of a guilty pleasure watch at this point.  Though I do wish the girl would end up being killed off at some point.   

Offline Elfy

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:08 AM »
I like Revolution, but yes the girl is annoying.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2012, 03:27:28 AM »
but then I'm American and I may be wrong. We tend to be. 

Biggest understatement of the century. :)
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline JonRock411

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2012, 04:17:48 AM »

If the world was Westeros, America would be Joffrey.

Too harsh?

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »

If the world was Westeros, America would be Joffrey.

Too harsh?
Perhaps, I dont know that Joffrey ever had discussions with a small part of himself that he was wrong. But other than that, yeah, I get what your saying.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Elfy

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »
It kind of depends on if you're talking about book Joffrey or TV Joffrey. I didn't think it was possible to make him more loathsome than he was in the book, but somehow HBO did it.

Offline JonRock411

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
It kind of depends on if you're talking about book Joffrey or TV Joffrey. I didn't think it was possible to make him more loathsome than he was in the book, but somehow HBO did it.

I haven't seen the TV show because I don't have HBO, so I guess that narrows it down.   

Old-School Western films.

Offline asabo

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
I just discovered a drawing component for One Note - where I keep my story notes. So I was able to make some floor plans and maps to help with replotting a story. Absolutely made my day!
Lethal Seasons - Apocalyptic Science Fiction (no zombies)
http://allthereisandtherestofit.blogspot.com/p/lethal-seasons.html

Offline ja5p

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2012, 05:07:53 AM »
Have you seen the British Sherlock? Greatest renidition of him I've seen yet.

totally agree! after watching the last episode, my sister and I spent way too long trying to figure how sherlock pulled it off. If anyone figures it out, appreciate any hints

Offline Jenster

« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
A hot cup of coffee, a good book and uninterrupted silence to enjoy them both

Also getting a package in the mail you forgot you order

Offline blendyface

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
Also getting a package in the mail you forgot you order
Yeesss! So true!  ;D

Singing about what you're doing/basically singing random nonsense whilst performing daily tasks. I know y'all must do this too!

Parties. Not going to lie. I. Love. Partying. Not clubs per se, but just events where you can meet new folks. Which is ironic for somebody who is, outside of parties, pretty damn shy.   :o

I love it when it's really stormy outside*. You can curl up indoors and hear the rain or go out and get totally soaked for the banter  8) Or, when you're hanging out with friends, and you can curl up on the sofa/seat/floor while they chat. OR! Lying on people's laps. Oh god. I'm one of those people who buys terrifying Japanese cushions and/or is a humanoid cat in disguise.

*managed to surprised my dorm, when living in Japan one day. Went out, and the weather went all monsoon-rain and lightning. I decided it would be fun to see where the lightning was coming from...

And blackouts. Used to live all rural (arr!). Blackouts were super fun, lots of candles and silliness.

Offline K.Trian

• This user has been banned
  • Night Angel
  • I shop for soft drinks mostly at night... mostly.
    • View Profile
    • T. K. Trian's Literary World
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2012, 10:08:45 AM »
Sports. My sore arms and wrists and the four walls I conquered yesterday while indoor climbing. The fact that we'll go boxing again today. Sports make me happy.