September 22, 2019, 11:56:36 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 998901 times)

Offline isos81

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #11925 on: August 18, 2019, 07:29:01 AM »
Oh my, riding in a Tesla model 3 is amazing :D
My sister and brother-in-law just got one, we're going out for the day to Bath testing it - just stopped at a service station.

Oh wow. Please please tell me it had auto-driving. I'm so curious and intrigued about that.
I think it does, but they didn't use it. They just got it this week and are still discovering all the features. It's got a glass ceiling too 8)

In Dorne.
Wow ;D

I want to buy one but it's too expensive in Turkey. I can buy two houses instead of a Tesla :(

Oh wow. Even a self-driving car is not worth that much, IMO. If it could turned into a flying car like the Delorean in Back to the Future, maybe...
It's the government that put the heavy taxes on cars. We are paying two (and three sometimes) times more for the same car. And usd/try parity is killing us too. Something 100 USD is 600 TRY (plus taxes) in Turkey :(
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Rostum

« Reply #11926 on: August 18, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »
While I would seriously consider an electric bike a self driving bike is not something I would ever want.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11927 on: August 18, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
I don't think our roads are ready for self-driving cars, hehe

If hell is other people, nowhere is that more obvious than on roads ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Bender

« Reply #11928 on: August 18, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »
Tesla still needs lots of infrastructure. My cousin just bought one. It needs 6 hrs of recharging every day at home and even a public supercharger (can't be bought at home) takes about 75 mins. And even in US supercharging stations are not that frequent once you move out of urban centres.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11929 on: August 18, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »
I think it's different in the UK. We stopped for a break halfway and he charged the car in about 20 minutes, for a 280 mile range.
It might be different for other brands, though, they don't have super-chargers.

I'm considering a hybrid when I change my company car next year, but I need to research (and see what's available in the list)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Rostum

« Reply #11930 on: August 18, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm considering a hybrid when I change my company car next year, but I need to research (and see what's available in the list)

Its viable for commuting and made easier when work provides free charging.

Just don't be like someone I could mention who drove the four miles to work early every morning and would leave his car charging all day. Eventually 'Work' worked out how short his commute was and took an interest. it turned out his all day charge was necessary as when he got home he plugged his car battery into his grid return (he had a solar array) and sold the electricity back to the grid. This little scam was worth at least £30,000 over three years.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11931 on: August 18, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »
Wow :o
Anyway, work doesn't have charging points so something like that could never happen, hehe

I'm on my way home, wahey!
I really enjoyed these days in London but my body felt the change and I slept quite badly all days :-\ I still have tomorrow morning off work ;D

Offline isos81

« Reply #11932 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »
I'm starting kickboxing today :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #11933 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »

Cool! I'm doing Muay Thai too. Martial arts sure are a great way to work out and lose some sweat. Are you going to a gym near where you live?

Offline isos81

« Reply #11934 on: August 19, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

Cool! I'm doing Muay Thai too. Martial arts sure are a great way to work out and lose some sweat. Are you going to a gym near where you live?

Yes, a gym close by my work. The trainer is world champion but I only need to lose some weight and get my body in shape.

I'm a big fan of Bruce Lee and his philosphy. Martial arts are a great way to educate yourself physically and mentally.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11935 on: August 20, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »

;D

I'm supposed to be moving offices, so I packed and labelled everything before I went to London mid last week.
Today I got back to the office, everything is still in the same place!
I just set up my laptop on the desk and unpacked the mouse and the power cable ::) I wonder when we're moving, actually...

Offline isos81

« Reply #11936 on: August 20, 2019, 03:35:41 PM »
I started running today after 3 years of no sports. It felt good until heavy rain and hail started ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11937 on: August 20, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »
I started running today after 3 years of no sports. It felt good until heavy rain and hail started ;D
Ooooh well done, you!
I also only run when it's good weather (no rain), hehe

Offline isos81

« Reply #11938 on: August 20, 2019, 04:32:16 PM »
Ooooh well done, you!

I was not expecting rain. It was sunny when I got out. It started suddenly and I was away from home :)

Still, I loved it and realized that I missed sports so much.

Offline Peat

« Reply #11939 on: August 20, 2019, 05:08:30 PM »
Ooooh well done, you!

So you'd run twice as often if you left Yorkshire?  :P
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/