December 06, 2019, 12:38:42 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1043653 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #12210 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:02 PM »
Yay, belated happy birthday to your boys, isos, may they grow happy and healthy :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online isos81

« Reply #12211 on: November 18, 2019, 03:33:59 PM »
Yay, belated happy birthday to your boys, isos, may they grow happy and healthy :D

That's a lovely wish, thanks Bea :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12212 on: November 18, 2019, 09:33:41 PM »

Me and my guerilla warfare at Waterstones yesterday: Cameron, Jen and Anna were on the shelf, not the table ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:41:42 PM by ScarletBea »

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: November 18, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
Tell me more about

Taran Matharu

According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: November 18, 2019, 10:02:41 PM »

Me and my guerilla warfare at Waterstones yesterday: Cameron, Jen and Anna were on the shelf, not the table ;)

Also if in that photo  you can see my shoe  ;D  I think Bea has a fetish for taking photos of shoes.
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Bender

« Reply #12215 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »
Today is International Men's Day.

Not sure how this works, but time to celebrate...yay!

Happy Men's Day, fellow boys and men!
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12216 on: November 20, 2019, 02:46:49 AM »
Today is International Men's Day.

Not sure how this works, but time to celebrate...yay!

Happy Men's Day, fellow boys and men!

I'm not sure either, but let's brought forth our drinks and snacks and roll in to the man cave!  ;D

Online isos81

« Reply #12217 on: November 20, 2019, 06:22:05 AM »
Did you know we do not use the word Fantasy as book classification in Turkey? Instead, we use the word Fantastic. Fantasy is reserved for eroticism. So when you say fantasy, it's always erotic fantasy.

Once, I asked a girl if she reads fantasy. She looked confused and asked me if I'm alright. She probably thought how stupid I'm to ask a girl whether she reads erotic stories ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:56:57 AM by isos81 »
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12218 on: November 20, 2019, 07:54:11 AM »
Happy Men's day yesterday to all forumites :)

And isos, that is really weird :o
Although... thinking about it... I think in portuguese it might be the same?? I'll check the shelves and labels when I'm there in December, hehe

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12219 on: November 21, 2019, 11:22:47 AM »
Did you know we do not use the word Fantasy as book classification in Turkey? Instead, we use the word Fantastic. Fantasy is reserved for eroticism. So when you say fantasy, it's always erotic fantasy.

Once, I asked a girl if she reads fantasy. She looked confused and asked me if I'm alright. She probably thought how stupid I'm to ask a girl whether she reads erotic stories ;D

What the hell, hahaha.  ;D What about erotic stories in a fantasy setting? Fantastic fantasy?

Online isos81

« Reply #12220 on: November 21, 2019, 11:57:56 AM »

What the hell, hahaha.  ;D What about erotic stories in a fantasy setting? Fantastic fantasy?

Never read one. Do you recommend any? ;D

When I search for "Fantazi Kitaplar" which means "Fantasy Books", the first result is 10 erotic books you should read ;D

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:59:34 AM by isos81 »

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: November 21, 2019, 06:10:56 PM »

Never read one. Do you recommend any? ;D

When I search for "Fantazi Kitaplar" which means "Fantasy Books", the first result is 10 erotic books you should read ;D

There was the time I was visiting China and wanted to read up on pandas first. Went on kindle store. First few hits were children's illustrated books. Then things took a disturbing turn.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #12222 on: November 22, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
Okay, this is long past weird.

We have barely had a drop from the sky or a gust of wind for about a month now. The temperature has been about what can be expected for the season, but this eerie stillness is extremely unusual.

I'm not complaining, but this is just odd.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Online isos81

« Reply #12223 on: November 23, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »

We have barely had a drop from the sky or a gust of wind for about a month now. The temperature has been about what can be expected for the season, but this eerie stillness is extremely unusual.

We're almost into winter and there was no drop of rain in Ankara, too. My brother still goes swimming in my hometown (south of Turkey).

This seems odd but I think that the seasons are shifting.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12224 on: November 23, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »

We're almost into winter and there was no drop of rain in Ankara, too. My brother still goes swimming in my hometown (south of Turkey).

This seems odd but I think that the seasons are shifting.

Hey, there's not much rain here to, halfway across the world from you guys. I guess we should start preparing for the end times now? *alien apocalypse theme started playing*  ;D