August 04, 2020, 06:38:56 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1166948 times)

Offline Bender

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #12285 on: December 10, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »
Yeah, you need to be comfortable with public nudity to enjoy public Onsen in Japan. Most Japanese are.

Me and my friend were so uncomfortable that we had strict rules about getting in and out. Quite hilarious to think back on it.  ;D
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12286 on: December 10, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »
Gosh, your comment reminds me of when I was living in Switzerland, it was snowing and I went to the swimming pool! They had a jacuzzi area outside, linked to the inside pool, and it was great to be in hot water with snow falling on my head ;D

It CAN be quite pleasant, but there's all kinds of snow. The kind we're having is really unpleasant to have coming down on a bald head.

Had a similar experience at a Onsen (hot spring) in Hakone near Tokyo. Chill in air, drifting snowflakes, full view of Mt. Fuji bathed in snow, warm sake and cold beer at hand....I would have enjoyed it if not for the presence of a couple of naked Japanese men in the same pool.  :'( 

... so what? Do you live in one of those areas with private shower stalls?
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Bender

« Reply #12287 on: December 10, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »
Private shower stalls?
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12288 on: December 10, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »
Private shower stalls?

The showers in Icelandic swimming pools and gyms are communal. I know some countries don't do this, and so people basically never see a naked human being outside of the bedroom.

Offline Bender

« Reply #12289 on: December 10, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »
Private shower stalls?

The showers in Icelandic swimming pools and gyms are communal. I know some countries don't do this, and so people basically never see a naked human being outside of the bedroom.

Ah no. Even the gym has stalls and apart from daredevils in gym changing rooms, public nudity doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12290 on: December 10, 2019, 11:13:44 PM »
Private shower stalls?

Ah no. Even the gym has stalls and apart from daredevils in gym changing rooms, public nudity doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Prude. :)

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: December 11, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »
Fantasy Faction  members should do a nude spa day, you could all see me in my glory.

Could call it the grim gathering.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:25:32 AM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12292 on: December 11, 2019, 08:49:36 AM »
Well, the storm raged on all night and is still going strong. My bedroom window is completely covered with snow, schools and some institutions and services are closed, the power keeps going out for a split second, houses have been damaged and vehicles blown over.

It's a holiday miracle.

Fantasy Faction  members should do a nude spa day, you could all see me in my glory.

Oh, absolutely.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:04:07 AM by Eli_Freysson »

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12293 on: December 11, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »

;D ;D ;D
NO WAY :P :o :o

And Eli, I don't think it's being prude, it's a question of culture and how you're brought up.
I think only a couple of northern countries are that comfortable with general nudity, to be honest - due to culture.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline isos81

« Reply #12294 on: December 11, 2019, 09:24:00 AM »

;D ;D ;D
NO WAY :P :o :o

And Eli, I don't think it's being prude, it's a question of culture and how you're brought up.
I think only a couple of northern countries are that comfortable with general nudity, to be honest - due to culture.

I consider myself modern despite being raised in Muslim culture. Still, I sometimes feel uncomfortable around nudity. I'm not against nudity but I never ever wanted to go, say, to a nude beach (mainly because I do not want to display my own body).
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12295 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:08 AM »
When everyone's naked, no one is.

Offline hexa

« Reply #12296 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »
Bender could show us his scar, from when he was frying papadum's

Offline Rostum

« Reply #12297 on: December 12, 2019, 12:42:49 AM »
At a medieval event in Glimmerhaus Sweden the showers were mixed and for the most part people from everywhere just got on with showering. After a few days a very stoppy Swedish girl complained that the English women were all going to the shower when her boyfriend did and were leching after him.

Bunch of English Viking re-enactors out at Roskilde were skinny dipping in the sea and one of the organisers rushed up and said " You must stop them" to which the reply was
"what"
"You cannot be naked on this beach control the English"
" hang on if they are naked how do you know they are English"?
To which she stopped and looked at us like we were stupid and said " Danes are brown English are pink"

Offline Bender

« Reply #12298 on: December 12, 2019, 01:38:32 AM »
Bender could show us his scar, from when he was frying papadum's

That's some memory for a guy with 36 posts.  :D

You should post in my information about posters thread.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12299 on: December 12, 2019, 03:31:29 AM »
At a medieval event in Glimmerhaus Sweden the showers were mixed and for the most part people from everywhere just got on with showering. After a few days a very stoppy Swedish girl complained that the English women were all going to the shower when her boyfriend did and were leching after him.

Bunch of English Viking re-enactors out at Roskilde were skinny dipping in the sea and one of the organisers rushed up and said " You must stop them" to which the reply was
"what"
"You cannot be naked on this beach control the English"
" hang on if they are naked how do you know they are English"?
To which she stopped and looked at us like we were stupid and said " Danes are brown English are pink"

Mixed men and women shower? Now that's just weird, hahah. Asian culture (well, besides Japan), doesn't usually even do the same sex shared bathroom thing. There was one time while I was studying in Europe when my Norwegian and English friend tried to get me to bath with them in the gym shower, and even that I studiously decline.