October 19, 2019, 01:11:14 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1011810 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #12030 on: September 16, 2019, 07:44:18 AM »
Nope and congrats, Inky :D

And by the way, the loud music stopped at 6.30pm on saturday and didn't come back: hurrah!
(considering it started around 10.30, they must have hired that for 8 hours, hehe)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline isos81

« Reply #12031 on: September 16, 2019, 12:29:43 PM »
Oh wow I'm a Kingkiller. That's nice. Coming back to it, we still didn't know why Rothfuss's the Kingkiller Chronicles was called that, what with the Doors of Stone latency. Anyone have got any speculations?

I'm pretty sure that even Rothfuss does not know the answer to that question :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:32:57 AM by isos81 »
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: September 16, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »
Oh wow I'm a Kingkiller. That's nice. Coming back to it, we still didn't know why Rothfuss's the Kingkiller Chronicles was called that, what with the Doors of Stone latency. Anyone have got any speculations?
I really hope it's not Simon who becomes King and will be killed by Kvothe. Ambrose would be to easy and there aren't any other characters who may become a King we already know.
That's said, I read the books when they came out (or shortly after) so my memory may not be the best here.
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12033 on: September 17, 2019, 04:43:09 AM »
I really hope it's not Simon who becomes King and will be killed by Kvothe. Ambrose would be to easy and there aren't any other characters who may become a King we already know.
That's said, I read the books when they came out (or shortly after) so my memory may not be the best here.

Wait, Simon? Who is Simon? It's been so long I've forgotten, hahah.  ;D

Offline isos81

« Reply #12034 on: September 17, 2019, 07:34:16 AM »

Simon (actually Simmon) is Kvothe's best friend :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12035 on: September 17, 2019, 07:53:47 AM »

Simon (actually Simmon) is Kvothe's best friend :)

Oooh, and at first I was thinking about the Chronicler guy, hahah. My memory have all gone rusty.  ;D

Offline isos81

« Reply #12036 on: September 18, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »
I'm a mage now, yeah 8)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12037 on: September 18, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »
*waves magic wand back at mage* ;D

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12038 on: September 20, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
"The best antidote to a culture shifting to bad behavior is to re-normalize good behavior." Seth Godin

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12039 on: September 22, 2019, 04:40:20 PM »
(I no longer apologise for double- triple- posting ;D)

This past week I went to the theatre and saw "How not to drown" - https://www.thickskintheatre.co.uk/hntd
It was great, and if you ever have the chance to go, don't miss it :)

Offline isos81

« Reply #12040 on: September 25, 2019, 07:05:15 AM »
I've made some serious changes with my life.

Now, I wake up at 6 am. Drink two full spoon of apple cider vinegar (mixed with water but still disgusting). Walk to the subway (5 km).

Besides, I've started intermittent fasting. I only eat between 12 and 4 pm.

I'm done with kickboxing for now (my bones need to heal) and starting to either yoga or climbing.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12041 on: September 25, 2019, 07:55:01 AM »
wow, that's a lot!
I hope it works for whatever you want it to do :)

Offline isos81

« Reply #12042 on: September 25, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
wow, that's a lot!
I hope it works for whatever you want it to do :)

My main motivation is health. It's getting harder and harder to keep my shape as I age. I need to get a better shape before it's too late :)

Offline Rostum

« Reply #12043 on: September 25, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
Yes it gets much harder to maintain fitness with age you are also carrying an acumulation of injuries. every time I went back to running I wound up hurting myself and preventing further exercise. very depressing but not as bad as not being acheive what you once could.

Good luck with the Climbing and Yoga both are great ways of exercising everything, fasting I am dubious about. I hope you are not counting water in that and drinking more than you need?

Offline isos81

« Reply #12044 on: September 25, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
Yes it gets much harder to maintain fitness with age you are also carrying an acumulation of injuries. every time I went back to running I wound up hurting myself and preventing further exercise. very depressing but not as bad as not being acheive what you once could.

Good luck with the Climbing and Yoga both are great ways of exercising everything, fasting I am dubious about. I hope you are not counting water in that and drinking more than you need?

Injuries are really a big trouble. It's easier to injure yourself and it takes more time to fully heal. It's sometimes depressing to realize that you are no longer your young self :)

Water, black coffee and black/green tea don't break the fasting period. I try to drink 2/3 liters of water a day. Too much water will start harming the kidney.