June 19, 2018, 09:02:35 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 771932 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #10425 on: February 18, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
Also, what does HTH stand for?
Hope this helps.

HTH ;)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10426 on: February 18, 2018, 07:14:08 PM »
HTH is one of the two most common forms of bleach.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:16:33 PM by The Gem Cutter »
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Rostum

« Reply #10427 on: February 18, 2018, 11:06:18 PM »
HTH= hope this helps

If leather is oiled or treated it will wipe clean from the finished surface. The suede looking surface will stain . Ox blood is/was used to dye leather red I think human blood is likely to stain as well.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10428 on: February 18, 2018, 11:16:32 PM »
Heh, woops. Acronyms - more brevity, less clarity
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Rostum

« Reply #10429 on: February 19, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »
and HTH= Calcium Hypochlorite perfectly suitable to purify water, gas yourself or make low explosives.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #10430 on: February 19, 2018, 07:00:00 AM »
Let me tell you folks, waking up to strange noises and your bed shaking due to an earthquake is quite a shocker.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline ScarletBea

• Cruise Director, Positive Invisible Fighter, and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10431 on: February 19, 2018, 08:06:03 AM »
Let me tell you folks, waking up to strange noises and your bed shaking due to an earthquake is quite a shocker.
Oh, I thought you'd be used to it, with all the volcanos around... *shows ignorance*
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Also called Ashorvaed, in the Immortal Language of Henry Dale!

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #10432 on: February 19, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
Oh, I thought you'd be used to it, with all the volcanos around... *shows ignorance*

We don't get many here in the north. Also, you are always very confused when waking up. And I've been indulging in some horror entertainment lately.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #10433 on: February 19, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
I don't associate the bed shaking and strange noises with horror... more with hopeful anticipation, but yes earthquakes can be quite bemusing.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #10434 on: February 19, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »
The only quakes I've experienced were in places where they're unusual: New Hampshire, Virginia, and here in Georgia. Another area where I am statistically unusual is that a disproportionately large number of my acquaintances have been hurt or killed by terrorists, and I am not counting Soldiers in combat. Over 13 people!
1 on the plane over Lockerbie; 2 in a building blown up in Saudi Arabia; 2 killed in the World Trade Center; 1 killed in a bombing in Jordan; the list goes on.
The Gem Cutter

Offline ScarletBea

• Cruise Director, Positive Invisible Fighter, and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10435 on: February 23, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »
I'm in a boring meeting, it's freezing inside this room (stupid heating not working, apparently, despite how many buttons we press), I can't change my signature here because profiles are down too.... ARGH!

I just want to go home, lay in my sofa and finish my books, I've got only about 50 pages left - I might leave work earlier, didn't have a lunch break anyway ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:22:24 PM by ScarletBea »
"It's time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship" (general O.N. Bradley)

Offline Rostum

« Reply #10436 on: February 23, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
Lazed out of bed around 11 pottered round the house and am now out to buy presents and go and see nephew and nieces. However I will pay for my slothfulness when I have to be up at 04:45 for work on Sunday.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #10437 on: February 23, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
I was mildly hungover this morning, so I decided to postpone my heavy workout until tomorrow. On the brighter side I've gotten a lot of school reading done today and yesterday, and I've finished one of the books well ahead of schedule. Also, after a whole lot of fleshing out the plot I'm ready to start my next series.

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #10438 on: February 23, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »
The only quakes I've experienced were in places where they're unusual: New Hampshire, Virginia, and here in Georgia. Another area where I am statistically unusual is that a disproportionately large number of my acquaintances have been hurt or killed by terrorists, and I am not counting Soldiers in combat. Over 13 people!
1 on the plane over Lockerbie; 2 in a building blown up in Saudi Arabia; 2 killed in the World Trade Center; 1 killed in a bombing in Jordan; the list goes on.

https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Georgia#Seismic_events

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #10439 on: February 24, 2018, 08:54:03 AM »
I need to ignore the fear and use my drill later today, to install the blackout blinds - light is definitely waking me up far earlier than I need to >:(

Anyone knows that if I want to use 3.5mm screws, which size hole should I drill? Same or the next size up?